assuming we trade down i say we get an rt... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

assuming we trade down i say we get an rt...

BARF

...FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
...here is why you draft that and then you put carey and jerry at the guard spots with cog at center, then in the secound round you draft the best rb available or maybe wr, but there is a big drop off after green and jones, so i would take rb, and then in the 3rd if he is there you take a chance with stanzi, i think he could be a steal of a qb in the draft reminds a lot of brady, and he looks kind of that colt mccoy type qb, look at what dabol did with mccoy in cleveland, just too bad he didn't have anybody to throw the ball to...thoughts

i see where you're going with it, but there is no guarentee carey would be a good guard, which could decrease the play of your line. also i think garner would most likely beat our jerry putting him into a depth role, which would be fine with me. i'm not totally against what you're proposing, but i think stanzi would be gone by the 15th pick in the 3rd round. there's like 10 QB needs teams infront of us in round 1 and round 3. if we trade down in 1, well have a very low second round pick.. that might be when you target a QB

i see where you're going with it, but there is no guarentee carey would be a good guard, which could decrease the play of your line. also i think garner would most likely beat our jerry putting him into a depth role, which would be fine with me. i'm not totally against what you're proposing, but i think stanzi would be gone by the 15th pick in the 3rd round. there's like 10 QB needs teams infront of us in round 1 and round 3. if we trade down in 1, well have a very low second round pick.. that might be when you target a QB

forgot about that one, if not in the 3rd i say we draft stanzi in the 2nd, and then get the rb in the 3rd, the picks will only be about 20 apart which aint to bad

If Mallet is off the board, and they trade down, then Pouncey, Wiesnewski, and Moffit, three in a row.

I dont have a problem with Stanzi really but you do know he is projected to be a late third or 4th round pick so why the hell would we take Stanzi with a 2nd?
forgot about that one, if not in the 3rd i say we draft stanzi in the 2nd, and then get the rb in the 3rd, the picks will only be about 20 apart which aint to bad

If Mallet is there at #15 you DO NOT trade down. He has the best arm at any qb and I couldn't care less about picking up an offensive lineman, if we don't come out of this draft with either a game ready stud RB or our QB of the future who gives a **** about our line. Give Chad Henne all day and he'll still check down and miss the RB by 5 feet.

We are going to have to good of a record next year (anything over 3 wins) to end up picking luck. Mallet without a question has the best arm in the draft, if it wasnt for (IMO) overblown character concerns he would be a top 10 pick easily. Good offensive lineman can be found all over the draft. But I will be physically ill if we pass up on another potentially great draft pick and take another lower tier prospect and pin our QB hopes to them again.

This is the year Miami, Mallet, Ponder, or Locker should all be ther at 15. Find your guy and take him for the love of god.

I dont have a problem with Stanzi really but you do know he is projected to be a late third or 4th round pick so why the hell would we take Stanzi with a 2nd?

I don't put nothing past our goofball front office.

I'd have to think that Gabe Carimi is on the Dolphins radar. He seems like a perfect fit for what Miami likes to do.

Draft Ingram @ #15 and the rest will fall into place.

it would be good if he is around in the 3rd when we pick i would hate to draft him in the second, but you never with this FO

If Mallet is there at #15 you DO NOT trade down. He has the best arm at any qb and I couldn't care less about picking up an offensive lineman, if we don't come out of this draft with either a game ready stud RB or our QB of the future who gives a **** about our line. Give Chad Henne all day and he'll still check down and miss the RB by 5 feet.

We are going to have to good of a record next year (anything over 3 wins) to end up picking luck. Mallet without a question has the best arm in the draft, if it wasnt for (IMO) overblown character concerns he would be a top 10 pick easily. Good offensive lineman can be found all over the draft. But I will be physically ill if we pass up on another potentially great draft pick and take another lower tier prospect and pin our QB hopes to them again.

This is the year Miami, Mallet, Ponder, or Locker should all be ther at 15. Find your guy and take him for the love of god.

I agree that you don't pass on Mallett at #15, but character concerns aren't his only issue.

Back
Top Bottom