August 2nd's Monday Night Countdown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

August 2nd's Monday Night Countdown

eckerdguy

Starter
Reaction score
I know I only post once and a great while but lots of times I don't post because things have already been said. But I need to vent so I think I will do so. It all started when I went home this past weekend to Baltimore. I pulled out the Sports page in the Baltimore Sun and it had Ricky on the front page. Then when I look in the paper it had there version of their own power rankings. They had the Dolphins at number 26 or 27 and their beloved Ravens at 6. All because the loss of Ricky Williams they think we are a crapt team now. They should look in the mirror because everyday I was home all they talked about was how many mistakes the QB's were making for their team. I forgot one key thing though, they have Kordell Stewart and we don't. Sucks for us I guess. :) Sure there are some bias but give me a break.

Now onto yesterday, good ol' Monday Night Countdown. I apologize if this was already spoken about. But I am sick of these ESPN commentators thinking the Dolphins will be a sub .500 team. Yes we loss Ricky Williams and yes he was a major part of our offense. But like many of us have said or thought about. He was so great but he still couldn't get us over that hump. He couldn't even carry us to the playoffs. Now I know he isn't the only reason but you would think so the way ESPN talks. Maybe they are to retarded to think about history. We made it what 6 years in a row, correct me if im wrong. Sure we lost in the 2nd round and 1st round but we made it with average talent at running back. We all know Lamar Smith was no saving grace, John Avery was well John Avery, and Kareem Ja Ja Ju Ju Bee or whatever his name was. All people that virtually have no careers in football yet we still made it to the playoffs with them. So I just don't understand why ESPN commentators think we won't contend. We have an awesome defense and we have a better core of receivers then we have had in a long time in my opinion.

I think Sean and that other guy will be eating their own words come midway through the season. If David Boston can emerge as a legitimate deep threat, I think our offense will be just fine with Minor in the back field. I think Minor will surprise alot of people and if Fiedler can stay healthy a whole season I see a totally different outlook for their season. I have a feeling by season's end people will be saying Ricky Who?

Sorry for the rant but its something that needs to be said...

yeah its pretty hard to watch those fools talk bad about our fins screw um!!

I know all these sentiments have been stated before, but everytime I read them I have to: :wave::up::friday::drinkers::beerbang::cpatch::hump::thewave::eat:

Go FINS!

I truely believe this is right. Those guys shouldn't be counting us out but, in a way, I'm glad they are. It takes the pressure off the team and will allow us to surprise them.

eckerdguy said:
I know I only post once and a great while but lots of times I don't post because things have already been said. But I need to vent so I think I will do so. It all started when I went home this past weekend to Baltimore. I pulled out the Sports page in the Baltimore Sun and it had Ricky on the front page. Then when I look in the paper it had there version of their own power rankings. They had the Dolphins at number 26 or 27 and their beloved Ravens at 6. All because the loss of Ricky Williams they think we are a crapt team now. They should look in the mirror because everyday I was home all they talked about was how many mistakes the QB's were making for their team. I forgot one key thing though, they have Kordell Stewart and we don't. Sucks for us I guess. :) Sure there are some bias but give me a break.

Now onto yesterday, good ol' Monday Night Countdown. I apologize if this was already spoken about. But I am sick of these ESPN commentators thinking the Dolphins will be a sub .500 team. Yes we loss Ricky Williams and yes he was a major part of our offense. But like many of us have said or thought about. He was so great but he still couldn't get us over that hump. He couldn't even carry us to the playoffs. Now I know he isn't the only reason but you would think so the way ESPN talks. Maybe they are to retarded to think about history. We made it what 6 years in a row, correct me if im wrong. Sure we lost in the 2nd round and 1st round but we made it with average talent at running back. We all know Lamar Smith was no saving grace, John Avery was well John Avery, and Kareem Ja Ja Ju Ju Bee or whatever his name was. All people that virtually have no careers in football yet we still made it to the playoffs with them. So I just don't understand why ESPN commentators think we won't contend. We have an awesome defense and we have a better core of receivers then we have had in a long time in my opinion.

I think Sean and that other guy will be eating their own words come midway through the season. If David Boston can emerge as a legitimate deep threat, I think our offense will be just fine with Minor in the back field. I think Minor will surprise alot of people and if Fiedler can stay healthy a whole season I see a totally different outlook for their season. I have a feeling by season's end people will be saying Ricky Who?

Sorry for the rant but its something that needs to be said...

i a weird way im kinda glad, i was really getting sick of believing everything they said the last 3 or 4 years about how we are going to the super bowl, now that i realized they have no clue what they are talking about, it dont bother me that they dont think must of us, that less pressure, less press, and expectation and more reason for our guys to go prove something, so let them say we will be sub .500 i dont bother me cause ever year they said we were a superbowl contender we didnt make the playoffs so maybe now they are counting us out its a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom