August Update | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

August Update

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Hello Premium Members,

Well, August came and went extremely fast, and now the season is just right around the corner! During that quick month, FinHeaven has been extremely busy.

One noticeable achievement was getting an advertisement in the Sun-Sentinel, which cost $584.00. The bad news is that they screwed up and put it in the Florida State Seminoles section, and not the Dolphins section. I have already talked to the editor, and I will most likely receive a credit for another ad or some type of refund. Out of the two options, I will most likely advertise once again, but in the Sunday paper. Anyways, the FinHeaven & Co account stands at $1,649.25.

Also, during this past week I stayed up till 4am talking with someone out in Germany. He currently owns a web developing company, and is working on a script that FinHeaven & Co desperately needed to improve the website. The script would normally cost between $300-$600; however, I talked him into giving it to me for free. There is no advertisement trade off; I have just agreed to be a Beta tester. The script is a content management system, which would be able to correct categorize the commentary better, and get the place better organized. Expect to see this live in 7-10 days.

In addition, Muck and I are currently working on expanding our history section. When that is finished, FinHeaven will be home to the LARGEST Miami Dolphins History section. I will inform you when that project is done. Currently, I am looking at about a week or so.

Next on the agenda, I will be receiving some loans soon through financial aid at college. I am going to spend approximately $500 on tickets to give away as well as window decals (please see links at bottom for mock ups). I’m not using the site’s funds simply because I personally want to invest more money into the website.

That is about it for August. September is going to be an extremely crazy month for not only me, but also the website. Please keep an eye out for the tailgating part in September, which will be against the Bills.

Thank you once again for all your help, I really appreciate it. If anyone has any questions, comments, or suggestions… please let me know :D

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Hey AJ, I was going to say that I didn't see the advertisement on Thurs. and spent awhile looking for it. Plus my internet connect was screwed up and I couldn't stay on here for more than like 5 min. to ask anyone about it. Hmmm, for the money you spent on it, it seems that they made a pretty big mistake but at least ya get credit for the next time. BTW, everything you've said sounds cool but i have a couple of questions tho'. One, what is the MD's history section that you and Muck are working on? And two, how can I qualify for the football game tickets? Hey, we trust your sound judgements and decisions, that's why I will help out in any way I can.

Muck and I are improving the history section by doing the following:

I am personalyl adding "Season In Reviews" for every season. To my knowledge, no other Dolphins site has this. Muck (and now Wharf) are working on getting game stats for every game from 1994 and on. We started at 1994 simply because we can't find any more information prior.

As for the football game tickets, if you mean when we give them away, you generally don't have to do much. I'm going to get the cost of getting tickets from the Texans game and on, but I'll have to see what the cost is. I think it will run around $350-$400. If I get those, I'll be trading off week to week. Meaning one week it will be JUST for the premium members, and the next week it will be open to everyone including the premium members.

However, I'll let you and everyone else know if I get that deal, as it is expensive.

Thanks for the questions...

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Thanks AJ for all the info, it all sounds very cool!:up:

AJ:

This is simply the BEST fan site in the NFL. Due in part to the hard work you, Muck and others put into it.

Thanks for providing a home for us Dolfans!!

I like the decals, AJ. Can't wait to get mine, so please let us know as soon as they're available. Am also lookng forward to your "history" segment. But it is really a bummer the ad didn't get into the special Dolfins section. I hope you held them up for a bundle because of their screw-up!

No September update? It's been a wild rollercoaster ride so far.

Back
Top Bottom