AVG to Vikings | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AVG to Vikings

Quite frankly, I’m surprised he didn’t get more. I view him as did Fangio as a starter.
Agreed. That was going to be my post. Fangio is the convenient target of overboard expectations around here. Who cares? The guy knows what he is looking at.

So does McDaniel. Late season we were playing somebody and McDaniel used a star player on the opposing team as, "He can look like Van Gink out there."

Don't pretend this one doesn't sting. It's the only one that annoys me today. You need playmakers, especially ones who are smart maneuverable and versatile.

I always use the reference point of the early '70s teams. Would this guy have had a role on that team? Forget about player size. We know that changes from era to era. In terms of character and dependability and everything else, even many of our star players would have been flat no. Andrew Van Ginkel is definite yes, in the Bob Matheson role and more.

Canes fans will remember 2017 as the only exciting season in the past decade or more. We were exposed late season after a long unbeaten run. Still, it equated to an Orange Bowl berth and a raucous sold out crowd. The Canes responded with huge early energy and were threatening to blow the game open early. Andrew Van Ginkel ended all of that, with an interception of Malik Rosier that ended Miami's momentum and led to a pivotal Badgers touchdown to cut the deficit and silence the crowd. Wisconsin rallied to win.

Congratulations to him. Going home is a big deal for someone at that stage of like and career. The new funds will enable wise investment, in a house and otherwise.

So starting next season miami will have no pass rushers as chubb and phillips most likely won't be back from their injuries. Hope miami has a not too expensive plan via FA or might have to draft another pass rusher again. I read that this draft is deep with talented pass rushers. Don't want miami going first rd for that since miami has big needs and hope a 1st rd pick goes to ol or elsewhere. But there could be good pass rush talent be in 2nd rd for miami and if so, they might have to draft a guy

So starting next season miami will have no pass rushers as chubb and phillips most likely won't be back from their injuries. Hope miami has a not too expensive plan via FA or might have to draft another pass rusher again. I read that this draft is deep with talented pass rushers. Don't want miami going first rd for that since miami has big needs and hope a 1st rd pick goes to ol or elsewhere. But there could be good pass rush talent be in 2nd rd for miami and if so, they might have to draft a guy

Chubb and Phillips will both be back

Might be Oct but it will happen

Just in time for our SB run next season

Keep the faith bro

The one player I got behind in a long time. Bummer, but I would take the new contract if I were him. Like all of us would. Not like we all didn't know it was coming, but glad to see him cash in.

unfortunately not for this years draft coming up I assume tho. Sucks miami doesn't have a 3rd rd pick in this draft
Yep thanks to the whistle blower Flores. 🤬I’m surprised he didn’t get blackballed after that. Who outs their old team for tampering. He broke the code.

Last edited:
Agreed. That was going to be my post. Fangio is the convenient target of overboard expectations around here. Who cares? The guy knows what he is looking at.

So does McDaniel. Late season we were playing somebody and McDaniel used a star player on the opposing team as, "He can look like Van Gink out there."

Don't pretend this one doesn't sting. It's the only one that annoys me today. You need playmakers, especially ones who are smart maneuverable and versatile.

I always use the reference point of the early '70s teams. Would this guy have had a role on that team? Forget about player size. We know that changes from era to era. In terms of character and dependability and everything else, even many of our star players would have been flat no. Andrew Van Ginkel is definite yes, in the Bob Matheson role and more.

Canes fans will remember 2017 as the only exciting season in the past decade or more. We were exposed late season after a long unbeaten run. Still, it equated to an Orange Bowl berth and a raucous sold out crowd. The Canes responded with huge early energy and were threatening to blow the game open early. Andrew Van Ginkel ended all of that, with an interception of Malik Rosier that ended Miami's momentum and led to a pivotal Badgers touchdown to cut the deficit and silence the crowd. Wisconsin rallied to win.

Congratulations to him. Going home is a big deal for someone at that stage of like and career. The new funds will enable wise investment, in a house and otherwise.
Agreed, I was really hoping they’d resign him, and that price wasn’t too bad. Also annoying he’s going to play for Flores. At least it’s not in our division I suppose, that would be worst…

Sounds like his wife wanted him to move closer to family? If so who knows what we offered him.

Wowwwwwww. We are going to be so bad on defense next year. Both our des coming off injury and now losing our back up? Ouch
Did I miss something?
I thought we’d only had one day of FA and the draft still to come?

Did I miss something?
I thought we’d only had one day of FA and the draft still to come?
No, just an overreaction. Still a long way to go.

I hate losing AVG, but I'm happy he got such a big deal. He is one of those players you want to see be successful

We love the team with blood, sweat and tears. The players love the money. This guy epitomized the Fins yet he goes and takes the highest offer. We as fans should look at the team as a business and not give a flying eff what they do on the field, at least my tears won't be shed any longer.

Back
Top Bottom