Awesome film of the best Center in the 2009 draft (in case we cant land Brown) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Awesome film of the best Center in the 2009 draft (in case we cant land Brown)

I think Mack would be excellent if we don't get Brown. If we do get Brown, then I think we could maybe go after Hakeem Nicks/Heywerd-Bey, unless we get L. Coles. It would be nice picking up these guys through free agency,,,,,then we can use more of our draft picks on defense.

I think the guy Antoine Caldwell would be a better value and fit for our offense. Mack is good, but he falls down too much and his footwork is suspect.

I honestly think we'll be very quiet on the Brown situation. I think we'll draft a centre. We need another rookie contract on that o-line to make it viable. Smiley, Carey and Long are all very well paid.

highlight reels are not the best film to watch when breaking down a player. look at his negatives also

Looks very good in these highlights!! If we can get this type of effort from him 80% of the time then I would be in favor of drafting him with 1 of our first 3 picks.

What I really like "from" the highlights is that he appears to be relentless: maintains contact with his man or any body in an opposing jersey until the whistle blows, sometimes even after the whistle blows.

What I don't like is he appears short or stays too high in his blocks!!

From what little I got to see of the Senior Bowl he looked absolutely dominate!

that video is really well made...

and yes, i believe this is the type of run blocking we're looking for, but i don't know how he'd fare against a NT like jenkins or wilfork in front of him... it's a whole different story...

the dolphins know what they would get with jason brown, they have footage of him going up against shaun rodgers twice and casey hampton twice... i haven't seen those games so i couldn't say

that's the main difference IMO... the dolphins would be gambling on a rookie center, paying less money. Signing jason brown is a "you know what you get" type of deal, but it's an expensive price to pay. the reason why they seemingly want brown, i think, is partly because they'd be saving a draft pick and they wouldn't have questions about the offensive line anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason Brown may play C/G.... Mack is a Center..., likes contact... Relishes the battle

Similar to Wood

Smiley may be the one looking in from the outside if Thomas is as good as some say he is...

that video is really well made...

and yes, i believe this is the type of run blocking we're looking for, but i don't know how he'd fare against a NT like jenkins or wilfork in front of him... it's a whole different story...

the dolphins know what they would get with jason brown, they have footage of him going up against shaun rodgers twice and casey hampton twice... i haven't seen those games so i couldn't say

that's the main difference IMO... the dolphins would be gambling on a rookie center, paying less money. Signing jason brown is a "you know what you get" type of deal, but it's an expensive price to pay. the reason why they seemingly want brown, i think, is partly because they'd be saving a draft pick and they wouldn't have questions about the offensive line anymore

A bit like we did with Ernest Wilford, yeah?

Don't really buy this attitude. They'll evaluate each available player and at what price they'll come. They'll go for the best player at the most acceptable price.

My guess? Rookie.

A bit like we did with Ernest Wilford, yeah?

Don't really buy this attitude. They'll evaluate each available player and at what price they'll come. They'll go for the best player at the most acceptable price.

My guess? Rookie.

totally different... ernest was the best possession receiver out there for us, considering that we were a 1-15 team, we didn't lure many interest from players. We also had both lines to bolster up in the draft so the dolphins weren't interested in investing a draft pick on a WR who, at the time of the draft, would've been groomed/paired by John Beck or Josh McCown as his QBs ... not good lol

this situation is different, but i agree with you that the dolphins must have a lot on their minds right now, because this draft is full of potential at center and on the other hand, jason brown seems like a very good football player even though he is expensive

Quite right. And he's not good enough for the money being whispered. I'd take Mack at 25 and Coles in FA any day over that.

Almost all of his blocking was done on the second level against LB's. That won't happen against a 3-4 in the NFL. Also, Mack was one of the few linemen that didn't work out at the combine. I'm not sold on him.

Back
Top Bottom