B. Mingo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

B. Mingo

jetsh8r

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Rewatching his highlight videos again. Every time I put watch the it I think he has ridiculous speed and he would be much needed speed to our defense. We dont have anyone with that kind of speed although Wake plays very fast in a smaller area. When you look at the stats though I am just as blown away because there is no production there and when there is, it isnt against the top teams or players. Is it because the stats are shared by so many on that defense? I know there are a lot of opinions on this player but I want to hear from those that see him coming to our defense and getting 10+ sacks a year when he never did that in college. I tend to believe that if they didnt do it in college, then they probably wont do it in the NFL, even though there are exceptions to this.

I'd be very surprised if he made it to 12; but if he does, he's my pick over just about anyone (except maybe Carradine). Check out hoops take on Mingo at the top of this forum (one of the stickies up there), he loves him. He and Wake on opposite sides on passing downs would wreak havoc, potentially the best pass-rush combo in the AFC.

I'd be very surprised if he made it to 12; but if he does, he's my pick over just about anyone (except maybe Carradine). Check out hoops take on Mingo at the top of this forum (one of the stickies up there), he loves him. He and Wake on opposite sides on passing downs would wreak havoc, potentially the best pass-rush combo in the AFC.

I like him for the same reasons, but what about his lack of production at the college level?

Surprisingly lacking stats for what should be a talented player. And it's not like he was the only guy on LSU line, they couldn't double team or chip him every play.

I honestly don't know enough about looking at guys like him to give a solid take. That's why I directed the OP elsehwere. I'm basically just trusting that hoops, who I tend to agree with a lot, has good reasons for pounding the table for him like he has the past couple months. When I watch highlights I see a long athlete with a fantastic first step, that's all I can really tell ya though.

I wonder what college player with no stats we can compare him to that became very successful in the NFL?

It isn't just sack stats he lacks. He also doesn't get pressures.

He disappears WAY TOO much for a guy that supposedly has all this talent. Maybe people can blame the Les Miles' culture at LSU letting the kid take the foot off the peddle some, but if that is true, what does that say about his motor and desire. He has BUST written all over him.

if he bust it will be because someone tried to make him into something he's not...the talent though is undeniable if you know what to look for...

Last edited by a moderator:
He gets a lot of attention because of his school, his name and his position...all equals BUST!!!

I'm all for taking the best available pass rusher that's left at 12... Dont see the value later there later on like there is with many other need positions. Carradine will rise closer to the draft. Physically the guy looks the part. 6'4 275lbs... And the guy plays like it.

Back
Top Bottom