Bad news all Marlin-haters | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bad news all Marlin-haters

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Marlins clinched the NL Wild-Card tonight. Go Marlins. I hope everyone from Miami supports them in the playoffs.

The good news though is that the Dolphins next home game is in the middle of October. We'll only see the dirt infield if the Marlins make it to the World Series (which begins Oct. 18th).

GO MARLINS :eat:

So it doesn't affect us much at all if they make a good show of it.

I am a D backs fan, so I hope someone OTHER than the Giants makes it to the W.S.

Go Marlins...I guess. ;)

Dolfan87, well, it seems as though D-backs and Dodger fans have something in common to root for. I hate the D-backs as a team (although some of their individual players I like.) but not nearly a much as I loathe the GIANTS.

Gonk, I know you are a Marlins fan and they spanked the Phillies and Dodgers down the stretch. That team showed some heart and grit and deserves to be in their. Damn, if only L.A. hadn't wasted all that good pitching this year with terrible hitting. Go Marlins, Braves, Cubs/Astros. Anyone just beat the Giants!

Originally posted by Samphin
Damn, if only L.A. hadn't wasted all that good pitching this year with terrible hitting.

Dodgers have been doing that since before the strike of 94. That's something that's gone on longer then Miami and december.

Heck we are talking about the team that traded Pedro Martinez for Delino Deshields.

No need to remind me about the Pedro Martinez-Delino Deshields debacle Van. Also, remember Wilton Guerrero? He is the brother of Vladimir Guerrero. The Dodgers chose Wilton over Vlad as well. Tons of boneheaded moves over the past few years. Hell they have given Darren Dreifort 55 million doallrs and he has made 23 starts or something like that over the past four years. Ugh, I don't even want to talk about it anymore.

Originally posted by Samphin
No need to remind me about the Pedro Martinez-Delino Deshields debacle Van. Also, remember Wilton Guerrero? He is the brother of Vladimir Guerrero. The Dodgers chose Wilton over Vlad as well. Tons of boneheaded moves over the past few years. Hell they have given Darren Dreifort 55 million doallrs and he has made 23 starts or something like that over the past four years. Ugh, I don't even want to talk about it anymore.

A lot of these bonehead moves, especially involving second baseman(don't forget this year's gem of dumping Eric Karros and Mark Gruzalanisk to the Cubs for Todd Hunley), are residue from screwing up in letting Steve Sax leave as a free agent after the 1988 World Title:eek:
Also since FOX bought the team the club has let the Dodger Stadium bathrooms deteriorate and the usher staff become 4th rate. Also the FOX people have done a lousy job in personel evaluation.

I agree, Fox has ruined a once proud franchise mf52. What is even worse for me is living in the bay area and hearing the everyday *** kissing of the Giants. Ugh it makes me sick to know that they seem to always make the right moves and we always make the wrong ones.

I wasn't too upset about shipping Grudz but I was mad as hell about Karros leaving. I thought he didn't get a fare shake the last few years here since he was injured and once healthy could return to his old form. Well, lo and behold he has.

I am rooting for either the Marlins or Braves. I hate the Giants and it would be funny to me for the Cubs active streak of not winning a world series conitnued. Same with Boston.

If the Red Sox and CUbs make it to the World Series, it will end in a tie. Neither team should ever win another World Series imo, it goes against the plan. Sort of like the Arizona Cardinals going to the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom