Barry Jackson: Sports buzz: Analysts critique Dolphins; UM postscripts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson: Sports buzz: Analysts critique Dolphins; UM postscripts

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
For some national perspective on the Dolphins, we solicited views of prominent network analysts. Here’s some of the feedback:

### CBS’ Phil Simms would be surprised if the Dolphins win 10 games and contend for a wild card “because of what they’re up against in their division. But Miami can still be 9-7 and have a hell of a year.”

Simms was irritated when ESPN (Herm Edwards) ranked the Dolphins’ quarterback situation as the NFL’s worst. “What – are you crazy?” Simms said, rattling off the 49ers, Seahawks, and Redskins among those worse. Arizona’s “Kevin Kolb has the publicity, but Chad Henne is every bit as skilled or more skilled than a lot of guys. I’ve liked what I’ve seen of Henne this preseason. There are some physical things he looks like he’s doing better. He’s big, strong, has a powerful arm. With some other starting quarterbacks, I can’t say that.” And Simms predicts Mike Pouncey will be as good as his brother, Steelers center Maurkice.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ue-dolphins-um-postscripts.html#ixzz1XQqo0OBv

Throw in Carolina. Cam Newton hasn't shown squat so far and looked ordinary in the preseason. Potential doesn't count

Throw in Carolina. Cam Newton hasn't shown squat so far and looked ordinary in the preseason. Potential doesn't count
If Carolina makes the mistake of forcing Newton to play a Manning style of offense he will fail. They need to look no further then Pitt as an example of the correct scheme for Newton to run.

I personally am still a fan of the prototypical style of QB 6'4+ Strong Arm, Manning type Command and Charm. But its 2011 and if given the chance Newton can open the door for what a prototypical QB is.
IMO, he has the possibility to be better then Vick if in the right situation.

But back to the original point of my reply, Fins are definately not the worst QB situation in Football right now, but if Henne turns back to Pre 2011 Henne we can quickly compete with any team for the worst QB situation award.
Chubbs

Back
Top Bottom