Barthez leavin Man Utd. Howard to start | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barthez leavin Man Utd. Howard to start

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
Arsenal are keen to sign Man Utd stopper Fabien Barthez on a 1 year/£4 million deal. The French keeper was quoted as saying "I'm sick of the politics here in Manchester, it's no longer about football in this club, it's all about money. I will buy out my contract if needed, so the team can't get money from Arsenal by selling me.". Arsenal say they would be greatful if he signed for the club, "He's a great player, and a good guy" said Arsenal hitman Robert Pires. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: "He would be a top signing as we need a keeper".

The north London outfit started their preseason with a 1-0 loss to Peterborough at London Road, a game in which current no. 1 Stuart Taylor took a knock and needed to be carried off.

If the deal goes through Barthez would battle with Stuart Taylor for the number one shirt left behind by legendary David Seaman after 13 years in north london.

I haven't heard anything about that except from you. It isn't anywhere on soccernet. However, it would be fitting for Barthez to go to Arsenal seeing as half of their team seems to be French.

Back
Top Bottom