BCS Standings for Week 10 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS Standings for Week 10

So why are the ga*tors ranked #1 this year? :confused:

As much as I hate the Gators and think the SEC is overrated, let's not act like Tennessee and Georgia aren't competitive teams. And they still have to play South Carolina, FSU, and Alabama. It may not be the toughest schedule in the world, but it's tough enough. Certainly tougher than Boise's.

I just posted that to show that they do try to schedule tougher opponents.

Everyone says, "they need to schedule tougher opponents", like all they have to do is ask. Apparently, they've been asking.

It's kind of like Hawaii in 2007. They wanted to play Michigan in the first game, but Michigan wanted no part of them and played Appalachian State instead (we saw how that turned out). I think Michigan State dropped them too.

It's tough to play a hard schedule when no one will play you.

Same thing with the Gators dropping Miami "to play a more national schedule", and replaced them with Montana State.

Tough to play a hard schedule when no one will play you.

But they won't get the respect they think they deserve until they join a major conference.

This might be true, and it's unfortunate. A school in a non-automatic qualifying conference, even though they are technically in the same league as an automatic-qualifying conference school, will NEVER have a chance at the national championship under the current system.

Name another NCAA sport that is set up this way.

Cincy doesn't belong in the BCS.

:crazy:

Just as a quick last thought, I ran into this story of how BSU ended up playing VT.

Maybe they should try harder?

I've already explained this......

None of the "big dawgs" want to sleep with Boise........there is nothing to gain by winning the game....and everything to lose by losing it....

I guess all of the "BCS homers" could just look at our teams schedules for 2011 and see who still has an opening and speculate that it could've been us?

Alabama scheduled the #7 team in the country as their first game of the season this year from a BCS conference......beat them by 10....

Where'd that get us? When Florida was playing glorified high school teams at the time....

Don't blame the teams with everything to lose and nothing to gain by beating Boise....

...blame the system...

OR join a BCS conference...

Shut it, Hater. Boise State dominated Oregon who in turn dominated USC.

But it will never matter to BCS homers like you. I remember a month ago everyone was like "yeah, Boise st. dominated Oregon, but Oregon sux..."

Now Oregon is great but Boise State still gets no respect. That's fine. They'll have to prove (again) that deserve their ranking, while schools like Ohio St. and Oklahoma skate by on reputation alone.

what about oklahoma? theyre 5-3 and in the top 25 BCS is a joke

Having a big name carries a lot of weight. That's why FSU and Notre Dame are always in the top 25 to start the year no matter how bad they are. Again, it's just the system. Not much any of us can do about it. Money will dictate where the sport goes in the future. A playoff system isn't not implemented because the NCAA thinks it's unfair [wow that sentence had too many negatives]. It's all about money. ABC owns the Rose Bowl...I doubt they EVER want to join into a playoff system. It diminishes their game.

Back
Top Bottom