BCS Standings for Week 10 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS Standings for Week 10

I totally understand your dilemma. If I'm not mistaken, Boise State wanted a home and away with Florida? I could be wrong about that. That's going to be hard for a mid-major to get because UF isn't going to want to give away all the money that comes with that extra home game every year. Every big program, like USC, is probably going to say the same thing. It's a crappy situation, because Boise State isn't going to want to play out of conference and away from home for all those games, but if ya wanna play for a National Championship, then I don't know what else can be done.

I don't care about your stupid @ss excuses. Until Boise plays a consistently tough schedule, they don't deserve to be ranked high. USF, UCF, TCU, Louisville, and a bunch of other schools have all made the climb through consistently scheduling BCS schools, so you're "wah, wah, nobody wants to play with us" excuse is invalid. You guys don't have to play USC every year, but 2-3 pac-10 schools, 2-3 big 12 schools, and you guys would start getting respect. Oregon's a start, but you need much, much more.

Then why even have the FBS system? Apparently only 60 of the 120 teams will ever have a real chance at the national title. Why don't they just make the AQ teams a separate system, since they're the only ones that will ever meet your standards?

It's crap. Either give teams like TCU and Boise St. a realistic shot or make a playoff system.

Then why even have the FBS system? Apparently only 60 of the 120 teams will ever have a real chance at the national title. Why don't they just make the AQ teams a separate system, since they're the only ones that will ever meet your standards?

It's crap. Either give teams like TCU and Boise St. a realistic shot or make a playoff system.

You're preaching to the choir man. I know it's not fair to Boise, it's not fair to a lot of teams, even ones in BCS conferences. All I'm saying is that playing a conference schedule in the BCS is tough. You can look at Iowa and say, well they only play one good team all year in Penn State. Well, ok, but they also have to play a tough Ohio State team, a tough Michigan team, heck even teams like Purdue, Wisconsin and Illinois will not go down without a fight. You simply don't see that in the mid-majors. It's a dog-fight every week, and it's tough to go undefeated or only lose one game. That's why Oregon is getting more respect than Boise, and a lot of other BCS squads will too.

I don't think the BCS gives a real national champion, and I think there should be a playoff system, but this is just the way it is right now. You need to earn a spot in that game.

I have a novel idea, instead of politics, bickering and banter deciding who plays in the National Championship game. I think college football should try this thing where they take the top 8 teams in the nation, set up this thing called a bracket, the #1 plays the #8, #2 play #7, #3 plays #6, and #4 plays #5. The winner than moves on. After 6 games you will have two teams left! And that will be how we decide the National Champion. They could call it a playoff. Wow I cant believe respected sports leagues have never thought of this....O wait.

The object of the BCS system is to keep BCS money in the BCS conferences, not to find an actual champion. Sportsmanship be damned.

The object of the BCS system is to keep BCS money in the BCS conferences, not to find an actual champion. Sportsmanship be damned.

That's the second objective. The first is to make a boatload of money - sportsmanship be damned. As I said earlier, there are BCS teams that are still being screwed. Look at USC and Texas last year. No fair shot at the title, yet similar records/resumes as the other guys.

Shut it, Hater. Boise State dominated Oregon who in turn dominated USC.

But it will never matter to BCS homers like you. I remember a month ago everyone was like "yeah, Boise st. dominated Oregon, but Oregon sux..."

Now Oregon is great but Boise State still gets no respect. That's fine. They'll have to prove (again) that deserve their ranking, while schools like Ohio St. and Oklahoma skate by on reputation alone.

I understand what you're getting at in this thread.....trust me I do....

But here's the thing....how the hell can you honestly say that Boise deserves a shot at the NC with that complete joke of a schedule over BCS teams that get beat up EVERY week in tough BCS conferences?

Vanderbilt is the worse team in the SEC....and they would probably have 1 loss with Boise's schedule.

Everyone in here knows that the BCS Bowls are about revenue....they invite who they want to play in their respective bowl games based on who they think is going to draw the most revenue...

Texas, Ohio St., Alabama, USC, etc..etc..etc.....don't care anymore about winning one of those useless BCS bowls than Boise does.....because they're still all just as meaningless as the Credit Union Bowl.....only one bowl game matters....and that's the one that decides the national champion...

I hate the current system.....I'd much rather have a playoff.....and so would the coaches....

But the current system is what it is....it doesn't reward going undefeated in joke conferences.....nor should it...

Even a Boise fan would have to admit that Oregon isn't the same team that took the field in week 1....not even close....I think Boise would lose by 2 touchdowns if they played Oregon now...

Just like Texas isn't the same team now that they were when they struggled against Wyoming at the beginning of the season....

Boise IS rewarded for their ONLY good win this season....that's why they're where they are in the BCS....but mid majors have a ceiling on how high they can go......because of their SCHEDULES and joke CONFERENCES.....what the hell else do you expect?

It's kinda like that health class you took in high school where they told you to "be careful who you sleep with...because you're sleeping with everyone that they've slept with"....etc...

This current system is no different....you're playing everyone that your opponent has played...

Teams from BCS conferences with everything to lose and nothing to gain don't want to sleep with Boise....:lol:......and you can't blame them.....

Teams like Oklahoma and Ohio St. skate by because they PLAY SOMEBODY every week....they play a lot of teams that legitimately have a shot at beating them.....how many of those type teams does Boise play?

Sorry dude...but a lone win over a team like Oregon in the first game of the season just doesn't convince BCS homers like me who has to watch their team scratch fight and claw every week against a physical beast in the SEC who goes 2 deep at every position....

College football and their whole poll system completely ****ing blows and should be laughed at by everyone. Its a ****ing joke.

Now, while I personally believe Bama is tough as hell, there are some teams that get totally ripped in this bs.

If you made me answer I would probably tell ya that Florida and Texas along with Bama are the best 3 teams, but I cant say that for certain. I think of all the teams that are getting **** on, TCU and Boise are legit as hell. Especially TCU.

I cant say for certain that those 3 teams would beat TCU or even Boise for that matter. Id like to see them try and do it on the ****ing field. Until then, why do the media and most fans seem to so arrogantly dismiss TCU and Boise as if there is no way in hell they could beat those teams?

In college hoop it isnt uncommon at all for a team like that who people "pretend" to think highly of and rank them accordingly(like TCU and Boise) to wind up playing and BEATING in the tournament the Uconns and UNCs of the world. Why the hell cant TCU and Boise really be as good as they are ranked, and in fact simply better than Florida?

Let em play.

College football blows.

On a side note, I feel pretty confident that Iowa and Cinci arent even one of the best 10 teams in the country. However, TCU and Boise I cant say for certain that they arent the best 2 teams in the country. Id like to see them play a couple more schools from the major conferences.

Actually Id just like to see them play in a ****ing tournament a.k.a a playoff and see if they beat Florida, Texas, Bama, and some of the others along the way. Boise and TCU might just wind up in the championship game. Whats wrong with that? Its amatures.

In the hoop smaller schools like Georgetown, Villanova, and some others wind up playing for the title. So why cant Texas Christian? How is that any different from the catholic school from Philly getting in the title game?

College football is all political bs that factors in reputation when it decides its champion. The champ isnt decided on the field, because the participants in the championship game are decided by a bunch of moron ****ing writers, coaches, and a few computers. How ****ing lame.

Where they rank you at the beginning of the season, is a factor in where you are ranked at the end of the season. And why the hell should where you are ranked at the beginning matter? Guess they were all right about USC, Ohio St, and Cinci huh. Its so gay.

And the human polls will surely never rank TCU and Boise past 4th or 5th to ensure they dont get enough points to be ranked 1 or 2 in the BCS. They will keep ranking them there no matter who wins and loses ahead of them the rest of the way. That way they know even if the computers rank them 1st, they wont get enough points in the BCS format to play for the title. Its just a crock of ****.

And the tournament talk blows too because they still dont get it. Most of the people who want a tournament want some bs like the top 8 ranked. Again with the RANKING. **** some dip****s ranking. Then the process is still POLITICAL and based on utter BS.

Whos to say the team these dip****s have ranked 9th or the one ranked 15th isnt really the best team in the country?

Rankings blow. WVU was ****ing ranked last week despite the fact they completely blow and hadnt beaten a team that was any better than a random set of kids I could round up in my neighborhood. Then they lost to a ****ty Auburn team. But, they were 6-1.....so they ranked them. Its such bs.

And anyone that tells me Oklahoma isnt one of the best 15 or so teams in the country just because they have 3 losses is a ****ing moron. Yea, they lost 3 games.....two by one ****ing point to a good BYU team and a good Miami team on the road. Then they lost by 3 to a Texas team that everyone seems to agree is one of the best 3 teams in the county. So how the **** does that mean Oklahoma isnt a top 15 team???? Plus you had em ranked in the top 5 when the season started. They lose 3 close games to teams all ranked fairly high so all of the sudden they barely get ranked themselves? Get real.

And no Im not measuring the team based on the QB getting injured. Im not saying, well their QB got hurt so they really arent that bad. Im saying their QB got hurt so Im ****ing eliminating him from the equasion. Im saying even with the backup QB, they are still a top 15 team and their play has proven it. If they had Bradford, thats a different discussion. But, they dont. You might want to argue they would be undefeated....maybe. But, they dont have him, so its irrelevant. All I can do is try and figure how good they are without him since he isnt there. Id say they are at least top 15 if not better.

And thats how the rankings should be done. Try and go beyond the record could ya please. Then you wouldnt have a ****ty WVU team that probably isnt a top 50 team ranked just because they were 6-1.

The problem still exists though.....where do you rank TCU and Boise. You cant sit there and tell me that there is no doubt they arent as good or better than Florida, Bama, and Texas. Those teams simply havent played enough real opponents to measure it with any accuracy. Now, if they had been squeeking by some of these **** teams they play, I would say **** em. But, they completely destroy their competition. TCU looks awfully impressive to me. They have power and speed. Id really like to see them play Florida. I think they could take em.

Too bad college football is a ****ing joke.

Just as a quick last thought, I ran into this story of how BSU ended up playing VT.

According to the Idaho Statesman, better teams won't play ball:

"WAC commissioner Karl Benson said Tuesday that several high-profile programs have turned down a chance to play a home game against Boise State in 2011. Boise State — with help from ESPN, Benson said — has been shopping for a game to fill out its 2011 schedule. Benson wasn't sure of the exact number of schools that had said no, but figured it was close to 10. The Broncos weren't asking for any games in Boise in return, he said.

"They're running into a situation where nobody will schedule them, nobody will take them," Benson said."

Quted article by Chadd Cripe, Idaho Statesman.

Maybe they should try harder?

Just as a quick last thought, I ran into this story of how BSU ended up playing VT.

Maybe they should try harder?

Why would these teams want to host Boise when they can continue to play total **** teams and pretend they have tough schedules.

For instance, Ohio St can play New Mexico St. like they did last week and continue to play the total **** teams that reside in the big 11. Then if they go undefeated, or sometimes even lose a game, play for the national title. Based mainly on the fact they are presented that opportunity EVERY YEAR by being ranked in the top 5 before games are even played.

:lol: And you want them to host a good team like Boise so they can get ****hammered by a superior opponent and not hide behind their reputation and hope to squeek out wins vs a VERY SOFT Big 11 schedule and let everyone pretend that conference is so superior to the MWC.

Get real. Thats like asking a bank robber that you never have any hopes of catching to turn himself in.

Not a bad point at all. Why schedule a game that you're going to lose 4 out of 10 times and worsen your chances of a National Championship game right off the bat.

These are such absurd, absurd arguments.

Why did Miami play Oklahoma, and USF this year?

Why did Va Tech play Alabama and Nebraska this year, and Boise next year?

Let's not act like we should feel bad for a team that got turned down by 10 different schools. College football is a business. If the school can make money by scheduling you, they'll do it. Boise's already scheduled Oregon and Va Tech, so please, let's not act like it's impossible for them to schedule some teams. I'm sure they could schedule Washington/Washington St., Colorado, Arizona/Arizona St., or even teams that are trying to make a name for themselves too, like Kansas. That's all Boise has to do. Schedule one big name opponent, and several middle of the road teams. That's a heck of a lot more than they're doing now.

But they won't get the respect they think they deserve until they join a major conference.

Oh my god, what a thought! Welcome to what the rest of the BCS has to go through, playing tough conference schedules week in and week out. Boise will never be ranked high as long as they only play one competitive game per year. Those Oregon wins do not count as Boise State wins, no matter how hard you try.

So why are the ga*tors ranked #1 this year? :confused:

These are such absurd, absurd arguments.

Why did Miami play Oklahoma, and USF this year?

Why did Va Tech play Alabama and Nebraska this year, and Boise next year?

Let's not act like we should feel bad for a team that got turned down by 10 different schools. College football is a business. If the school can make money by scheduling you, they'll do it. Boise's already scheduled Oregon and Va Tech, so please, let's not act like it's impossible for them to schedule some teams. I'm sure they could schedule Washington/Washington St., Colorado, Arizona/Arizona St., or even teams that are trying to make a name for themselves too, like Kansas. That's all Boise has to do. Schedule one big name opponent, and several middle of the road teams. That's a heck of a lot more than they're doing now.

But they won't get the respect they think they deserve until they join a major conference.

I just posted that to show that they do try to schedule tougher opponents.

Everyone says, "they need to schedule tougher opponents", like all they have to do is ask. Apparently, they've been asking.

Back
Top Bottom