18 Penn State 8-2
19 Oklahoma State 7-2
20 Wisconsin 7-2
21 Virginia Tech 6-3
22 Brigham Young 7-2
23 Oregon State 6-3
24 South Florida 6-2
25 West Virginia

I hate looking at these rankings..6 undefeated teams... some one is going to get screwed

Weird....LSU moved up one after losing to BAMA..

LSU's living off of history right now. Doesn't make sense for a team to lose and move up, particularly a top 10 team. But I guess that's what happens when you carry the label of an SEC team. LSU has done nothing to earn that spot. The next 4 2-loss teams under them have all proven a great deal more on the field than they have.

But anyway, it's gonna be good to see Florida and Alabama in the SEC title game. Looks like there will be a 3-team playoff this year, with Texas getting a first round bye.

LSU moved up b/c of the oregon and iowa losses. it helps them that their losses were to the #1 and #2 ranked teams in the country - where oregon and iowa basically lost to nobodies. not defending them - just sayin.

Well, damn, we should just schedule the top 10 teams for our schedule. We'll be BCS eligible, even if we aren't bowl-eligible.

then join the SEC. :lol:

And hence, the argument runs circular.

LSU has done nothing to earn their ranking, yet because their in the SEC they 'deserve' that ranking. And around, and around we go.

Florida has beaten one ranked opponent so far. ONE. So before you get in your high and mighty SEC chair, just think about that. And it looks like you can get to the championship game by beating two ranked opponents. Sounds like a scary conference to me.

LSU has done nothing to earn their ranking, yet because their in the SEC they 'deserve' that ranking. And around, and around we go.

Florida has beaten one ranked opponent so far. ONE. So before you get in your high and mighty SEC chair, just think about that. And it looks like you can get to the championship game by beating two ranked opponents. Sounds like a scary conference to me.

Thank you! I am almost positive that if Cincy or TCU face Florida, Bama or Texas, they would put an whippin on them. God forbid one of these teams make the national championship. They are going to be so tired of hearing that SEC crap that they will make an example of the team they face in the BCS Championship.

i never said they 'deserved' that ranking - i said they didn't drop b/c they got beat by the #1 and #2 teams in the country. how is that circular?

we get it. you hate florida and the SEC.

the SEC is 'off' this year. perennial powerhouses like tennessee, georgia, auburn - and i guess i'll include south carolina and ole miss - are having a bad year. not my fault.

don't act like the SEC isn't the best conference year in and year out. even during an off year it's still the best conference in college football. miami and FSU will be back in the thick of things before long - so gargling on the ACC's splooge will taste good again soon enough.

i never said they 'deserved' that ranking - i said they didn't drop b/c they got beat by the #1 and #2 teams in the country. how is that circular?

we get it. you hate florida and the SEC.

the SEC is 'off' this year. perennial powerhouses like tennessee, georgia, auburn - and i guess i'll include south carolina and ole miss - are having a bad year. not my fault.

don't act like the SEC isn't the best conference year in and year out. even during an off year it's still the best conference in college football. miami and FSU will be back in the thick of things before long - so gargling on the ACC's splooge will taste good again soon enough.

It's circular because all they have to do is play each other and they'll still be ranked high. You essentially approved of LSU being ranked that high when you said "well join the SEC then". I know you were just trying to be funny, but you have to realize what it means when you say that, and it runs you into a circle.

You apparently don't get it. I didn't bring up the SEC, you did. I started a thread about conference rankings, and gave the SEC the top spot, despite their struggles this year and last (top to bottom, of course). Apparently, even I overrated them. Ole Miss isn't the team I thought they were, so that leaves UF and Bama as the only good programs there. And yeah, Auburn and Tennessee have been world-beaters lately. :rolleyes2: I said that I think the ACC is going to be the best conference top to bottom in the next couple of years, but I think it's going to be quicker. I think it's very arguable to say we're better now, but I'll just go along with public perception for now. Next year, I think we'll be better.

And by the way - Miami's already back in the thick of things. If we had Florida's schedule, we'd be sitting pretty at #1 right now. I don't think we'd beat Alabama in the SECCG, but I do think we would have rolled through their schedule to date.

[/b]

Thank you! I am almost positive that if Cincy or TCU face Florida, Bama or Texas, they would put an whippin on them. God forbid one of these teams make the national championship. They are going to be so tired of hearing that SEC crap that they will make an example of the team they face in the BCS Championship.

I don't know about all that.....

It's circular because all they have to do is play each other and they'll still be ranked high. You essentially approved of LSU being ranked that high when you said "well join the SEC then". I know you were just trying to be funny, but you have to realize what it means when you say that, and it runs you into a circle.

You apparently don't get it. I didn't bring up the SEC, you did. I started a thread about conference rankings, and gave the SEC the top spot, despite their struggles this year and last (top to bottom, of course). Apparently, even I overrated them. Ole Miss isn't the team I thought they were, so that leaves UF and Bama as the only good programs there. And yeah, Auburn and Tennessee have been world-beaters lately. :rolleyes2: I said that I think the ACC is going to be the best conference top to bottom in the next couple of years, but I think it's going to be quicker. I think it's very arguable to say we're better now, but I'll just go along with public perception for now. Next year, I think we'll be better.

And by the way - Miami's already back in the thick of things. If we had Florida's schedule, we'd be sitting pretty at #1 right now. I don't think we'd beat Alabama in the SECCG, but I do think we would have rolled through their schedule to date.

whatever you say, chief. this debate won't go anywhere b/c i know - based on all of your posts - that you won't be swayed one way or the other. it's not mass delusion that everyone thinks the SEC is the best conference in football - you do realize that everyone on the planet isn't an SEC fan, right? the SEC has been the undisputed champion of college football since FSU and miami fell off the map, so to speak. and they'll be back soon enough - like i said - and we can actually have this debate again once it makes sense like it used to.

and as far as you guys being ranked #1 with our schedule - ugh. you guys losing to clemson completely disregards any amount of sanity that statement actually has. LSU, tennessee, and arkansas would have given you guys fits. you guys just aren't there yet. we'll come back to this once we hold FSU to like 13 points after you guys gave up 34 - being that they're the only team that both of us play. your defense is only a glimmer of what it used to be - if that. that's why florida has all the players that will be drafted early and often - and you guys don't.

the schedule thing has been done to death. yeah, b/c the SEC is relatively 'soft' this year - that makes the florida schedule soft. whatever. and i would've loved to have auburn, ole miss, and miami on there - like we usually do - but it didn't work out like that this year. so be it. i can't do anything about that.

I hate looking at these rankings..6 undefeated teams... some one is going to get screwed
if you mean Boise State i would have to disagree completly they play in the wac and the Wac is terrible they ussaly only play 1 or 2 good teams a year at the most

Back
Top Bottom