BCS Stupidity Turns Pro! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS Stupidity Turns Pro!

baracuda

Practice Squad
Reaction score
In my tribute to the Bowl "Championship" Series, allow me to translate this farce of a system and compare it to the NFL...

And not that anyone cares what I think, but I hope USC beats Michigan 77-0, and Oklahoma and LSU play to a 0-0 five overtime tie. And can anyone seriously get excited about seeing Miami and FSU play in the Orange Bowl....again? Talk about a scrimmage among friends. Neither team will even care.

In the AFC we have the following:

1. Miami - The Dolphins get home field throughout the playoffs, even if they lose their final three games and finish 8-8. That's based on their strength of schedule, and the snowballs in Gillette stadium causing a kink in their computer rating.
2. Tennessee - Even though they've lost to Indy twice, the Titans get the 2nd seed, because they beat the Dolphins, and their strength of schedule was better then the Chiefs. And also, the computer likes Jeff Fischer as a coach better then it does Tony Dungy.
3. Cincinnati - They win their division, and get the 3rd seed because they beat Baltimore earlier this year, and because this is what the media wants - a Cinderella story. Oh yeah, and the computers actually had them ranked 2nd, but their losses brought them down a few points.
4. Kansas City - Even though they ran off nine straight wins, they get the 4th seed because Cincinnati beat them, and the computers put them here as well. Oh yeah, and since they hosted the Big 12 Championship game, this is a residual pick because they couldn't go any higher due to previous years participation in the Outback Igloo Bowl that takes place in Anchorage, Alaska every March 1st.
5. Indy - Yeah, they get in by squeaking out a loss over Jacksonville. They win the tiebreaker over the Ravens and Patriots based on losses to lesser opponents not in contention for a title.
6. Baltimore - The computer just likes their uniforms better then they do the Patriots.

Left out this year - New England and Denver. The computer says so.

And in the NFC we break it down as follows:

1. Dallas - because they are America's team, and the computer's have them permanently fixed at #1. So what if they will only finish 8-8.
2. Seattle - Big wins over Arizona, coupled by close losses to Minnesota made this an easy selection. Plus, they will draw more fans to away games.
3. San Francisco - Being that they will host a home game first they have the biggest chance of winning. And the computer predicts they will lose on the road for the 9th straight time, so it's a perfect fit here.
4. Tampa Bay - Previous years champion is automatically guaranteed a division title. So what if they can't win two straight. It doesn't matter.
5. Philly - They lose any tiebreakers with Tampa - therefore demoting them to the next highest seed, behind Tampa Bay.
6. Minnesota - The only team from the NFC North to make the post season. They don't qualify for any seed higher then four, because of a strength of schedule error.

Left out this year - Carolina, Green Bay, and St. Louis. Carolina could have gone undefeated, but they will never qualify for the pro version of the BCS, because they play in an inferior division of an inferior conference. At least according to Dan Snyder, current President of the Pro BCS system.

I seriously never cared what the BCS had till this one(because I like FSU, they got a good bowl, so who cared?). LSU? The same LSU that was a nobody last year, (at least not National Championship Contender) that's most remembered highlight was when the guy caught the ball that bounced off a couple of defenders in the last seconds? And this was against Kentucky. USC was good last year, and better this year. USC would crush LSU. USC would give OU a run for their money. LSU is going to get bumbled by OU.

I agree about Miami playing FSU. Who cares? It gets annoying hearing everytime about Wide Left and Wide Right. I rather playing the choking Wolverines.

This is my view.

I would try to see things from your view, but I can't stick my head that far up my @ss.

LSU IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY. I wish to God that we were playing usc instead of OU so we could show all you trojan lovers how good LSU is!!!

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
I would try to see things from your view, but I can't stick my head that far up my @ss.

LSU IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY. I wish to God that we were playing usc instead of OU so we could show all you trojan lovers how good LSU is!!!

You're not the least bit homer? They play well, don't get me wrong, but your team doesn't seem to be as superior as you like to think it is.

You know I was kidding about the "view from the @ss" thing.

No, I'm not being homer. I have blasted my Tigers in the past for choking in big games. Last year they were severely overrated.

This year, they are a team on a mission. Saban is coaching like Billicheck. Our defense stops everyone cold. Our o-line is the best, and as a whole core I can't think of a better group of recievers. And it's not just talent, they play so well. They went through the tough SEC 12-1, and beat the #5 team in the country twice.
LSU is that good.

When Oklahoma beats LSU, will you finally admit LSU isn't the best team in College Football in the country? They aren't even #2 but #3?

:)

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
You know I was kidding about the "view from the @ss" thing.

No, I'm not being homer. I have blasted my Tigers in the past for choking in big games. Last year they were severely overrated.

This year, they are a team on a mission. Saban is coaching like Billicheck. Our defense stops everyone cold. Our o-line is the best, and as a whole core I can't think of a better group of recievers. And it's not just talent, they play so well. They went through the tough SEC 12-1, and beat the #5 team in the country twice.
LSU is that good.

It's smack, I don't care if you say that.

Saban is definitely coaching well. Your Defense is good not great. O-line is good, and as a core your WR are good. They represent the SEC. They're a great team. They just are #3 in my mind.

If OU wins, yes, I'll admit it. But it ain't gonna happen.

When LSU beats OU, will you finally admit that LSU is the best? Because I think Michigan is going to beat usc.

How can you say the LSU defense is not great? They have shut down good offenses and they are the #1 scoring defense in America.

usc gave up 28 points to Oregon State!

Take notice in the ESPN poll that USC is the best team in the nation, as noted in the AP poll & the ESPN poll. The real championship game is the Rose Bowl, USC v Michigan.

GO Tigers...LSU is #1 and there is no question about that.

Back
Top Bottom