Bears matched Bills offer to Idonije | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears matched Bills offer to Idonije

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Bills | Chicago matches offer sheet for Idonije
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:34:45 -0800

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports the Chicago Bears matched the four-year offer sheet that restricted free agent DL Israel Idonije (Bears) signed with the Buffalo Bills.

Ace88 said:
Bills | Chicago matches offer sheet for Idonije
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:34:45 -0800

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports the Chicago Bears matched the four-year offer sheet that restricted free agent DL Israel Idonije (Bears) signed with the Buffalo Bills.

SteeeeeeeeRIKE 2!

How is missing out of Restricted Free Agents striking out? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Not like there's much you can do without pulling a Minnesota.

Crisis said:
How is missing out of Restricted Free Agents striking out? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Not like there's much you can do without pulling a Minnesota.
Obviously, your team had enough interest in this player to not only offer a contract they'd hoped Chicago wouldn't match - but to compensate the Bears when they refused to match the offer with a Draft pick as well.

Only Chicago decided, ....No.

Strike 2.

Pigskin Pimp said:
Obviously, your team had enough interest in this player to not only offer a contract they'd hoped Chicago wouldn't match - but to compensate the Bears when they refused to match the offer with a Draft pick as well.

Strike 2.

Actually, he wouldnt have cost the Bills anything in compensation since he wasnt drafted by the Bears.

So they matched his contract... big whoop. We move on.

Pigskin Pimp said:

Strike 2.

Bears would get no compensation.

Nublar7 said:
Another offer sheet by the Bills matched. :lol: Strike 2!

Help me out here, I have a hard time understanding why its so funny. :confused2

Y'all are nuts. I bet none of you heard of him before we made him an offer. I know I didnt....

HiOctaneBills said:
Y'all are nuts. I bet none of you heard of him before we made him an offer. I know I didnt....

He's right, I haven't ever heard of that guy....but the Bills are doing hardly anything to help this this offseason.

Back
Top Bottom