"Because Gus knows the system" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Because Gus knows the system"

welderpat said:
Gus knows the system thats why he's starting right?
Screw Gus screw the "system"
Sage came in unexpectadly and moved the ball almost at will on a good Bill's defense.
What could he do if he started the rest of the season?

Sorry I'll have to go with the paid pro's decision over mine or any fans opinion about this.

My bad so we just throw to him on every fourth down now lol. Damn Lineman has no clue when it comes to goal line playcalling.

welderpat said:
Gus knows the system thats why he's starting right?
Screw Gus screw the "system"
Sage came in unexpectadly and moved the ball almost at will on a good Bill's defense.
What could he do if he started the rest of the season?
And I'm sure you felt that way after the Browns game, right?... :lol:

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:
And I'm sure you felt that way after the Browns game, right?... :lol:

Ozzy rules!!

Yes...when both QB's and the team played one of the worst games as Dolphins.

Ok we all know Sage played bad versus Browns and we lost. Gus played not as bad versus Bills but still pretty bad and we basically had a worse result going on versus the Bills. Even when we played the Browns they never really entrenched Sage as the starter. Not saying either QB is our savior or even a good starter but if we are going to continually bring up Browns game then we have to look at this weeks game just as objectively instead of saying Sage had it easy down by 20 points. This game could have easily got real ugly.

Sage himself said in Sun-sentinel article that he plays better in the hurry up b/c the game is simpler. "You don't have to worry about the S blitz", was an example he gave. You also spend most of the time in the shotgun (b/c the running game is an afterthought) which gives the QB more time to survey the simpler D. For fans to assume that Sage could play as well as a starter without these advantages seems naive.

rafael said:
Sage himself said in Sun-sentinel article that he plays better in the hurry up b/c the game is simpler. "You don't have to worry about the S blitz", was an example he gave. You also spend most of the time in the shotgun (b/c the running game is an afterthought) which gives the QB more time to survey the simpler D. For fans to assume that Sage could play as well as a starter without these advantages seems naive.

Here's a shock...you can run out of the shotgun. Ask Thurman Thomas.

Yes, Frerotte has had a much longer leash than many qbs simply because he knows the offensive system Saban via Linehan is installing. This is a new offense to most of the Dolphins and there is value to having a "coach on the field" while everyone is internalizing the new system.

fishypete said:
Here's a shock...you can run out of the shotgun. Ask Thurman Thomas.

That's why I said "afterthought" not "impossibility". How many handoffs did we have during Sunday's comeback again?

Back
Top Bottom