"Being a realist" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Being a realist"

Gilo45

Thank you Chad P!
Reaction score
Doesn't mean you have to critisize everything thats ever happened. The team is going in the right direction. Accept it. Yes we sucked it up big time today, and no thats not something we should be happy with. But it doesn't mean the whole organisation is a mess. Some of you guys must have a short memory, remember 1-15?

So yeah, chill out. Hopefully we beat the god damn steelers, and somehow fight and make it. Get behind the team. :up:

And being a "real fan" doesn't mean that there aren't any problems that won't require major changes to fix.

I have a question for all you pollyanna fans who are whistling right now as the Fins season was laid to rest....

Would you rather us who care deeply enough to criticize just not care? Should we say nothing, and not watch the games, not spend our money to go to these games, and just become "casual" fans?

Or do you "fan police" just want to have a poster designated that will censure all the posts that you guys don't agree with? Just curious.

I never mentioned anything about "real fans"

Everyone is welcome to there own opinions, but when people draw up crap like "get rid of Sparano, Parcells" or say that Pat White sucks before actually watching him play, I really dont get the point of it. Then there's just the pointless abuse, saying "oh, Henne f***ing sucks" about everything for example. You might as well buy a jets jersey.

At least make a valid point, not just another shot at the team. again.

I never mentioned anything about "real fans"

Everyone is welcome to there own opinions, but when people draw up crap like "get rid of Sparano, Parcells" or say that Pat White sucks before actually watching him play, I really dont get the point of it. Then there's just the pointless abuse, saying "oh, Henne f***ing sucks" about everything for example. You might as well buy a jets jersey.

At least make a valid point, not just another shot at the team. again.

I've seen Pat White play. He sucks.

Just because you don't understand something, or like a particular player that other people don't like, it doesn't make you somehow superior to them. The opposite also applies.

Maybe you should go buy a Jets jersey because you can't support other Dolphins fans who may not agree with you.

And saying someone sucks may be a completely valid point...Like say Beck for instance. Just because someone doesn't expound on the point doesn't mean they are wrong.

This isn't a Mensa meeting. It's a messageboard for an NFL football team. If you want profound theoretical observations maybe you can pick up a Yoko Ono album or something.

a true "realist" wouldn't have THAT much to complain about with this team. Considering our ridiculous schedule and the injuries (starting QB, RB, C, NT, #1 CB) we've had this season, we had no business even being in the playoff discussion this late in the season.

A true "realist" would realize this team is one more good draft, free agency, and injury free season away from competing for the superbowl.

A true "realist" would have been foolish to have superbowl hopes this season. Last season, as fun as it was, was a tease. We played the easiest schedule in the league.

A true "realist" will realize that the triplets (Parcells, Ireland, Sparano) have a 3 year plan in effect, and next season is when we officially enter the upper tier in this league.

A true "realist" laughs at posters like geauxxfinns, realizing that fans like that will always have the 1/2 empty perception of this team.

I think 95% of the people who are making the "Fire Sparano" threads are just pissed off that we blew another winnable game.....you got to sleep on it a few days and just realize that we are not quite there yet as a team. You can always look back at all the close games we lost and say we coulda/shoulda won it, but you have to play a smart 60 minutes. Nothing was worse then the 1-15 season. I think there are a lot of positives and we are moving in the right direction. We just have to add some guys who will put us on top, and get rid of some guys (Gebril Wilson) who seem to just be around collecting a big paycheck and not doing much for the team.

We didn't deserve to win today. The defense was terrible in the first half. We did mount a decent comeback, but the refs had their heads up their ***** because those two calls were INSANE!! Especially calling back the Ginn touchdown. I think everyone in the bar I was at agreed that it was a bull**** call, even dolphin haters. One thing as a fan though, I like the team being down and launching come backs rather than seeing us blow 30 point leads ala Dan Marino days. At least we know Henne can mount comebacks.

a true "realist" wouldn't have THAT much to complain about with this team. Considering our ridiculous schedule and the injuries (starting QB, RB, C, NT, #1 CB) we've had this season, we had no business even being in the playoff discussion this late in the season.

A true "realist" would realize this team is one more good draft, free agency, and injury free season away from competing for the superbowl.

A true "realist" would have been foolish to have superbowl hopes this season. Last season, as fun as it was, was a tease. We played the easiest schedule in the league.

A true "realist" will realize that the triplets (Parcells, Ireland, Sparano) have a 3 year plan in effect, and next season is when we officially enter the upper tier in this league.

A true "realist" laughs at posters like geauxxfinns, realizing that fans like that will always have the 1/2 empty perception of this team.

I am a true "realist" and I can tell you for a fact, that your whole line of reasoning is BS.

Your first point about the injuries....we didn't have all those injuries in the first three games. Yet we were 0-3. Anyone but a true pollyanna would know that.

We had the Saints beat...we let them off the hook. Injuries and all. Anyone but a true denialist knows thats a fact. The Bucs did today in NO what we could not do in Miami.

We had a complete meltdown in Buffalo. Lost to the BILLS! R U ****ing kidding me? Only a complete and utter moronic pollyanna would excuse that.

Finally, Super Bowl never even entered the conversation. Any true realist knows that you first must make the playoffs and win ONE of those games before the SB is even on the Horizon.

However, let me help you out with your math. Today, we sit at 7-8. If we even win 1 of those first three (and we had our chances, truly and really) we would today be at 8-7. If we had done that AND finished out NO, that would make us 9-6. If we had done those things AND beaten Buffalo, we would be 10-5, a playoff spot guaranteed and resting players next week.

But any realist knows we didn't do that. We are 7-8. And a true realist knows we are what our record says we are....substandard. (Unless of course, to you pollyannas, 7-8 is good to go).

So, just so you are clear, all us true realists want is for us to win the games we should win. Make the plays necessary in close games (Indy, SD, NO, Buffalo) and win those games.

The difference between us and you all (or more simply, me and you) to me, losing is not ok. To you it is. Thats what separates us.

I think 95% of the people who are making the "Fire Sparano" threads are just pissed off that we blew another winnable game.....you got to sleep on it a few days and just realize that we are not quite there yet as a team. You can always look back at all the close games we lost and say we coulda/shoulda won it, but you have to play a smart 60 minutes. Nothing was worse then the 1-15 season. I think there are a lot of positives and we are moving in the right direction. We just have to add some guys who will put us on top, and get rid of some guys (Gebril Wilson) who seem to just be around collecting a big paycheck and not doing much for the team.

You make an interesting point, Roman.

First though, let me assure you, a few days sleep will not change my mind on Sparano. I didn't come to the conclusion today or last week. I think (and have for a long time) that he is in over his head. Way over. Hes not smart enough (IMO) to be a head coach in this league. He will not cut it. So I think its best for us to cut ties with him sooner than later.

However, you bring up the misery of the 1-15 team. Although alot of the excuses I hear are the same reasons we lost all of those games. Young QB, injuries, bad luck after bad luck.

I do think though, that we are closer to that team (maybe not 1-15, but surely the 6-10 or 4-12 team) than we are to the Colts, Vikings, and Saints.

Next year, we are going to need two starting OLBs, something we didnt' need this year.

We are going to need two ILBs, something we did need last year but STILL couldnt' fill. We are going to need two Safeties, something we thought we had fixed last year. Remember the statement by Bell that said he and Wilson would be the best S tandem in the league? Seems absurd now, but back then, we were like "wow--good stuff".

We need a punt returner. Big Time. Bess is not the answer.

We need a #1 WR. We need a playmaking TE. We could use an upgrade at RT. Carey is not good enough for this team to make a serious playoff run.

We need another quality NT.

Langford and Merling are just ok. Nothing more than that. So we could use an upgrade at DE as well.

Bottom line...we have ALOT of needs. All over the place. We have a FO that doesn't spend big in FA, so its basically going to get done in the draft, which makes me uneasy.

We blew a second round pick on Pat White. We blew a third round pick on Patrick Turner. We are NOT going to fill all of our needs by blowing second and third round picks.

The good news is...we have so many needs, we have the luxury of simply picking the best player available in the first three rounds. Trade back whenever possible and pick off your player/value chart. Any good player we get will see major playing time next year.

The bad news is...we have so many needs, we cannot fill them all in two good drafts. So that means we are looking at 2012 before having a realistic shot at the AFC.

And that, IMO, mostly bad news.

your comment about being one good draft and FA period away from being a SB contender is both predictable and ridiculous IMO. this team has too many holes to fill in one offseason, not to mention a starting qb who wont even have 16 career starts under his belt goin into next year. thats bein real.

My opinion of Sparano's over all body of work this season won't change after I've had a hundred hours of sleep.

+1 for Fan police comment. :hump:

Being a realist sucks.

I had this team at 8-8 or 7-9 before the season started. I had them losing to the Texans this week because i could not forsee any way in which we could stop that offense, and we didn't.

So why am i so angry that i was so dead on? Because the way we do everything is NOT predictable and is NOT realism. We could have beaten several teams this year with INTELLIGENT coaching, or by simply TACKLING. Look at all the close loses. I mean we're there, or at least we could be.

I too said 7-9 or 8-8 for this season. It was blatantly obvious to me the offense had no big play capabilities for the most part, and I also knew we had no coverage ability with the lb's and safeties. Not to mention, we better start stockpiling some pass rush talent at olb, or this team might get even worse next year.

Give me a break. This team is going in the right direction? They've struggled to beat teams like the Bucs and lost to an inferior Buffalo team. The tackling and turnovers have gotten MUCH worse from last season. The playcalling is absolutely atrocious on both sides of the ball. The FA signings such as Gibril Wilson and Ernest Wilford scream of ineptitude. Right direction? Don't talk about right direction. You kiddin me? Right direction? I just hope we can win a game.

Give me a break. This team is going in the right direction? They've struggled to beat teams like the Bucs and lost to an inferior Buffalo team. The tackling and turnovers have gotten MUCH worse from last season. The playcalling is absolutely atrocious on both sides of the ball. The FA signings such as Gibril Wilson and Ernest Wilford scream of ineptitude. Right direction? Don't talk about right direction. You kiddin me? Right direction? I just hope we can win a game.

We had the toughest schedule of any NFL team in the past 15 years.....so playing .500 ball is pretty damn good, especially after an 0-3 start. I think you guys expect a little too much out of a team with a QB who is in his first year. We are heading in the right direction, and no I am not kidding.

Back
Top Bottom