"Being a realist" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Being a realist"

Last year we caught nearly every break and got every bouce of the ball. This year year we had the NFL hardest schedule and took some of the best teams down to the wire. We also have shown we can correct things at halftime since midseason, I never thought we would comeback and do what we did these past 2 weeks. Hell with the talent we lack and the injuries we suffered I don't know how we compete in this league. With retarded play calling + lack of talent + injuries + hardest schedule + lack of talent, we are doing a pretty good job. I'll take this over 9-7 and 6-10 saban.

I've seen Pat White play. He sucks.

Just because you don't understand something, or like a particular player that other people don't like, it doesn't make you somehow superior to them. The opposite also applies.

Maybe you should go buy a Jets jersey because you can't support other Dolphins fans who may not agree with you.

And saying someone sucks may be a completely valid point...Like say Beck for instance. Just because someone doesn't expound on the point doesn't mean they are wrong.

This isn't a Mensa meeting. It's a messageboard for an NFL football team. If you want profound theoretical observations maybe you can pick up a Yoko Ono album or something.

:lol: :lol2:
Now that's funny! Seriously laughed out loud when I read the final sentence hahaha. I completely agree with you but the thread poster does have a few points, some fans are obviously ignorant and have very little football knowledge, call for players' heads way to quickly, and can be extremely negative about anything & everything. And I do agree that we have been going in the right direction compared to previous season during the wanny, saban & cam era, but we are still extreme underachievers. When we get some momentum & and energy, we play ****ing great! Just look at portions of any game especially against the colts & saints. Key word being PORTIONS! Consistency is a major problem with this team. If we can play consistent, 60 minute, hard, determined football we can compete with & beat anyone in the league.

So much for this season though, ugly way to go out...

What happened?

You people act like Miami went down 27-0 by halftime to another 7-7 team that all the pom-pom waving "thought police" and "real fans" educated us "Texan fans" on all week on how Houston, Shaub, their offensive line and passing attack couldn't stack up to the Colts, Saints, etc..etc.....

"If Houston is so much better than Miami, then why did they get swept by the Jags"....yada yada...

Funny how "hatin on the team" by pointing out the obvious leading up to the game all week always turns into excuse making by the #1 know nothing fanboy cheerleaders by Sunday evening after it all came to fruition...

Better to be exposed as a realist with at least a grain of some sort of football knowledge that knows his team inside and out...as opposed to a peppermint patty...pom-pom waving...mini skirt wearing...message board clutz that wouldn't know a football if Bill Parcells himself personally crammed it up their *** sideways laces first...

We had the toughest schedule of any NFL team in the past 15 years.....so playing .500 ball is pretty damn good, especially after an 0-3 start. I think you guys expect a little too much out of a team with a QB who is in his first year. We are heading in the right direction, and no I am not kidding.

You completely ignored the part of my post where I said we lost to a pathetic Buffalo squad and barely beat Tampa Bay. Stop with the excuses. This team barely beat the Rams, Seahawks, Raiders, etc. last season, and lost to a Buffalo team that looked like a door mat before that game. Hardly asking too much to beat these teams.

Agreed, it's time to put this season behind us, play our best against Pittsburgh and hopefully eliminate them and look forward to the offseason regarding our team. Personally, I am excited for the playoffs... just wish we could've been a part of it.

You completely ignored the part of my post where I said we lost to a pathetic Buffalo squad and barely beat Tampa Bay. Stop with the excuses. This team barely beat the Rams, Seahawks, Raiders, etc. last season, and lost to a Buffalo team that looked like a door mat before that game. Hardly asking too much to beat these teams.

you ever got anything good to say? always got to look at the negatives and say somethin negative? jc man..WOW we lost to the bills and barely beat TB..TB beat green bay and new orleans both good playoff football teams..cincy lost to oakland, pittsburgh lost to oak and KC..so whats your point?..s**t happens bro its the NFL, anything can happen on any giving sunday. You act like our team should blow out opponents every week and anything less is a failure.

This is my attempt at being a realist. Obviously it won't be appreciated:

* Henne is a coach killer

* Our stadium lends itself to home flops like this. I doubt we'll ever win anything of consequence in that venue.

The OP has an avatar of Henne. The long delivery is in full view. The more I look at Henne the more it reminds me of Butch Davis' situation with Tim Couch about 7 or 8 years ago. Couch had awful mechanics and was poor when a play broke down. But since he had a good college resume and some sparks in the NFL, many evaluators thought Couch was a wise investment and would eventually pan out. I was not one of them. I wouldn't have taken Couch in any round.

With Henne it's the opposite. I loved him at Michigan. I was wrong. In an increasingly pass happy league you can't afford to settle for glaring deficiencies like Henne displays. He buckles in the pocket, and the crank up delivery lends itself to erratic throws and forfeiture of vital tenths of a second during the translation from decision to release.

He'd be a great backup type. But if we pretend he's the answer and don't seriously look for an alternative, and I mean immediately, I think Sparano -- like Butch Davis -- is betting his career on a QB who is destined not to pan out.

Wasting the final time out was another black mark for Henne, although I haven't seen it emphasized here. The math totally changes if we had that time out, allowing more than a minute instead of 20 seconds, if we could have stopped Houston on the final drive. You have to grasp the value of that time out, particularly when the clock is already stopped.

If a guy has question marks physically, the mental side needs to be ultra sharp and IMO Henne hasn't shown that.

I've seen Pat White play. He sucks.

Just because you don't understand something, or like a particular player that other people don't like, it doesn't make you somehow superior to them. The opposite also applies.

Maybe you should go buy a Jets jersey because you can't support other Dolphins fans who may not agree with you.

And saying someone sucks may be a completely valid point...Like say Beck for instance. Just because someone doesn't expound on the point doesn't mean they are wrong.

This isn't a Mensa meeting. It's a messageboard for an NFL football team. If you want profound theoretical observations maybe you can pick up a Yoko Ono album or something.

Yoko Ono??????????? Yikes! I'll take Mensa and a good QB instead.

All to often this season the play of the Defense has handcuffed the offense... and the team payed for it in the win column ... 2x's Henne throw 50+ times in a game because the team was behind!!! if the defense makes a few more tackles they would have won the Colts game and would've had a BETTER chance to win in Atlanta and against Houston!!! i still love the direction the team is headed in ... but this will be a season I remember due to the close games that Miami lost, the injuries taking their tool late in the season and of course the DROPPED PASSES!!! the realist in me tells me Henne did more with the worst WR corp in the entire NFL and that is saying something for a 2nd year pro!!! i am hopeful that with 1 more good offseason the team will take the next step forward into become a playoff constant and super bowl contender ...

Back
Top Bottom