Ben Kelley, Tim Levcik, and Robert Baker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ben Kelley, Tim Levcik, and Robert Baker

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
Remeber thease names when you are comming to conclusions about our team from what you hear the next 2 months from mini camp. Much like Fred Russel these 3 players were talked so highly about from the psudo training camp reports. Dave was quoted in every report talking about how great these guys were doing. Members of this board were penciling them in as our future, and soon to be starters. They all have 1 thing in common not 1 of them was on opening day roster that year. I would also keep this in mind when you are saying Feely is already a bust because of one weekend of mini camp.

Robert Baker was the perfect example of a guy that shined in Mini-camp, but when he put the uniform on, coaches didnt have confidence in him, and when they did have confidence, he didnt produce.

Kendall Newson is a PRIME EXAMPLE of that, when he came into the games he was terrible.

Don't forget Brian Manning, Charles Jordan, Brian Kelly, Ray Green, etc...

having Dave wannstedt as coach is like having Stevie Wonder as your limo driver.

I don't get it. Robert Baker played in the NFLE last year, therefore he wasn't in mini-canp at all. How could he shine up in mini-camp? He probably was in mini-camp 2002, I don't know. Speaking of Kendall Newson, he never impressed me in the NFLE, apart from his returning skills.

I dont understand the point in talking about Russel either. Unless he can return punts I have a hard time seeing him make the team as a RB. Williams and Minor will defenitely make the team. While Leonard Henry has been awesome in the NFLE and has much better size then Russel. He'll have a hard time beating out Henry for the 3rd RB. I think hes a practice sqaud guy or he'll get picked up by another team after he gets waved.

Lehighphin said:
having Dave wannstedt as coach is like having Stevie Wonder as your limo driver.

MOD EDIT: Attack the post, not the poster. This is a warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read note on above message

Last edited by a moderator:
That was Newson.

Kendall Newson was a player that looked all world in practices with pads on, but he clammed up when he got his opportunity against Tennessee. He admittedly was very nervous in the game, and it affected his play. In practice, he was probably the second best receiver on the team.

KBISBACK said:
That was Newson.

Kendall Newson was a player that looked all world in practices with pads on, but he clammed up when he got his opportunity against Tennessee. He admittedly was very nervous in the game, and it affected his play. In practice, he was probably the second best receiver on the team.

He actully tore up NFL Europe last year. He was 1st in ypc, i think 1st in receiving yards, 2nd to Baker in receptions, lead the league in kick return yards. Maybee he hit a wall last year for playing so many games, and didn't have the luxury with practicing with the team for the whole training camp. I don't think he could make the team as the 3wr but he could steal a jon by returning punts and kickoffs.

Russel may have a better shot now. Henry is on the injured reserve right now in Europe with a hip flexor.

The main point of my post is we shouldn't think Feely is a bust because he didn't light it up in mini camp. It couldn't mean less. We will see around week 3 of the preseason if we can start bashing Rick for the deal.

I did a little research yesterday to find out what happened to some of those guys. Here's a list of former NFL players & popular college players that are currently listed on a AFL roster(former Fins have an *):
QB Joe Germaine
WR Darrin Chiaverini
DE Jabari Issa
CB DeRon Jenkins
FS Antwone Savage*
CB Fred Vinson
WR Chris Doering
CB Kelly Herndon
LB Casey Urlacher
WR Antonio Chatman
CB Kareem Larrimore
FB JR Niklos
QB John Dutton*
WR Windrell Hayes
WR Nate Jacquet*
OT Matt Anderle
WR Reggie Germany
WR Chris Vance
FB Ja'mar Toombs
LB Shante Carver
PK Jose Cortez
WR Thabiti Davis
WR Mike Bush
DT Marcus Spriggs
QB Michael Bishop
FB Harold Shaw
QB Adrian McPherson
LB Jarrod Penright
WR Tony Simmons
QB Kevin Daft
CB Michael Booker
WR Nate Poole
WR Marcus Nash*
QB Tony Graziani
CB Ben Kelly*
QB Lon Sheriff*
DT Jeremy Staat
QB Juston Wood
WR Jerome Riley
WR Sean Morey
CB Antuan Simmons
WR Ryan Hoag
CB Robert Bean
CB Jeff Sanchez
QB Aaron Garcia
WR Kevin Swayne
CB Kevin Kaesviharn
WR Vinny Sutherland
WR Travis McGriff
QB Craig Whelihan
CB Korey Banks*
CB Paul Miranda*
QB Tim Levcik*
QB Tommy Maddox
WR Michael Lewis
DE Dwayne Missouri
QB Marquel Blackwell
OT Louis Williams
WR Freddie Soloman
QB Stoney Case
CB Antonio Langham

**Not all of these guys are on the active roster(obviously Tommy Maddox & Michael Lewis aren't).

Korey Banks has been my boy since last year. Hopefully, if we keep a 5th corner, which we should...Banks will edge out Roundtree.

I'm surprised that Mike Bush couldn't even make a practice squad. At one point last year he was projected a mid-rounder, but then slowly fell down the draft boards because of his 40 time, I believe. I think he ran in the 4.7's or 4.8's. Isn't he like 6'6 & a bit over 200? Dude is huge. I think it was either the Niners or Seahawks or picked him up after the draft last year. I forgot.

Mr.I(Ryan Hoag) ended up in the arena league ALREADY? Damn.

Mr.I(Ryan Hoag) ended up in the arena league ALREADY? Damn.

He's on the Giants roster too. He's listed on the LA Avengers as inactive.

Back
Top Bottom