Ben Kelley, Tim Levcik, and Robert Baker | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ben Kelley, Tim Levcik, and Robert Baker

YEA KOREY BANKS WAS A STUD IN THE CAMPS LAST YR,I FELT SO TERRIBLE WHEN HE DIDNT MAKE THE TEAM....I MEAN I THINK HE WAS REALLY GOOD,KINDA REMINDED ME OF MIKE McKENZIE,LOOKS,BOSY STRUCTURE,AND FROM THE GAMES SKILLS LIKE HIM TO,I HOPE HE CAN MAKE THE TEAM,HE HAD BECOME PRETTY GOOD FRIENDS WITH MY FAMILY SO I HOPE HE CAN COME DOWN HERE AND HOOK IT UP!

Neither Kelley, Levcik, nor Baker had the kind of productivity that Russell had at the college level. In fact, he had more than Leonard Henry. The key is...if he can return kicks better than Henry, he will stick and Henry and Wilkins will be gone. That could leave the door open for Simmons to return punts. I have a hard time seeing Wilkins making the team.

Wilkins will have to show his value at returning kicks and punts to make the team. He's in a straight up competition with Sam Simmons.

Russell can compete for that spot too, its Charlie Rogers' old gig.

As far as I know, Ben Kelly never shined in mini-camps, and never shined at anything I thought. He was a 3rd round CB drafted to be our nickel CB and return kicks but never did anything. Baker and Levcik didn't have college production true but they definitely had followings from their camp performances. Baker was around for many years. Levcik just had what Fiedler does not...a strong arm. I also remember being impressed with his touch.

Korey Banks looked good early in camps and tailed off, then Roundtree really came on because of how physical he is. The coaches have to be cognizant of the new rule changes though so the physical parts...can't really remain a high priority. Banks can run and intercept the ball, and I think that might get him on the team if we keep a 5th CB.

Travis Minor only signed a 1-year deal and will be an unrestricted free agent next year. Leonard Henry also signed a 1-year deal. I'll bet Fred Russell makes the squad in some form (probably a return man). Thus, Terrence Wilkins gets cut unless he makes the club as a receiver.

IMO, Wilkins, Snoop Minnis and Derrius Thompson cannot all make the club. The FO is high on Newson and Tolver.

With our anemic performances over the years at returning kick-offs and punts for touchdowns, I would like to see Wilkins make the roster. Hasn't he returned more kicks and punts for touchdowns since his rookie season, 1999, than the entire Dolphins team has since their last kick-off return TD in 1989?

Germandolfan said:
I don't get it. Robert Baker played in the NFLE last year, therefore he wasn't in mini-canp at all. How could he shine up in mini-camp? He probably was in mini-camp 2002, I don't know.

Last season was his fourth shot at making a Dolphin roster so he had "shined" in other minicamps/training camps. Of course his problem was more health than not being able to produce in game situations.

Also I see the name Korey Banks listed as being on an AFL roster. He is listed as being on our roster also. Can someone be on both, is it a mistake on one roster or the other, or is it a differant Korey Banks? Or does an AFL team retain the rights to a player who goes to the NFL in the event they are cut and come back? Could it be a reserved list or something like that?

Back
Top Bottom