Ben Volin on the state of the Pats | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ben Volin on the state of the Pats

Couldn't have happened to a nicer band of jolly assholes. :)

Honestly it sounds a little like Ben wishes he was back covering the Fins. Says he got tons of hate mail when he wrote a column on Tom's reign coming to an end soon.
It's early and things could change but the Pats play Cinny then the Bills and Jets so the AFC east could be ours for the taking if the Dolphin get their **** together and continue what they started in London.

Honestly it sounds a little like Ben wishes he was back covering the Fins. Says he got tons of hate mail when he wrote a column on Tom's reign coming to an end soon.
It's early and things could change but the Pats play Cinny then the Bills and Jets so the AFC east could be ours for the taking if the Dolphin get their **** together and continue what they started in London.

Following him on twitter it's obvious he misses Miami. He got an offer he couldn't refuse to go to Boston.

I will never forget or forgive the vendetta Belicheat and Thomasina went on purposely running up the scores even on weaker teams with their starters still in long after the outcomes were obvious as payback for the league having the audacity to sanction them for cheating their way into a SB crown or two. (not that the league didn't whitewash the extent of the transgressions by only taking away the lesser of their 2 first round picks and destroying the tape before any outsider could see just how egregious were their offenses.) That David Tyree catch was karma. Their season couldn't have ended any more perfectly.. and that's why while I'm not an organized religionist, I'm very much a spiritualist believing in the natural order of the Universe.

And now Belicheat and his front office are being ripped on ESPN for piss poor drafts and the receivers they took versus the stars who were still available. I'm so glad that both Farmer and Casserio turned us down. Hickey is looking better and better and confirms the old metaphysical adage that sometimes good things result despite ourselves. :idk:

superbowlshirtspatriots190-1.jpg

It could be ugly after this sundays game. The bungles will probably lay a 50 burger on em.

They are playing at home so it will probably be close. I'm more interested in their next two games vs the Bills and Jets.
If they lose to either the bottom may fall out.

Its naive and hopeful to think that the Pats wont get some better but this has the look of more an 8-9 win team than a 10-11 win team.

How many questionable calls go their way sunday? Will the NFL allow teams to contine to make Brady look bad?

The issues they have can't be fixed because its a lack of talent in key spots. I think they lose to the Bengals and Jets. Bills is a toss up.

I will never forget or forgive the vendetta Belicheat and Thomasina went on purposely running up the scores even on weaker teams with their starters still in long after the outcomes were obvious as payback for the league having the audacity to sanction them for cheating their way into a SB crown or two. (not that the league didn't whitewash the extent of the transgressions by only taking away the lesser of their 2 first round picks and destroying the tape before any outsider could see just how egregious were their offenses.) That David Tyree catch was karma. Their season couldn't have ended any more perfectly.. and that's why while I'm not an organized religionist, I'm very much a spiritualist believing in the natural order of the Universe.

And now Belicheat and his front office are being ripped on ESPN for piss poor drafts and the receivers they took versus the stars who were still available. I'm so glad that both Farmer and Casserio turned us down. Hickey is looking better and better and confirms the old metaphysical adage that sometimes good things result despite ourselves. :idk:

superbowlshirtspatriots190-1.jpg

Love that t-shirt so much that when I finally found it, I bought two.

Blemish2-1.jpg

To me the biggest mistake the Patriots made was NOT resigning Wes Welker last year. Prior to that Welker and Brady had a thing going that was almost unstoppable. They would move the chains and eventually eat you up with drives you couldn't stop. If you go back and look at the history of the Patriots over the last 12 years (4 before Welker, 6 with, and 2 without) you can see that the addition of Welker jumped the Patriots scoring dramatically. Prior to Welker Brady and Patriots put up 24 points on average. For the 6 years Welker played on the Patriots the scoring average is 30 points a game (6 per game more). Then after Welker leaves their scoring drops from 33.9 in 2012 to 27.9 in 2013 (drop of 6 per game) And this year is has dropped to 20 per game.

Then if you go look at the Bronco's scoring before and after you will find the same thing. Peyton put up 30 a game before he got Welker. Last year with Welker he scored 36 per game. Once again a 6 point increase with Welker. Without Welker to start the season the Broncos have been struggling and only averaging 25 point per game.

It would have been smart for the Patriots to keep him for a few more years to give Brady a real chance at another trophy.

Welker last year then 6 time probowl guard Logan Mankins this year. Couple that with very average drafts and Brady getting older and that's the recipe for New England coming back to the pack.
We have got to take advantage and win the division. Everyone already has two loses so the wildcards might be from other divisions.

Back
Top Bottom