Ben Wallace to sign with the Bulls | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ben Wallace to sign with the Bulls

Clark Kent said:
Congrats on the championship... But if were talking about how good the heat are lets not ignore the facts.

Yea, I suppose beating the Pistons on their own court doesn't count for anything.

I'm not even a Heat (or really, the NBA for that matter) fan and I think this is just absurd.

A big waste of money....Ben = no offense, can't shot free throws. He is very overated.

It is truely amazing to me how all the Heat fans forget that the Bulls vs. Heat series was tied 2-2. CHICAGO, withOUT so much as even a BODY in the middle to play defense or rebound (nevermind the scoring). Now, when someone blows by Gordon (weakest perimeter defender on the Bulls) they have someone (NBA's defender of the year) to weakside defend... They won't get ANY offense from him, but hell they didn't get any from Chandler either! The Bulls are going to be contending in the East next year...

Lets ask an easy question... Big Ben or Tyson Chandler? Exactly, easy question. All the reports are the Bulls are trading Chandler for PJ Brown. Yes another, old player, but stable enough for a two (MAYBE 3) year run.

Tyrus Thomas? Everyone says he has skills and HUGE UPSIDE. What does that mean? He is not going to play very much this year. He will learn behind Wallace for two years and then be ready to step in.

I like the Heat, but don't be so optimistic you don't look past the facts. The Bulls gave the Heat (arguably) the toughest challenge in the playoffs with out so much as a NBA journeyman on their front line. NOW they add a SOLID (even if over-rated very solid) Center who is one of the leagues best defenders. You don't think they are going to be a tough team? - come on...

After the Bulls tied the series 2-2 in the first round, everyone I was talking to was very nervous that the Heat may not get out of the first round. I knew the Bulls would not be able to beat the Heat, but I knew they were a tough team, not to take lightly. NOW they add a premier defender in the middle... They are going to be good... IN the EAST, I think ONLY the HEAT are better...

Oboy said:
It is truely amazing to me how all the Heat fans forget that the Bulls vs. Heat series was tied 2-2. CHICAGO, withOUT so much as even a BODY in the middle to play defense or rebound (nevermind the scoring). Now, when someone blows by Gordon (weakest perimeter defender on the Bulls) they have someone (NBA's defender of the year) to weakside defend... They won't get ANY offense from him, but hell they didn't get any from Chandler either! The Bulls are going to be contending in the East next year...

Lets ask an easy question... Big Ben or Tyson Chandler? Exactly, easy question. All the reports are the Bulls are trading Chandler for PJ Brown. Yes another, old player, but stable enough for a two (MAYBE 3) year run.

Tyrus Thomas? Everyone says he has skills and HUGE UPSIDE. What does that mean? He is not going to play very much this year. He will learn behind Wallace for two years and then be ready to step in.

I like the Heat, but don't be so optimistic you don't look past the facts. The Bulls gave the Heat (arguably) the toughest challenge in the playoffs with out so much as a NBA journeyman on their front line. NOW they add a SOLID (even if over-rated very solid) Center who is one of the leagues best defenders. You don't think they are going to be a tough team? - come on...

After the Bulls tied the series 2-2 in the first round, everyone I was talking to was very nervous that the Heat may not get out of the first round. I knew the Bulls would not be able to beat the Heat, but I knew they were a tough team, not to take lightly. NOW they add a premier defender in the middle... They are going to be good... IN the EAST, I think ONLY the HEAT are better...

Who said that they didnt think the Bulls upgraded their team? They definatly have improved themselves, and should be a contender in the East. I am not so worried about them in terms of the Heat(matchup wise)... but I would be pretty worried if I was a fan of any other team in the East. I think they should get the #2 seed in the East... and be a tough team.

Oboy said:

Dude...nobody has said that they didn't upgrade. The discussion is that they have hurt themselves in a matchup with the heat.

Part of the reason that series was 2-2 was because of SHAQ's foul trouble. Using 18 fouls on SHAQ contributed to that. Having SHAQ's bucket boy in for big minutes can only help the Heat.

Damn talk about over paying. Basketball is more of a perimeter game now I dont know why you pay a big man that much money just for defense.

keep laughing guys it was the bulls who took you to 6. And with wallace it hurts detroit and gives us a chance to be a 1st or 2nd seed, considering Shaq dont play in the regular season. Also Hinrich shut down wade since college and at least with wallace we have someone to slow shaq down. He might not stop him, no one can, but he can slow him down better than anyone else. You should be afraid because you may sign wade for 85 mil but your going to lose alot of your team soon and you made a dangerous team even more deadly. Add more experience of our gaurds and a coach who isnt flip saunders with home court advantage, bulls could very well be in the finals next year. Champions maybe, hell Ill be happy for 2nd round or ECF but the excitment is breweing.

Gonna suck in year 4 of that contract though, even ill admit it, but if we get a championship it will be worth it.

WestCoastPhins said:
keep laughing guys it was the bulls who took you to 6. And with wallace it hurts detroit and gives us a chance to be a 1st or 2nd seed, considering Shaq dont play in the regular season. Also Hinrich shut down wade since college and at least with wallace we have someone to slow shaq down. He might not stop him, no one can, but he can slow him down better than anyone else. You should be afraid because you may sign wade for 85 mil but your going to lose alot of your team soon and you made a dangerous team even more deadly. Add more experience of our gaurds and a coach who isnt flip saunders with home court advantage, bulls could very well be in the finals next year. Champions maybe, hell Ill be happy for 2nd round or ECF but the excitment is breweing.

Gonna suck in year 4 of that contract though, even ill admit it, but if we get a championship it will be worth it.

Shut Wade down? :sidelol: He averaged 25pts 7asts and 5 rebounds against you guys. Maybe slowed him a little, but came NOWHERE near shuting him down.

And Ben Wallace isnt the best defending Shaq... he isnt even close. Shaq destroys Wallace, but has struggled some times vs. some others (See Dallas).

With that said, you are still improved, but you have a long way to go until you are ready to win a championship...

Man its funny how the defensive player of the year signs with a team and some here say he is over rated. Ben was not signed by the bulls to play offense he is there to get 18-20 rebounds a game, knock some people around, block shots and cause some havoc in the paint. I being a cavs fan wanted to sign Wallace desperately he is a guy that could bring the championship to cleveland. Excellent signing by the bulls. Now you have one of the best outside shooting teams in the league aquiring one of the games best rebounders, excellent move.

steel-x said:
Man its funny how the defensive player of the year signs with a team and some here say he is over rated. Ben was not signed by the bulls to play offense he is there to get 18-20 rebounds a game, knock some people around, block shots and cause some havoc in the paint. I being a cavs fan wanted to sign Wallace desperately he is a guy that could bring the championship to cleveland. Excellent signing by the bulls. Now you have one of the best outside shooting teams in the league aquiring one of the games best rebounders, excellent move.

You seriously think he deserved to be the defensive player of the year? After steadily declining stats over the last 3 years and a complete tank job in the playoffs its quite understandable that some people think the guy is overrated. And Chicago certainly isnt one of the best shooting teams in the league....in fact they are one of the worst, last year ranked 22nd. If they keep that up big Ben may just get 18 reboundes per game. But if his steady decline continues, you should get a player that averages 34 minutes and gets 7 points, 10 rebounds, and 1.9 blocks per game. Is that worth 15 mil?

Ferretsquig said:
You seriously think he deserved to be the defensive player of the year? After steadily declining stats over the last 3 years and a complete tank job in the playoffs its quite understandable that some people think the guy is overrated. And Chicago certainly isnt one of the best shooting teams in the league....in fact they are one of the worst, last year ranked 22nd. If they keep that up big Ben may just get 18 reboundes per game. But if his steady decline continues, you should get a player that averages 34 minutes and gets 7 points, 10 rebounds, and 1.9 blocks per game. Is that worth 15 mil?

I guess we can agree to disagree but he was chosen for defensive player of the year for a reason. This debate can continue after the season next year. We will see how it works out for the Bulls.

steel-x said:

He averaged 11 rebounds a game... no where close 18-20 rebounds...

And a 32 year old guy that is there to get 11 rebounds a game and play some defense isnt worth a 4 year 60 million dollar contract...

And I think he is overrated because I dont think he is the best defensive player in the game... which is who the defensive player of the year award should go to. He doesnt "shutdown" people. He just blocks some shots. There are better defenders than him.

steel-x said:
I guess we can agree to disagree but he was chosen for defensive player of the year for a reason. This debate can continue after the season next year. We will see how it works out for the Bulls.

Yes he was chosen for a reason. Its virtually impossible for a guard to win DPOTY in today's NBA and the other big men who posted far better stats than him were either injured or do not enjoy the same publicity.

I'm sorry, but Chicago signing Wallace doesn't impress me. Offensively, we all know how much Wallace sucks. His bread and butter is of course defense, and his skills at that end of the court look to be in decline. He relies on his quickness and jumping ability, but at 32 how long will that last? Remember he is only 6'9" or so. He was nothing special against Miami and Cleveland, and his decline in play was part of the reason the Pistons faltered. Anybody expecting Chicago to take the leap next year is fooling themselves. Then again, I thought Phoenix was foolish for signing Nash to that moster contract.

Back
Top Bottom