Bengals Front Office Split on Herbert and Burrow? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bengals Front Office Split on Herbert and Burrow?

The chart says it'd take 5+18+39 to go from 5 to 1 but I doubt the bengals would take that and I'm sure they'd ask for more. I see no way Miami give up 4 1st round picks for him or for anyone else.

pick #1 is worth 3000 points
5-1700
18-700
39-510
=3100 points
If Burrow is putting the screws to them, I am sure Miami knows this through Burrow's agent. Miami then HAS to underbid. Look, take our offer or leave it. Go with Herbert if you want, Cincy, and deal with the PR nightmare.
Wow, what a scramble that would be for the 2 pick...When Cincy could just trade with us, get something, or let Washington have it. No need to give up 4 number ones.

If there's any truth to this (I doubt it), Cincy won't move below #5 if the target is Herbert, and maybe not as low as #5. So the obvious first question is, if Cincy wants Herbert, what are their choices? Well, take herbert at #1, or, trade to #3,4,5 (the Skins have no incentive to trade). Now the question is, what will those 3 teams do? Would any of them jump on Burrow? If so, how would that affect Tua?

I don't see Cincy in the driver's seat in this. If they move down to get Herbert, AND if they move to far, a team DET may decide Burrow is too good to pass up. Same with NYG. Or, maybe Miami could trade with WASH for #2 or DET at #3 and still get Burrow. Cincy can't ask for a king's ransom without risk of losing Herbert.

So the question for all teams between #2 and 35 is if Cincy moves down, what will the other team's do? Stick with Young and Okudah? Jump on the draft's best QB? Trade with #6? I don't see a move up costing as much as some are offering?
This.

I’d be surprised if this was actually the case. We’re in the middle of a completely dead off season and people need stuff to write about.
That's what it feels like to me as well. Herbert has more holes in his game than Burrow. Hard to see them passing him up.

The chart says it'd take 5+18+39 to go from 5 to 1 but I doubt the bengals would take that and I'm sure they'd ask for more. I see no way Miami give up 4 1st round picks for him or for anyone else.

pick #1 is worth 3000 points
5-1700
18-700
39-510
=3100 points
Uh, that's 2910... :shrug:
:lol:

This is like going on a dating website looking over the profiles and basically choosing the right one for yourself.
However just because she looks the part ,makes good money has good morals ,nice home,car family life doesn't mean she's the best choice for you.

I think a lot, some have said I think too much.

On this matter, I stopped thinking about it. I love Burrow, would give up more than most to get him but I also don’t want to give up anything to get Tua at 5 so.....

Would I have traded the 5th pick and Tunsil (hypothetically) to move up for Burrow? Yes. 5, Tunsil and Minkah.....ouch. There are no guarantees so you have to draw a line somewhere.

Whatever happens, happens. I am actually relieved it’s not my decision to make.

Last edited:
NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png

Roger Goodell C, Unsigned Free Agent

In a memo sent to all 32 teams Monday, commissioner Roger Goodell announced that the 2020 NFL draft will be conducted "entirely outside of their facilities and in a fully virtual format."

Essentially, it's like a fantasy football draft conducted entirely from remote locations with each and every member of the front offices and coaching staffs checking in from their respective homes. Some teams had looked into holding their drafts at a central meeting point, like a brewery, but the NFL wants all clubs to "operate in a consistent and fair way." This is something we've obviously never seen before and could lead to a number of technical issues throughout the weekend, but the NFL is determined to get through it. NFL offices have been closed since March 13 and team facilities were shut down March 26.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Apr 6, 2020, 2:38 PM ET

What's the market for trading up to Burrow? Who else wants him and has the draft capital to do it?

Back
Top Bottom