Best Case Scenario for Pennington: Rich Gannon? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Case Scenario for Pennington: Rich Gannon?

NashPhin

Run the Ball. Stop the Run.
Reaction score
Not to say that the Pennington signing will end in a Super Bowl appearance, but I think there are some similarities between Pennington coming here and Gannon resurrecting his career and coming of age in KC and Oakland.

Gannon was a slightly above-average passer with a great deal of accuracy and smarts for the duration of his early career. When he got to KC, the light turned on, and he took his game to an entirely different level. In Oakland, he almost broke Marino's TD record and took the Raiders to the Super Bowl.

I wonder if Pennington, another smart, accurate veteran, could take that next step with Miami, surprise the Jets, and elevate his game. Not saying that will happen, but just something to consider.

I'd like to actually see him play in a dolphins uniform before I give judgment. I've grown too hardened over the years. I keep getting my hopes up and getting them dashed. IT's not going to happened anymore.

If he's good FANTASTIC. If he's great, even betterr. If he sucks...well, he can't be worse than what we've had, can he?

Ironically, I think Beck's best case scenario is Gannon. I think it might take him that long to get it going.

Penny's already had success in this league. I think we just want him to be a healthy version of himself and we'll be alright.

I think Gannon was more getting his skills to develop and Pennington is more about getting healthy to get skills that were once there to return. Health will be the key to Pennington's success.

I don't think Chad Pennington will ever be better for us than what he was for some of his best season with the Jets. But, look at what he did in his best seasons with pretty good talent around him, he got to the playoffs and won a few games too.

Ironically, I think Beck's best case scenario is Gannon. I think it might take him that long to get it going.

Penny's already had success in this league. I think we just want him to be a healthy version of himself and we'll be alright.

I think Beck will end up somewhere in the QB spectrum between Jason Garrett and Jay Fiedler.

Back
Top Bottom