Best defense in the EAST! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best defense in the EAST!

B-lo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I would rate like this- secondary 1. Buffalo, solid with great depth 2. new enland. 3 jets 4 dolphins.
linebackers- all are pretty great , 1. all have great players, guess it just depends on injuries and how some play after injury.

D-line- 1.Miami, new england, jets, bills. Overall it's hard to say , fish , jets and pats I would rate higher than the Bills do to Buffalo's weak d-line. But the fish have some ?'s in the secondary, jets and pats have a couple gaps too. what do you think?

The truth will be in the games and season, but I think the Jets D is going to show up and be a top 10 this year.

Vilma will do fine in the 3-4, 4-3, 5-2 or whatever we do.

Dyson is our secret weapon.

Miller had a good rookie year and will get better.

Rhodes is tearing up camp, expect good things from him.

Barton, another quality LB.

I worry about Robinson in the middle (nose tackle) and Bryan Thomas on the outside.

BZ

D-LINE MIAMI? You have to be kidding.

Seymour, Wilfork and Warren are in the top 3 of all the D-Lines in the league. Seymour is more dominant than Freeney or Taylor, he isnt a sack whore mainly because he gets triple teamed every play and that allows the Quarterback to be clobbered by our linemen. Taylor doesnt mean the line is amazing, one player. Pats have 3. Go look at some sites rankings, Pats will be easily top ten, top 5.

ThePats said:

Miami was second in the league in sacks last year.

Seymour is more dominant than Freeney or Taylor, he isnt a sack whore mainly because he gets triple teamed every play

Yeah, Taylor is always in one on one coverage. :sidelol:

ThePats said:

Seymour, Wilfork and Warren are in the top 3 of all the D-Lines in the league. Seymour is more dominant than Freeney or Taylor, he isnt a sack whore mainly because he gets triple teamed every play and that allows the Quarterback to be clobbered by our linemen. Taylor doesnt mean the line is amazing, one player. Pats have 3. Go look at some sites rankings, Pats will be easily top ten, top 5.

house_05-1.jpg
ER.

byroan said:
Miami was second in the league in sacks last year.

Yeah, Taylor is always in one on one coverage. :sidelol:
To quote Richard Seymour...

Seymour admitted that sometimes he looks at defensive ends like Indianapolis’ Dwight Freeney, who earn headlines and highlights for pressuring the quarterback, and wonders what life would be like if he had similar opportunities.

But then he takes a step back.

“Is it frustrating? Would I like to go out and do some other things sometimes? Of course,” Seymour said. “But at the same time I look at the big picture. Do they end up in the Super Bowl? No. So I’ll take the things that we’re able to do. I’ll take the team’s success over my individual success.”
:D

Taylor's awesome, but the Pats defensive line is dominant. Notice how the Pats go win/loss/win/loss when Seymour's not playing?

ThePats said:

No not kidding , I would agree w/you your top 3 are the best, I just chose Miami cause they have a solid rotation , good depth. So I guess I should have put 1a. and 1b. I don't think N.E. is deep at all.right?

B-lo said:
No not kidding , I would agree w/you your top 3 are the best, I just chose Miami cause they have a solid rotation , good depth. So I guess I should have put 1a. and 1b. I don't think N.E. is deep at all.right?

ThePats won't understand this post.

It uses facts and logic.

DolphinDevil28 said:
ThePats won't understand this post.

It uses facts and logic.

Actually it uses mostly homerism and prediction which are neither fact of logic but what else would we expect to see on this site. Who gives a rats arse remember that great Buffalo bills defensive # 2 rating of a couple of years back.....where did that get them in the big overall picture? It has to be an all around balanced team effort to win in this league.

MR NFLFAN said:
Actually it uses mostly homerism and prediction which are neither fact of logic but what else would we expect to see on this site. Who gives a rats arse remember that great Buffalo bills defensive # 2 rating of a couple of years back.....where did that get them in the big overall picture? It has to be an all around balanced team effort to win in this league.
Balanced team effort to win in this league is obvious, i was just asking about the defenses in the east , not the best OVERALL teams in the league. Homerism??? i'm a Bills fan, how is there homerism?

MR NFLFAN said:

Boy, it's sooo homeristic to say the Dolphins have the best d-line in the AFC East!! :rolleyes2

I mean, maybe it was just a dream that we were second in the NFL in sacks and we go eight or nine deep with quality players.

Trying to make sense to you is like trying to nail jell-o to a tree sometimes.

Its pretty simple, up by 1 score in the last 2 minutes. You kickoff the ball to the opponent, which AFC East defense would you want on the field.

Its simple, NE.

1)NE
2)Miami
3) NY Jets
4) Buffalo

Even when the Bills defense was top 3, they struggled in these situations.

Reverse it, which Offense would you want on the field in the same situation but trailing by 1 score?

Same order.

Thats how NE can pull out the close games, they are clutch.

ThePats said:

homervt3-1.jpg

ThePats said:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Defense:
1)Dolphins
2)Patriots
3)Jets
4)Bills

to be honest i dont see much room for argument there, not being a homer but in all reality miami has the best Defense in the east

-for fun though if you wanted to name the 5 best defensive players from the AFC EAST in no order it would be Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Jonathan Vilma, Richard Seymour, Takeo Spikes

Back
Top Bottom