Best defense in the EAST! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best defense in the EAST!

B-lo said:
I would rate like this- secondary 1. Buffalo, solid with great depth 2. new enland. 3 jets 4 dolphins.
linebackers- all are pretty great , 1. all have great players, guess it just depends on injuries and how some play after injury.

D-line- 1.Miami, new england, jets, bills. Overall it's hard to say , fish , jets and pats I would rate higher than the Bills do to Buffalo's weak d-line. But the fish have some ?'s in the secondary, jets and pats have a couple gaps too. what do you think?

i would rank them like this..

1. pats
2. maimi ( we are almost there with pats)
3.bills
4. jets

B-lo said:
I would rate like this- secondary 1. Buffalo, solid with great depth 2. new enland. 3 jets 4 dolphins.
linebackers- all are pretty great , 1. all have great players, guess it just depends on injuries and how some play after injury.

D-line- 1.Miami, new england, jets, bills. Overall it's hard to say , fish , jets and pats I would rate higher than the Bills do to Buffalo's weak d-line. But the fish have some ?'s in the secondary, jets and pats have a couple gaps too. what do you think?

The Phins may have troubles in the secondary, but the backers and the D-Line look amazing. The Bills are only good because they have BIG Sam Adams at nose tackle. (Or is he gone?) In short, its too early to tell. :dolphins:

Patriots I really don't know. The Bills defense could come out of nowhere this year. They really have been solid in the preseason thus far. When the starters were in they have done good. Here's how I would rank it.

DLine: Patsies, Fish, Bills, Jets
The Patsies front seven is what makes the offense go. They have it tough because they play the 3-4. 3-4 DE is the toughest defensive position in the league. You have to have DT size, but DE speed.

The Fish have a very solid unit who seem to get to the QB every play. Their secondary isn't great, and frankly, if not for this amazing DLine the secondary would be exposed even further. I rank them below the Fish simply because I feel the Patsies are better against the run.

As for Bills vs. Jets, put it this way. The Jets starting current starting DLine had a collective 12.5 sacks last year. The bills DE Aaron Schobel has 12 himself. Collectively the Bills line had 21.

LB: Bills, Patroits, Fish, Jets
Call be a homer, go ahead, do it. But here are facts. Last year both London Fletcher and Angelo Crowell eclipsed 120 tackles. Now they have another 120 tackle LB back in TKO. All 3 are sure tacklers who can also drop back into coverage.

I have the pats #2, but this is only with Bruschi. Yes, the attention he gets is was to high, and he isn't as good as he was pre-stroke, but he's still a top 20 linebacker in the league. If the Pats don't have Bruschi they drop to the bottom.

Fish are at three because I think after Thomas they are lacking a little. Cowder (sp) is going to be a beast, but I'm a little weasey of the others. Then you have 3 other OK players, but no amazing ones.

As for the Jets, they have a lot of question marks. While Vilma does put up amazing numbers, I've seen him get run over a few times. Great player, but his amazing stats suggest he is a little more than he is. Hobson is solid, but there's still question marks in the other two spots.

Secondary: I'm not even going to rank them. It is so up in the air. The Bills will have one of the best secondaries in the league within 3 years, with young talent such as Donte Whitner, KO Simpson, Ashton Youboty, and Terrence McGee. But they aren't great just yet. And Troy Vincent looks slower every day, and I'm yet to see Clements step up this preseason.

The Jets lost the man that stirred the straw for their secondary. Law took away half the field last year, and they will have to recover from not having him.

As for the Fish, yes, the loss of Madison will hurt, but I really like Allen. He'll be very good for you guys.

NE has a lot of big names with guys like Harrison and Samuels, but how will they really play. IMO this is the weakest part of the Patriots team.

Overall I don't know who will have the best defense. The Bills, Jets, and Fins are all using a different defense, the Jets the 3-4, the Bills the cover two, and the Fish the hybrid, however that thing is going to work. Patriots have most players returning and are using the same scheme, but are also aging as we speak. I won't pick a best defense, except say I think the Jets will have the #4 defense in the division.

Back
Top Bottom