Best Offense in the AFCE | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Offense in the AFCE

Who has the best O

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll reserve our place on this list until I actually see us in action for 5-6 games... giving the players a chance to mesh and gel and get used to this system's and it's scheme's. Right now, I say the patriots, jets, Bills, and Miami's score is imcomplete until further review..

PatsSuck456 said:
In 2nd place (drumroll please) Its the Phins. Weve got a very solid group of Recievers and Tight Ends. 2 Good Running Backs, A (hopefully) better O line.
Our Qb's are decent at best. We also have a very good 0ffensive coaching staff.

Last its the Champs, The Pats lost their Kick *** OC, and now ''The Genius'' is the OC, well see how he handles thier offense. They have a good RB, and decent recievers and Tight ends (although some of them are unproven),as well as a solid O line. Brady is a damn good QB, yet he makes some bad decisions (when he plays against us anyaway.) So thats all folks, don't forget to vote.

Funny stuff.

So the team that was ranked 4th in the entire NFL with a scoring average of 27.3 points per game, is now the worst offensive team in the AFCE?

BTW, can you cite some specific examples of Brady's "poor decisions" in any one of the 9 playoff games he has started and won, including 3 Super Bowl victories?

Bad decisions in a meaningless regular season game against a pathetic 4-12 team is totally irrelevant.

PatsSuck456 said:
Anyway, IMO its gotta be the Jets, (Yeah Im gonna hear it from the Phins fans)
They have a Good, but old RB, A Good WR corps, a solid O Line and the best Qb in the divison.... who is injury prone, and they have a decent at best back up QB.

(sigh) Nevermind.:shakeno:

Someone said it best earlier, The phins cannot be rated higher then 3rd at this point:

An offense is centered around a qb and o-line... these are two HUGE question marks right now. Feeley has glimpses of talent... and then its eclipsed by a beautiful pass into a bill's CB. Come on, I love the fins and I bleed aqua and orange... but pull those homer glasses off! Also, don't spew uneducate babble... it just doesn't represent fin fans really well.

Saban is brilliant... Houck is as well, and Linehand is clever and crafty. I have no doubt the fins will be a huge contender come the season after this one... but as someone said before, even with Ricky and Brown, and our great set of WR's and TE... it all goes to waste with DE's having a track meet to our QB... or our QB closing his eyes and lobbing it into the center of the field.

Lets wait and see... how long will it take for Houck's system to stick, and for the O-Line to gel and play like a damn single unit... Is feeley the answer? Wait and see.

Offenses:

1) Pats --> Against great defenses... poor defenses... theres no stopping them. They'll bleed you slowly with their kicker... or just go deep. They adapt... and thats their key to success.

2) Bills --> Scary WR corp and being a Canes fan, McGahee was great before his injury (better then Portis IMO). However, he proved that he could rebound after the injury... and barring any injuries... should explode this season.

3) // 4) Jets and Phins.

Jets --> Old hurting RB, and a problem in your rotator cup (Pennington) is a horrible injury to have. I think Pennington is a talented qb but his arm str. is limited, and he chokes under pressure IMO.

The Phins have way too many ?'s right now.

Thats my 2 cents.

ubercane said:
Someone said it best earlier, The phins cannot be rated higher then 3rd at this point:

An offense is centered around a qb and o-line... these are two HUGE question marks right now. Feeley has glimpses of talent... and then its eclipsed by a beautiful pass into a bill's CB. Come on, I love the fins and I bleed aqua and orange... but pull those homer glasses off! Also, don't spew uneducate babble... it just doesn't represent fin fans really well.

Saban is brilliant... Houck is as well, and Linehand is clever and crafty. I have no doubt the fins will be a huge contender come the season after this one... but as someone said before, even with Ricky and Brown, and our great set of WR's and TE... it all goes to waste with DE's having a track meet to our QB... or our QB closing his eyes and lobbing it into the center of the field.

Lets wait and see... how long will it take for Houck's system to stick, and for the O-Line to gel and play like a damn single unit... Is feeley the answer? Wait and see.

Offenses:

1) Pats --> Against great defenses... poor defenses... theres no stopping them. They'll bleed you slowly with their kicker... or just go deep. They adapt... and thats their key to success.

2) Bills --> Scary WR corp and being a Canes fan, McGahee was great before his injury (better then Portis IMO). However, he proved that he could rebound after the injury... and barring any injuries... should explode this season.

3) // 4) Jets and Phins.

Jets --> Old hurting RB, and a problem in your rotator cup (Pennington) is a horrible injury to have. I think Pennington is a talented qb but his arm str. is limited, and he chokes under pressure IMO.

The Phins have way too many ?'s right now.

Thats my 2 cents.

I agree.

PatsFanTX said:
Funny stuff.

So the team that was ranked 4th in the entire NFL with a scoring average of 27.3 points per game, is now the worst offensive team in the AFCE?

BTW, can you cite some specific examples of Brady's "poor decisions" in any one of the 9 playoff games he has started and won, including 3 Super Bowl victories?

Bad decisions in a meaningless regular season game against a pathetic 4-12 team is totally irrelevant.

So you don't think the Pats will miss a beat? They've lost alot this offseason.

Did you know that the BB never had a 1000 yd Rb or WR before Weis? Or that he only had 1 winning record before Weis and Crennel?

Probably not since there weren't many Pats fans before 2001.

You bring up great points Losman7, but the thing that I hate about the Pats is their resiliency (sp). No matter what, they always seem to bounce back. I think Weis wasn't the true mastermind that he is hyped up to be... (i.e. his tenure under Parcells). Also, I think Crenell will be exposed with the browns (he'll be good, not great).

The Pats ALWAYS rebound... I hate it. I mean, a team that can move a WR into the CB position is crazy. as for offense... they got the job done w/o a solid RB, they'll lob screen passes till kingdom come. Damn Brady...

Losman7 said:
So you don't think the Pats will miss a beat? They've lost alot this offseason.

What have they lost? Does Charlie Weis step on the field and perform?

Andruzzi and Patten? Decent players but easy to replace.

Brady is now going into his 5th year running the same exact offense and the Pats will not miss a beat.

Keep dreaming if you really think the Pats offense will go downhill.

PatsFanTX said:
What have they lost? Does Charlie Weis step on the field and perform?

Andruzzi and Patten? Decent players but easy to replace.

Brady is now going into his 5th year running the same exact offense and the Pats will not miss a beat.

Keep dreaming if you really think the Pats offense will go downhill.

They lost the two coordinators that made Belichick great. He was horrible before them. Its just a fact. He had 1 winning season before them.

Do you even have an OC now? Cause BB's offenses have sucked before Weis. Every single one of them, every year.

I'm not saying you'll be below .500, its still a talented team. But everyone knows its the game planning and schemes that take the Pats to the next level. And who comes up with those? If it was Belichick why didn't it work before Weis?

Wies was in the hosptal for the frist three games in 2002 and Belichick
was calling the plays to the toon of 30+ points per game.A coach
that can put a defense together that shuts down a St.L. or a Colts
must know some thing about the offense.

60 votes for the Fins :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

PatsFanTX said:
Funny stuff.

That pathetic team kicked your great team's ***. Seeing that every1 always talks smack on posts like these, I might as well not start threads like this anymore. Brady has made some bad decisions when he plays us, The Pat's offense really never plays that good when they play agianst us.

Losman7 said:
Sure McGahee needs to play a full season before he gets the nod,

but if you take his numbers from his 11 starts and average it over 16 games he'd have 1600 yards and 19TD's. That would be good enough for 4th in yards and first in Td's among running backs. He's the real deal, and he'll be better this year, he was playing at 85%-90% last year.

You think the Pats offense is going to have a good year without Weis?

I think they are going to be in alot of trouble, Belichick has NEVER had a 1000 yd rusher or 1000yd WR as a head coach without Weis. ever.

He has only had 1 winning season as a HC without those two coordinators on his staff (with the Browns), so any pats fan who tells you they aren't going to miss them is a fool. (Or just dosen't know how bad Belichick was before Weis and Crennel since there weren't many Pats fans before 2002)

mcgahee only avaged 3.97 ypc. it was averaged off to 4.00 ypc(4.00 ypc is stll not great) that is not great. im sure mcgahee was very close to 100 percent last year or else he would not have gotten as many carries that he did in that short time if he was 80 something percent healthy.

about the weis thing,many pat fans think he is/was an ok play caller. with weis they only had 1 guy get over 1000 yards receiving and that was brown(he barely made it).and before corey.d came to n.e it was only a.smith who BARELY rushed for over 1000 yards. weis was not bringing magic. in fact you do realize over the last few years(ESPECIALLY LAST YEAR) that brady has been calling a lot of his own plays dont you? with high positive results i might add.

and dont deny belichecks coaching ability,he already was a big part of the giants sb's winners(being the dc and all),and lets be honest here,those giants teams won those superbowl's with defense and we all know who the dc was(again BB). and bb control in cleveland was almost non existent.and you do realize that ppl get better at things dont you? bb is a much better headcoach then he was in cle from the way he coaches to the way he deals with ppl and you factor in that bb has much more control in n.e then he did in cle. its clear as day that he has grown at the position(head coach) for the better and has learned from his mistakes(this is so over the top obvious).

im sure much of the same playook that was there last year will be there again this year.brady and rest of them were the ones who had to actually literally execute the play and make c_h_i_t happen. weis was not out there throwing the ball and running the routes.

as for the bills,mcgahee is going to have to really up his ypc total if he is going to be considered one of the best because is was just p_i_s_s poor. henry had better years then that.but of course mcgahee does have upside/potential and you got evans who looks like he is going to tough to deal with and of course moulds. but i think loserman is going to be a huge bottleneck for that team.jp is a NOBODY.and as much as i think that drew is slightly above mediocre he did still throw for 20 td's last year.i got this feeling that jp is going to be tucking it in a lot and taking off down the field without giving the play a chance to develop.
i see jp as mike mcmahon part 2.he runs fast but got a qb IQ like corkey.

when it comes to talent at wideout,it looks like the bills might be at the top,but again,i think jp will hold them back. when it comes to wideouts with huge INTANGIBLES and can make a BIG catch when needed the most,even in huge pressure situations (playoffs /superbowls)that is without a doubt the group of receivers in pats land(cant even be debated).dillion ran for over 1600+ yards in 14 games really(he missed the entire pitt game,and there was 2 other games were he missed the entire second half of both games with injuries totaling to 2 missed games).if corey didnt miss 2 games he would have easily ran for the most yards in the league.he already led the league in ypc.

pats
jets
bills/miami tied

McGahee CARRIED the bills offense last year. That's why his YPC was so low. Teams stacked the line against him because Bledsoe was so horrible. He was the work horse of the offense and you can tell he wasn't 100% and was missing his speed and cut backs he made in college alot.

Back
Top Bottom