Best & Worst Drafts for Day 1 & 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best & Worst Drafts for Day 1 & 2

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
Which team has had the best draft so far & which team has had the worst?

The Chargers couldn't have gotten rid of AJ Smith soon enough. RT DJ Fluker, ILB Manti Teo, & WR Keenan Allen gives them three top 30 players in my eyes.

The Bills screwed up so bad in round one with EJ Manuel they can't recover. Love WR Robert Woods, then they reach for ILB Kiki Alonso 40 picks too early followed by another reach for a non-football player in Marquise Goodwin in the third. They have cemented an F grade. Doug Marrone isn't gonna last long if this continues.

Manti Te'o total bust, but i agree with you on Fluker and Allen

Thats not the team i think won so far, id have to do more research. But surely the Bills lost so far, and by far.

The Saints had only 3 picks so far but they've made them count. The Ravens are doing really well so far too.

I have no idea whats going on with the Bills. Their picks are mind boggling Woods was the only decent pick. They'll be picking in the top 10 for a few more seasons.

I have a feeling E.J can be a good QB, but a bigger feeling he can be a humongous bust lol! Hopefully he is a bust.

Our draft so far is pretty weak too. Wasting picks again. WTF, this is going to be Jeffy last year as our GM! How effing dumb is this guy?!? 6 years now and no good second or third round pick. Anyone can make a good team with all the cap space and picks we had. But some how Jeff is Effing it up again.

I think Buffalo had the best draft in our division. I think EJ Manuel is a stud and they needed to take care of the most important position. I am not a fan of Kiko Alonso, but they filled WR needs nicely. I think both of these players can score in the division.
Jets had the next best draft with 3 first round talents. I'd give the Jets A+ and best grade in division, but they took 2 boom or bust sort of players in Geno and Sheldon, so that remains to be seen. But on grades, A+ draft.

Miami had 5 picks in top 82, and ended up with 4 draftees. Not good. Could've gotten 2 first round talents in position of need with that ammo, they got 1. I don't think either of the corners is dominant, but Jamar can play. I see this as a move to clear cap and pursue Albert. Thomas is another middle of the run guard. so not much other Dion.

New England had less spectacular draft than Miami.

Minnesota stole the draft with 3 1st round studs. The usual suspects who draft well did well. Minny, Houston, GB, Lions,. Chargers exceeded expectations for where they picked.

Agree with SD only because of Keenan Allen.. really wish we got him! I think the Jets had the worst draft and feel bad for Geno. Didn't realize the Jets could have more drama after trading for Tebow last year.... guess i was wrong!

How the hell did spielman become a genius after he left us?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

How the hell did spielman become a genius after he left us?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Sometimes in life you learn best from your mistakes. Actually, I think that Ireland is also drafting better now than when he got here. He seems less afraid to make a mistake. Or maybe Philbin is just a helluva lot smarter than Sparano and has better instincts and his input is helping Ireland.

I think SF killed the draft coming away with Reid, Carradine, Patton, Lattimore. I also liked what the Rams did offensively getting both Austin and Bailey. Miami's draft was up there with the best teams. I'm thrilled with the Jordan pick and wanted Taylor in the 2nd, who we got. Rarely does a draft work out like that. Thomas is solid, but I wanted Wheaton there. I guess the front office really does view wr as a strength.

Which team has had the best draft so far & which team has had the worst?

The Chargers couldn't have gotten rid of AJ Smith soon enough. RT DJ Fluker, ILB Manti Teo, & WR Keenan Allen gives them three top 30 players in my eyes.

The Bills screwed up so bad in round one with EJ Manuel they can't recover. Love WR Robert Woods, then they reach for ILB Kiki Alonso 40 picks too early followed by another reach for a non-football player in Marquise Goodwin in the third. They have cemented an F grade. Doug Marrone isn't gonna last long if this continues.

I thought Keenan Allen was a value, but Fluker was overdrafted in my opinion and I'm not high on Teo.

Minnesota and San Francisco had the two A+ drafts.

Minny did exactly what I wanted to do which is add as many Top Tier prospects as possible by trading up. Although I admit Im happy with Taylor in the 2nd...

San Fran killed it...they had the picks and were able to be flexible. I think Reid was a reach but S was a huge need for them. The fact that they are elite without many holes allowed them to take a guy like Carradine and be patient with him...same for Lattimore but obviously a different situation.

Back
Top Bottom