Better being a bridesmaid than a bride. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Better being a bridesmaid than a bride.

TorontoFin

Trapped in Trudeaupia
Reaction score
Despite the fact there's no substance to the davenport trade, Najeh has made it clear he prefers to be a back-up for two more years, rather than start for his hometown team.

"I called the office and asked if I had a say-so in it because I really didn't want to go back there. I'm learning too much now. Every rep I take behind 'AG,' I look at it as a learning experience. I feel like when I'm able to go out on my own I want to be the best I can be.
"Another thing. I want to go somewhere where a team wants me, not needs me."

Nice, eh? Now we're getting snubbed by backups. If it's a choice between Sherman, Farve and the bench or Dave, Jay and the starting job, this guy wasted no time in giving his opinion he's rather have the former. Very telling on where this team, or at the very least this offense, stands around the league. Dave, your legacy keeps growing and growing. Good job, buddy. Keep pulling that hair out.

Very telling on where this team, or at the very least this offense, stands around the league.

I think all you can assume from that is where we stand in the eyes of Davenport, in comparison to his existing situation, when in fact there was no trade being discussed, and he's looking at (I believe) an RFA year in 2005 and FA in 2006.

THe rest of the league may or may not agree, but there is little evidence in the quote you use.

Back
Top Bottom