Better DE: Bruce Smith or Michael Strahan? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Better DE: Bruce Smith or Michael Strahan?

Better DE: Bruce Smith or Michael Strahan

• Bruce Smith

Votes: 42 89.4%
  • Michael Strahan

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
While Reggie was certainly great, it should also be considered that he played in the 4-3 while Bruce played in the 3-4, and with really nobody else on the line to take any pressure off him (Phil Hansen and Jeff Wright, anyone?). Considering that, I think it's a little more even than folks here are making it out, but then again, I could just be a Bills homer.....

Bruce smith was great. Fantastic first step. But, imo, Reggie is #1 . As strong as the incredible hulk. One play I'll never forget is that game where he picked up and threw an olineman at the QB with one arm so he could catch him. No way someone should be so strong. Them two together. Dream team...

Not even close. Nothing against Strahan, but he doesn't merit a comparison to Bruce Smith, Smith was that good. Strahan will deservedly go in to the Hall of Fame, but so will many other linebackers. Smith is still just that much better than Strahan that the two don't compare.

Do we get to use the same argument Strahan has a SB ring and Smith doesn't? Bill fans have no problem picking QB's like Montana, Elway and Favre over Marino because they have rings and Marino doesn't. Are we allowed to use this same stupid logic to choose Strahan over Smith?

Do we get to use the same argument Strahan has a SB ring and Smith doesn't? Bill fans have no problem picking QB's like Montana, Elway and Favre over Marino because they have rings and Marino doesn't. Are we allowed to use this same stupid logic to choose Strahan over Smith?

I agree wholeheartedly.

However, I do believe that Bruce Smith was the better of the two.

Great point though, FTP.

I agree wholeheartedly.

However, I do believe that Bruce Smith was the better of the two.

Great point though, FTP.

He very well may be, but Marino was better then Elway, Favre and Montana. It doesn't stop Bill fans from taking away what Marino accomplished simply because he didn't win a ring! I think this is the exact same example between Smith and Strahan. I'll promise you Bill fans will ignore the fact that Strahan won a ring and Smith didn't.

Um, this makes absolutely no sense. But if you think Strahan is a better DE than Bruce Smith, you know nothing about football (which you do a good job proving with your posts:up:).

He very well may be, but Marino was better then Elway, Favre and Montana. It doesn't stop Bill fans from taking away what Marino accomplished simply because he didn't win a ring! I think this is the exact same example between Smith and Strahan. I'll promise you Bill fans will ignore the fact that Strahan won a ring and Smith didn't.

I thought Elway was a better QB than Marino even before he won a Super Bowl. For all the talk of the lack of talent Marino had, those first 3 Denver teams Elway took to the Super Bowl were very average (especially offensive). The fact that Elway finally won 2 Super Bowls completely tips it in his favor. Marino is the best pocket passer ever. Of players I could see, Elway was the best all around QB. He could beat you in so many ways.

Um, this makes absolutely no sense. But if you think Strahan is a better DE than Bruce Smith, you know nothing about football (which you do a good job proving with your posts:up:).

It makes perfect sense. Maybe the comparisons aren't good ones, but the premise behind the post makes perfect sense.

Many people believe Dan isn't one of the greatest because of the Super Bowl ring. Why shouldn't the same be said for Bruce Smith?

I think Marino is better than Elway and I can't figure out where to find it, but in an interview Elway admitted Marino was the better of the two. Bruce Smith was a much better DE than Michael Strahan as well.

Back
Top Bottom