Better think again... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Better think again...

Dr. Phin

Scout Team
Reaction score
Anyone who thought that the Patriots were falling apart and we were just going to walk in and take the division had better think again. You might want to go look at their game from last night. Brady is still Brady...and he uses whatever weapons he has and makes them better. He made some great throws last night...especially the first TD.

We are going to be in for a major fight if we want the division.

It doesn't matter who Brady has around him, its their offensive scheme that works. Brady delivers his pass in less than 3 seconds most of the time. They run a bunch of screens and quick slants, and the CB is never close enough to the WR to make a play. I don't know why we don't run quick slants and screens more, because thats how the Patriots destroy people. Rather than run on first down, they get off a quick pass that nets 8-10 yards. He just needs someone who can catch and run.

It is Vanilla defenses, with no game plan on D. You have to game plan against Brady and put pressure at his feet. Preseason doesn't mean jack.

Our D, their O. Going to be epic.

Last edited by a moderator:
bringitiaintevenscared-1.jpg

Anyone who thought that the Patriots were falling apart and we were just going to walk in and take the division had better think again. You might want to go look at their game from last night. Brady is still Brady...and he uses whatever weapons he has and makes them better. He made some great throws last night...especially the first TD.

We are going to be in for a major fight if we want the division.

Brady is still Brady? This is news to you?

Thank you OP for your thoughts and contributions. My thoughts, I found myself cringing last night while I was watching our offense struggle to get a first down and watching their offense move the ball as usual. As of now, it does appear that they are in position for another division title. We will still have to play them twice this year... With that said, I can't wait for the regular season. Let's go Dolphins!!

It is Vanilla defenses, with no game plan on D. You have to game plan against Brady and put pressure at his feet. Preseason doesn't mean jack.

I agree, but they JUST scrimmaged with the eagles. Shouldn't the Eagles learn something just from that scrimmage alone to make it not seem so flawless for Tom?

Of course when the Dolphins have a good game, it's only because we were playing a crappy Jags team in preseason, right? :rolleyes2:

No one's doubting Brady, but I want to see them do what they did last night against a real defense...not one that they scrimmaged against 2-3 times before last nights game.

Looks like the Patsies defense is still going to be a problem for them. The Eagles racked up 462 yards last night. Also, they better hope Brady stays upright, Mallett and Tebow both sucked

Well, yeah. But anyone expect anything different?

well, yeah, I do. Week to week when teams gameplan against the Patriots, they will be able to see the weaknesses better.

The gameplan week to week no longer relies on Welker and Hernandez. It relies on new guys. You will see. They will not be in syn all the time which means a good defense will shut that crap down and more INT's are likely. Next year may be diffrent, but I see Brady on his azz more vs. us this year. More press coverage (notice that last night?) will force Brady to wait longer or deal with longer yardage situations on 3rd down. Nate Solder and Vollmer just are not all that to me.

I still don't believe in their weapons. Just because Patriot nut huggers like Evan Silva at RotoWorld want to hype up every rookie that they have, especially undrafted guys, doesn't mean they can actually play.

Back
Top Bottom