"Big Cat" Williams released | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Big Cat" Williams released

No argument as to Ricky, or what he does for any O-lineman. I'm just saying that it's not enough to bring any O-lineman here by itself. Corey Dillon is a stud RB as well, and it isn't keeping Webb in Cincy.

Webb was released.

No one wants to go to Cincy because the franchise is a joke...top to bottom, regardless of who is playing there

Again, no argument there...but there are a lot of things that go into where a player decides to play, and I just think that the RB isn't any higher than 4th or 5th on the list.

Of course it's not enought to attract everyone, but it helps.

Cincy is just not a feasible comparison. Until they get their front office straightened out, no top flight players will want to go there even if they have Ricky, Priest, and Alstott in the backfield.

1227, yea I realize money is the number one thing that attracts a player anywhere, but the Dolphins are an attractive team because of front office, talent level of the team, and a consistent winning record.

If the Phins were to make a similar offer as say Chicago, or Seattle, or even Buffalo, I would think that most guys take the Miami deal.

Agreed...but it doesn't hurt that most other states also have a state income tax, which means that for the same offer, players make more money playing for Miami, Tampa, and Jax than they do for most other teams.

All things being equal, Miami and San Diego IMO are the two best cities to play in.

San Diego is just awesome, the best city in the U.S. Perfect weather, low crime rate.....beautiful man.

Unfortunately for me, it's also expensive as hell but that's not a concern for a player. Oh well, I'm only 90 minutes away, that's not so bad.

Yeah, but if you live in San Diego you still have to deal with No Grey Matter Davis...and that's almost a fate worse than playing for the Bungles!..:) And again, DAMN high taxes.

Well, if you want to talk Governor smack, I have no leg to stand on but that wont stop me from taking a shot at yours. How about

Jeb "nobody gets rehab unlimited but my daugther" Bush

LOL 1227, I hear ya but it's not his daughter that concerns me, it's his hypocritical drug rehab policy. He's "tough" on offenders and has very little symapathy for their rehab. But his little princess can go in and out in a revolving door. I read a great article about it in Playboy.

Davis probably is the worst state governor in history..... but my lights always stayed on. But yea, he's really hosed this state over and now my car tags might triple! Get a rope!

not related to the thread, but if anybody believes the electricity thing was gray davis' fault is believing everything they are told on the news.

Lol...no it was somehow the fault of energy companies in Texas. It had NOTHING to do with California's policy of refusing to build a new powerplant over the last 20 years, and as a result, having to buy power from every state around it. California has a wonderful mentality where they think they can eat their cake(be environmentaly friendly), and have it too(not have to pay for it).

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
LOL 1227, I hear ya but it's not his daughter that concerns me, it's his hypocritical drug rehab policy. He's "tough" on offenders and has very little symapathy for their rehab. But his little princess can go in and out in a revolving door. I read a great article about it in Playboy.

Davis probably is the worst state governor in history..... but my lights always stayed on. But yea, he's really hosed this state over and now my car tags might triple! Get a rope!

That's one area that I DO have to hand it to California. Rather than throwing drug users in jail where they learn how to be violent criminals, they throw them in rehab programs. It's not perfect, but it's better than the "criminal factories" that most states prison systems have become.

How is it not Greys' fault?

Originally posted by DPlus47
not related to the thread, but if anybody believes the electricity thing was gray davis' fault is believing everything they are told on the news.

Dude bought a boatload of energy to cover his butt, and then had an excess. So, being the brillant economist that he is, dude sells it back for 1/3 of the price resulting in a 24 billion dollar deficit. Niiiiiiice, now we can cut our funding for important things (schools, colleges, research, you name it) and raise our taxes on virtally every friggin thing. California is a nice place to live but our politics are awful. Freakin Bill Simon cant even beat out Grey, who most are furious with but didn't trust Simon. Ouch!

As far as the blackouts go, I dont know all the details of the blame game but I know Davis screwed us financially.

Back
Top Bottom