Big East went 5-0 in Bowls | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big East went 5-0 in Bowls

5 - 0 record for a conference in bowl games is excellent no matter who the teams are they beat. With 30 something bowl games, questionable bowls games were played by EVERY power conference. That's the nature of the beast.

Looking back on the season, personally I think the Big East was better than the Big 12, as good as the PAC-10, and almost as good as the Big 10. I think this "Big Least" crap should be finally laid to rest, but I know it won't.:rolleyes2 At least until Louisville, West Virgina, or Rutgers goes out and beats the SEC and Big 10 in bowl games.

5 - 0 record for a conference in bowl games is excellent no matter who the teams are they beat. With 30 something bowl games, questionable bowls games were played by EVERY power conference. That's the nature of the beast.

Looking back on the season, personally I think the Big East was better than the Big 12, as good as the PAC-10, and almost as good as the Big 10. I think this "Big Least" crap should be finally laid to rest, but I know it won't.:rolleyes2 At least until Louisville, West Virgina, or Rutgers goes out and beats the SEC and Big 10 in bowl games.
:yeahthat: It wouldn't matter if the Big East were 10-0 in bowl games.The nay sayers will still come out of the wood work to bash them.

Congrats to the big east they had a great season.

What impresses me most about the confrence is that their top head coaches are some of the best in the nation and they have turned down jobs because they want to stay where they are.

To me that tells you that they are a conference on the rise.

Congrats to the big east they had a great season.

What impresses me most about the confrence is that their top head coaches are some of the best in the nation and they have turned down jobs because they want to stay where they are.

To me that tells you that they are a conference on the rise.

Well I spoke too soon, Petrino is going to Atlanta.

Alabama,Miami.... Those are 2 of the top progams in the country. Rich rodriguez turned down bama, and Rutgers coach schiano turned down Miami. You know the confrence is on the rise now!!

Is that QB in your avatar going to Tennessee?

Yea, thats Eric Berry, he played qb in high school, and he is hopefully going to play both ways for Tennessee. He'll mainly be a defensive back in college.

Tennessee has high hopes.

I like them pretty good. Im a diehard WVU fan, but i'll root for the follwing teams

2. FSU
3. Texas
4. Tennessee

the conference is on the rise. Petrino leaving hurts but he interviews for every open job anyway so it was just a matter of time. Plus that program is on the fast track anyway so whoever is hte next head coach will just keep that ball rolling!

The real strength of the conference is that the bad teams right now (Pitt and Syracuse) have 2 head coaches with major NFL bling (Robinson and Wanny). Give them 3 or so more years to turn those programs around (as most NFL coaches do when they go to college) and this conference has the potential to be a major player in a few years

who gives a **** about these crappy bowls???

i can't believe some of you care about them.

haha.

Say what you want (I know you will anyway) but it is impossible to objectively argue with 5-0.

BIG EAST!!!

:yeahthat: It wouldn't matter if the Big East were 10-0 in bowl games.The nay sayers will still come out of the wood work to bash them.

I dont know, you guys get 10 in the bowls and I for one will want a recount and then crown you best dang division ever.

Back
Top Bottom