"Big" plays | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Big" plays

brumdog44

Club Member
Reaction score
As defined as 20+ yard plays:

In 2021, the Dolphins had 50 'big' plays in 17 games; 45 passes and 5 runs.

In 8 games this year, we have 35 (31 passes and 4 runs).....on pace for 74 'big plays'.

In 2021 in Kansas City, Tyreek Hill had 12 'big plays'; Jaylen Waddle had 8 in Miami. This year, both have already exceeded last year's total (Hill has 15 and Waddle has 12).

We get chunk plays out the wazoo in this offense. My complaint prior to the Lions game was that it wasn’t turning into points save the Baltimore game. Hopefully this bigger back we just got can help us get some tough yards in close too
Hard to turn them into point's when we keep shooting ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties. We have a 40 yard play and then get 20 yards in penalties and end up with a 3rd and 25.

Hard to turn them into point's when we keep shooting ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties. We have a 40 yard play and then get 20 yards in penalties and end up with a 3rd and 25.
Good point. Seems like so many drives get derailed because of this

We get chunk plays out the wazoo in this offense. My complaint prior to the Lions game was that it wasn’t turning into points save the Baltimore game. Hopefully this bigger back we just got can help us get some tough yards
That's going to be more important with the cold weather coming.

"Lemming Alert", "Lemming Alert" - LOL

Yep. Captain Obvious for sure.

That does remain a question mark, but i think we'll start to see more balance. Opponents are definitely going to have to sell out to stop/slow down Miami's passing attack.

Opportunities will be there in the run game. Also, hopefully the defense plays better and the Dolphins have the lead more often.

Yep. Captain Obvious for sure.

That does remain a question mark, but i think we'll start to see more balance. Opponents are definitely going to have to sell out to stop/slow down Miami's passing attack.

Opportunities will be there in the run game. Also, hopefully the defense plays better and the Dolphins have the lead more often.
Cold weather has derailed many a high flying passing game in December. I love that we got a big back

Back
Top Bottom