Big trade puts Miami Dolphins on equal footing with Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big trade puts Miami Dolphins on equal footing with Jets

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The Jets were adding big name after big name the past few weeks while the Dolphins sat frustratingly quiet. But this move changes our outlook.

New York, who's your daddy now? :lol2:

Instead of going into next season's games against Rex Ryan's defense wondering if anyone can get open against Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie, the question shifts.

Can either of those guys cover Marshall?

In 2007, when Cromartie was the best cornerback in the NFL, Marshall caught 13 passes in two games against him and the San Diego Chargers. Marshall caught 18 passes for 166 yards against Cromartie and the Chargers in one 2008 game.

The Jets now must worry about more than just Miami's Wildcat offense that they discredit so readily but actually copied during their playoff run. The Jets and everyone else now have to worry about the Dolphins throwing the football.

And completing the passes.

``Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins, huh,'' Revis wrote on his Twitter account. ``That's a good look for them.'' :hump:

It's a good look because, praise be, the Dolphins finally have a No. 1 wide receiver and they can join the rest of the NFL in the 21st century!

This move updates the Dolphins and promises excitement.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/14/1580021/big-trade-puts-dolphins-on-equal.html

What a funny article, the Jets are going to have to worry about who is going to cover Marshall? Hate to break it to that guy but Revis has shut down better WRs before, guys like Andre Johnson.

And I love how the article says the Jets copied the Dolphins wild cat, thats news to me. We have used Brad Smith in QB option plays since 2006 when he was drafted. Just it gashed the Bengals. Having a gadget guy like Smith is not something the Dolphins created.

The Jets still have more weapons on offense than the Dolphins, even though the Dolphins do have a better WR in Marshall than any of our guys. But Edwards,Holmes, and Cotchery is a better trio than the Dolphins and you have to add Dustin Keller to the receivers mix who will have the middle opened up.

The Jets still have a much better defense than the Dolphins have, though the Dolphins should be better with Mike Nolan running it.

What a funny article, the Jets are going to have to worry about who is going to cover Marshall? Hate to break it to that guy but Revis has shut down better WRs before, guys like Andre Johnson.

And I love how the article says the Jets copied the Dolphins wild cat, thats news to me. We have used Brad Smith in QB option plays since 2006 when he was drafted. Just it gashed the Bengals. Having a gadget guy like Smith is not something the Dolphins created.

The Jets still have more weapons on offense than the Dolphins, even though the Dolphins do have a better WR in Marshall than any of our guys. But Edwards,Holmes, and Cotchery is a better trio than the Dolphins and you have to add Dustin Keller to the receivers mix who will have the middle opened up.

The Jets still have a much better defense than the Dolphins have, though the Dolphins should be better with Mike Nolan running it.
Revis is good, but he couldn't even cover Ted Ginn. I think Marshall and Revis will battle, but Marshall will get his catches, yards and touchdowns when the Dolphins play the Jets.

Revis is good, but he couldn't even cover Ted Ginn. I think Marshall and Revis will battle, but Marshall will get his catches, yards and touchdowns when the Dolphins play the Jets.

There is more evidence to suggest that he won't than there is that he will. You can't knock a Jets fan for feeling confident in our defense's ability to stop him.

It doesnt put you on equal footing with us.

I also dont think the Jets are worried about who can cover Marshall. Revis takes him. And im confident that Revis will do his job.

So one play makes a career? Interesting... So because Revis got "beat" by Ted Ginn on one play (even though it was Rhodes who was suppose to cover that part of the field and he was out of position) that makes Revis less good? So shutting down guys like Johnson means nothing because he got "beat" on one play? Not to mention Ginn is one of the fastest players in the NFL, he could beat a lot of players just running straight, especially when the CB was in zone and expected safety help.

If Revis shadows Marshall more than likely Marshall will have under 50 yards receiving for that game.

It doesnt put you on equal footing with us.

I also dont think the Jets are worried about who can cover Marshall. Revis takes him. And im confident that Revis will do his job.
You are suggesting that the Jets are indeed better than the Dolphins? The same Jets that have lost three straight to the Dolphins?

You are suggesting that the Jets are indeed better than the Dolphins? The same Jets that have lost three straight to the Dolphins?

:lol2: hahaha so right! Its ignorant to say the phins aren't an equal the jets. We just went from a 15th ranked offense to potentially a top 5 offense with acquisition of one player. I think you underestimate what a top 5 WR like Marshall can do for a team. Chad Henne just got better, along with all of our WR, and to top it off our number 3 rushing attacking probably just went to number 1. Marshall is also an exceptional run blocker.

Yeah absolutely

You won 7 games. Your season ended when your 16 game schedule was over. Ours ended in the AFC Championship after winning 2 playoff games on the road.

Yeah absolutely

You won 7 games. Your season ended when your 16 game schedule was over. Ours ended in the AFC Championship after winning 2 playoff games on the road.
If the Colts don't rest in Week 16, you finish 8-8 and out of the playoffs just like the Dolphins. Dolphins could have made a similar run if they had teams lay down at the end of the year. Your trip to the playoffs was gift wrapped. You won't have that luck this year.

Not to mention Ginn is one of the fastest players in the NFL, he could beat a lot of players just running straight, especially when the CB was in zone and expected safety help.

If Revis shadows Marshall more than likely Marshall will have under 50 yards receiving for that game.

Revis was not in zone, since when does a CB playing zone turn and run with a WR? The answer is never.

The same Jets that went to the AFCCG. I wonder how the Dollfan players felt watching the playoffs from the stands? :boohoo:

If the Colts don't rest in Week 16, you finish 8-8 and out of the playoffs just like the Dolphins. Dolphins could have made a similar run if they had teams lay down at the end of the year. Your trip to the playoffs was gift wrapped. You won't have that luck this year.

Or.....you could have beat the Saints at home with a 3 score lead at halftime.

Or.....you could have beat the Saints at home with a 3 score lead at halftime.

or.. we could of played against a bunch of second teamers and won..I'm not going to sit here and make excuses but the Jets clearly were handed their last 2 games to make the playoffs

or.. we could of played against a bunch of second teamers and won..I'm not going to sit here and make excuses but the Jets clearly were handed their last 2 games to make the playoffs

They were clearly handed the Indy game, the Bengals played most of their starters till it was clear they weren't going to win. Then we went on the road to Cincy, SD & Indy and won 2 out of 3.

Back
Top Bottom