Bigest Rivalry in college football? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bigest Rivalry in college football?

NorthFloridaFin said:
FSU-Miami is played @ the beginning of the season, so it doesn't garner as much attention as OSU-Michigan. I guarantee you, that if both games were played @ the same time, the majority of the nation would tune into the FSU-Miami match-up.

I disagree, and theres no way you can "guarantee" that.

Ohio State and Michigan for sure. Biggest in any sport at any level in my opinion. Where I am from its alot bigger then the Super Bowl. Its like a ****ing holiday.

I know all you South Florida guys want to say Miami and FSU.

It's a good rivalry, but truth be told, it's not even as good a rivalry as Florida vs. FSU.

Seriously, though, it's Ohio State/Michigan, and then "everyone else."

NorthFloridaFin said:
FSU-Miami is the biggest rivalry in college sports. Why else would they get a prime time Monday night game to kick off the season. All other rivalries just have tradition, that's it.

No way.

Duke vs. North Carolina in basketball is a bigger college rivalry than FSU and Miami in football.

Listen, I love the Miami/FSU games and it is a great rivalry. But it's not close to some of the other ones out there.

...and wouldn't you say that tradition is an important part of a rivalry?? :lol:

NorthFloridaFin said:
FSU-Miami is played @ the beginning of the season, so it doesn't garner as much attention as OSU-Michigan. I guarantee you, that if both games were played @ the same time, the majority of the nation would tune into the FSU-Miami match-up.

U BE SMOKIN!:goof:

U of M v tO$U by a land slide
Texas v Oklahoma
Notre Dame v USC
Aubrun v Alabama
Miami v F$U

DolphinDevil28 said:
I know all you South Florida guys want to say Miami and FSU.
It's a good rivalry, but truth be told, it's not even as good a rivalry as Florida vs. FSU.

Yeah I was about to say that, its agreat rivalry, my old man went to UF and he said those games were intense back in the day(circa 1,000 years ago) he told me that people went in****ingsane then I can imagine it is as bad or worse now.

:lol: Oklahoma State has no rivals, they only think we are there rivals :D

Ok I was just confused with which of the two it was.

PatsSuck456 said:
Yeah I was about to say that, its agreat rivalry, my old man went to UF and he said those games were intense back in the day(circa 1,000 years ago) he told me that people went in****ingsane then I can imagine it is as bad or worse now.

Ok I was just confused with which of the two it was.

I know dude...GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT!! :tongue:

The greatest rivalry depends on who you like and where you live. If you don't watch Ohio State/Michigan, then how can you appreciate their history? Just like I wouldn't expect somebody from Texas to understand the Miami/FSU rivalry. You just gotta go with what you know, and I'd have to go with either Miami/FSU or UF/FSU. Anybody else doesn't come close in my opinion. What can I say? I like my 'All Florida' football. :D

the problem with Florirda rivalry games are they have only been big since the 80's all other games mentioned have stood the test of time

AirFishOne said:
the problem with Florirda rivalry games are they have only been big since the 80's all other games mentioned have stood the test of time
Lol, no offense, but if you told that to somebody who watched the UF/FSU games in the 50's 60's or 70's, they would send you to a shrink.:cooldude:

Yea I know it was big in the state of Florida, but I thought this thread meant the biggest rival game in the nation.....not trying to diss ya im just saying what I think, but I wont deny those Florida matchups are very interesting to watch

Back
Top Bottom