"Bill Parcells explains what happens when you miss on a quarterback" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Bill Parcells explains what happens when you miss on a quarterback"

I'd much rather have Parcells in the ESPN War Room then the Dolphins War Room. I watch the NFL Network.

Suppose they took Brady Quinn? I don't think they would be much worse off today after he was a bust. Look where the Chargers are after Ryan Leaf. Drew Brees, Philip Rivers. I'm more afraid of not trying to get anybody at all than a bust. Especially at 15th.

I hear a lot of people saying we need to take a QB in the First and act like that is a reason for our woes. It is not like selecting a QB in the 1st round gaurantees you anything. Infact, since the 2000 SB QB's selected outside the first round have won 6 SB's to 5 won by first round slections. One of those 1st round selections was Trent Dilfer, who hardly lived up to being the 6th over all pick. Everyone thought we were going to pick Brady Quinn, ya we would have won the Superbowl if that happened. So selecting a QB just because you haven't had much luck in that area, just to select one is stupid. If we have a need at another posistion and the right QB isn't there, pick the guy you need!

when I wanted Bill to say something... he said absolutely nothing.
Now when I want the guy to never speak again... he won't STFU.

Go away Bill. Go far far away.

2007: 2-14 (Falcons)
2007: 1-15 (Fins)

clear.gif

2008: 11-5
2009: 9-7
2010: 13-3

chadhenne-1.jpg

clear.gif

2008: 11-5 (Pennington)
2009: 7-9
2010: 7-9

Who is in better shape? I wonder. :idk:

Thank goodness you didn't tie all that money up in a quarterback, Bill.

Hard to imagine where Miami would be if they hadn't decided to tie it all up in a left tackle and a psychopath wide receiver with more stab wounds than touchdowns...

..if nothing else, at least you were intelligent enough to split with the cash when it was apparent to even yourself that one place can only hold so many idiots at one time.

slimm ... i laughed for like 5 straight minutes after this one. it hurts ...

but hey, at least he was nice enough to leave us with the least creative and most pedestrian quote of all time.

“The way things are now, you’re stuck with a very, very high [salary] cap number for a player that’s not performing well for you. That’s not good no matter what happens, whatever position it is. But I think it’s more strongly felt at the quarterback position because the resolution to the most important position on the team is not in place. Economically it’s hurting you and on the field it’s hurting you.”

they pay you for gems like this? :bobdole:

If that clown would have stayed here another 100 years, we still wouldnt have a QB. Take that to the bank. Hopefully Ireland is different, but I often doubt it.

Uh ... no one around here needs to have a QB MISS EXPLAINED. But, Fank you very much Bill.

The guy who really, really, really doesn't want to hear Tuna's explanation ..... Sparano .... Bill's got Tony's tit in the wringer & walkin' kinda funny after Harbaugh-gate!!

I think ole Sparano has a clock in his head ... tick!! tick!! tick!! tick!! tick!! tick!! all day & all night. Tony say ... get me RBs & Big Uglies to stop this ticking!!

"Economically it’s hurting you and on the field it’s hurting you.”

- Bill Parcells describing his tenure with the Dolphins.

What a bunch of nonsense. Yeah, economic devastation in the form of a #15 overall pick's salary. Right. And guys like Gibril Wilson, Jake Grove, Justin Smiley, Ernest Wilford, Reggie Torbor, Eric Green...oh that was just a penny in the well.

No no no those weren't real dollars I read it on Finheaven so it must be so!

Back
Top Bottom