Bill Parcells

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Newyork2050, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Newyork2050

Newyork2050 Rookie

Do you think he likes what hes doing? How long do you think he will stay with the fins?

2. ADavieDolphin

ADavieDolphin StickyIckyRicky

yeah, he's been living in south florida for the past couple years, has family here and is not bothered by the media, but is still involved in football, his true love.

I dont think he leaves until we go to the Superbowl, or a limit of 4-5 years.. which will have 75% of the seasons in the playoffs

3. fakespike

fakespike Starter

this could be tuna's greatest legacy if he can put us in the superbowl within the next 2-3 yrs. i think he'll stick around to see his plan through.

4. Dolfan984

Dolfan984 A True Fan

no i hate bill parcells. he's done a horrible job. bring back camcam and mueller asap. i LOVE 1-15 seasons. I LOVED thinking my team won't be good until my late 20s.

5. Dolphins7273

Dolphins7273 Banned Hammered

Seriously. We need to bring back Cam as the head coach, Wannstache as an assistant coach, and Rick Spielman as the GM. Dynasty!

6. Fish-Head

Fish-Head U made the pudding but forgot the proof.

He does love the south Fla sunshine and being out of the spotlight... I think this might be the perfect fit for him... The only thing that might make him move on is if and when he actually gets the team turned around...

7. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

He's rich enough to retire and do a commentary gig part time to keep busy, so, yes, I'd have to say he likes what he's doing.

8. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

I don't seeing him leaving early. He left other jobs early because he got burned out. He is not the coach or GM, he has a comfy front office job, with a lot of power, great pay and not as much work as he would have had if he were coach.

This may be the first job he has had where he could last a LONG time.

9. SnakeoilSeller

SnakeoilSeller Scout Team

I hope he fulfills his contract, I believe it was for 4 years, and he retires with a couple of Super Bowl victories for the Fins.

10. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I'm still scared/unsure about the selling of the team to ross, as tuna said he didn't want wayne to sell...

i am hoping that behind closed doors tuna has agreed that he likes ross and would stay, etc.

11. FINdestructible

FINdestructible Section 211

In my opinion, he will be here a loooong time. This is the first time that he is in charge of a team, but not a coach or a GM. He doesn't have to deal with any of the BS associated with either of those two positions. All he does is give his input on football matters. I think he must be very happy here.

[​IMG]

12. Jethatr

Jethatr Seasoned Veteran

I see him staying until he gets too old to work/be effective anymore. At this point of his career, he is in the perfect position. As others stated, living with family in S. Florida, cumfy FO job, out of media, etc.

13. Etuoo33

Etuoo33 Seasoned Veteran

I agree w/fakespike, this could be his greatest legacy. Bringing the Phins from mediocrity (to say the least) to respectability, could end being one of his greatest accomplishments and add to the things that put him in league with Bill Walsh who I felt like was his biggest competitor and the one that 'he' may most want to be measured.

14. tcdrover

tcdrover Pro Bowler

I think as long as the new owner leaves him the hell alone he'll probably stick around for the next few years.

I think his new Fins organizational 'structure' is pretty impressive. Sporano & Ireland are both relatively young and eager to make their marks. I hope Henning is mentoring someone to be his eventual successor...

15. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

[​IMG]

16. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

More than that, if Ross is smart, he'll try to anchor The Tuna down with some sort of escalating minority ownership vesting program.

[​IMG]

17. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

I think Bill will be here for awhile. He's not the coach, he's not the GM, he's just the guy who oversees them all. He has two owners that stay the hell out of his way, he doesn't have to talk to the media, and after work he can hit the links, or go down to the track and watch the horsies run. It's the perfect job for him.