Bills Cut DT Adams; D-Line even weaker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Cut DT Adams; D-Line even weaker

Phinz4Life

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
The Bills, who entered Wednesday $2 million under the $92 million salary cap, made their second major cut of the offseason by releasing former Pro Bowl defensive tackle Sam Adams.

New general manager Marv Levy said the defense struggled last season because of the team's inability to keep defensive tackle Pat Williams the year before. Now, the defense grows even weaker in the middle with the release of Adams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2349818

dominizzo said:
HAHHAH Its gonna be great to see Ronnie Running through that weak D!! The Middle will be like running into water

That is if we dont draft anyone or sign any f/a. Why dont we wait until this happens before the homerism runs rampant.

Yeah I highly doubt were going to leave the DL the way it is. Expect Ngata to be drafted by the Bills, if Mario doesnt fall.

Deep2Evans said:
Yeah I highly doubt were going to leave the DL the way it is. Expect Ngata to be drafted by the Bills, if Mario doesnt fall.

Ngata is not going to be a Bill. he Bills want to follow the Chicago Bears mold, and they have smaller DT's. If its anyone, it will be Bunkley, but I think the Bills go out and get Chris Hovan or someone like that.

But yeah, the Bils will be adding DT's, unless they plan on using 1, because thats all the DT's that are signed right now that have actually played.

According to Bills Digest, Rocky Bernard from Seattle will be a top target (:beerbang:), followed by Ryan Pickett and Damione Lewis from the Rams and Hovan.

I don't care who the Bills bring in they will not replace Adams...He was a beast...anyone else will be subpar in my book...
Fact the middle of your D-Fence just got alot weaker.:tongue:

BBsuck said:
I don't care who the Bills bring in they will not replace Adams...He was a beast...anyone else will be subpar in my book...
Fact the middle of your D-Fence just got alot weaker.:tongue:

Adams got benched last year because he wanst doing his job. He and Mularkey got into it a few times. He almost had a fist fight with Jerry Grey on the sidelines, they had to be seperated. Mularkey actually told Adams not to even come to a game because he felt "we would be better without him" that game.

He got benched because he didnt see eye to eye with the coaching staff, not because he wasn't doing his job...He was becoming a negative influence to the team....They were trying to motivate him...It will be hard to replace him, and us fin fans recognize this just like you should recognize our situation with Maddison, will be hard to replace these type of players overnight with free agency or the draft..it just won't happen..:confused:

BBsuck said:
He got benched because he didnt see eye to eye with the coaching staff, not because he wasn't doing his job...He was becoming a negative influence to the team....They were trying to motivate him...It will be hard to replace him, and us fin fans recognize this just like you should recognize our situation with Maddison, will be hard to replace these type of players overnight with free agency or the draft..it just won't happen..:confused:

Its totally different. The Bills are going a different way on defense. They want faster players not space eaters. Marv even said before Adams was released that he didnt fit into the defense we want to run.

Adams got Benched last year because he wasnt getting the job done, not because of any other reason. He would start games, and get pulled because he was taking himself out of the play almost every down.

If we wanted another space eater we would draft Ngata. It wont be hard to replace him because he wasnt in our defensive plans.

Back
Top Bottom