Bills fans are a funny bunch.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills fans are a funny bunch....

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Several years ago they blamed Gregg Williams for how bad they were..he was probably the most sought after coach this year before Washington gave him alot of money to re-sign
They signed Mularkey and talked how he would change things and were very happy with the signing....then they could not wait to get rid of him...and the minute he was let go...several teams offered him jobs on the spot.
They were the first to point out that they finished the previous year strong and that momentum would lead them into the playoffs and some guaranteed "deep into the playoffs"...so when that did not happen....they predict the same course for us next year...not taking into consideration circumstances are totally different. Funny how tunes change when it fits your argument.
They found our horrible season in 2004 so very funny...but thier own season in 2005 not funny at all.
They scoffed at the hiring of Saban as an unproven college coach...to he should have won more games with the talent he had
Let me ask all the Bill fans...if the Dolphins had hired Don Shula to be the GM and hired Dick Jauron as coach of this team...how fast would you guys have come on here to absolutly ridicule the move?..be honest...you would have a field day with it..
Yet you hire Marv Levy to be GM and hire Jauron...and all is well...very funny..very funny in deed :shakeno: :shakeno:

NYPhinFan said:
Several years ago they blamed Gregg Williams for how bad they were..he was probably the most sought after coach this year before Washington gave him alot of money to re-sign
They signed Mularkey and talked how he would change things and were very happy with the signing....then they could not wait to get rid of him...and the minute he was let go...several teams offered him jobs on the spot.
They were the first to point out that they finished the previous year strong and that momentum would lead them into the playoffs and some guaranteed "deep into the playoffs"...so when that did not happen....they predict the same course for us next year...not taking into consideration circumstances are totally different. Funny how tunes change when it fits your argument.
They found our horrible season in 2004 so very funny...but thier own season in 2005 not funny at all.
They scoffed at the hiring of Saban as an unproven college coach...to he should have won more games with the talent he had
Let me ask all the Bill fans...if the Dolphins had hired Don Shula to be the GM and hired Dick Jauron as coach of this team...how fast would you guys have come on here to absolutly ridicule the move?..be honest...you would have a field day with it..
Yet you hire Marv Levy to be GM and hire Jauron...and all is well...very funny..very funny in deed :shakeno: :shakeno:

The differences between Gregg Williams and Mularkey are that Gregg Williams contract was up, he wanst fired, just not resigned. Its hard to give a guy who went 3-13, 8-8, and 6-10 a new contract.

The other difference is that Gregg Williams atleast came in and ran a top defense. Mularkey never got the offense close to decent, even though thats all he focused on.

Again, I dont know any fans that wanted Mularkey or Gregg Williams. They might have supported them after the hire, but not before.

During this past year, players were against Mularkey's system. Moulds was the most vocal. He had no idea what Mularkey was trying to do. The team felt they had no direction on offense. He had to go after players were calling out his system. Bills fans agreed with the players.

As for Marv and Jauron, I dont think they were good hires. But what can i do except wait and see.

Busting our chops for a bad season is fine, that doesnt bother me. Its deserved after a season like that.

All this Mularkey talk is the funniest stuff I have ever read. Its actually unbelievable.

I really didn't write the post to bust your shoes...we went through a horrible season 2 years ago and it was not alot of fun...at all. I just find some post by some Bill fans as funny. Your thoughts were clear and insightful and honest. The NFL is a very funny league...you are on top on second..and back on the bottom the next..I never take joy in someone elses misery. I just feel really good about the direction Saban in taking this team. Even you have to admit...if the Dolphins had hired Shula and Jauron...how many Bill fans would be on here in hysterics?. In my opinion the Bills should have taken a more daring shot when it came to a coach...they were the only team with a vacancy that hired an "old" coach...seems alot of teams were looking outside the normal box to find a coach.

NYPhinFan said:
I really didn't write the post to bust your shoes...we went through a horrible season 2 years ago and it was not alot of fun...at all. I just find some post by some Bill fans as funny. Your thoughts were clear and insightful and honest. The NFL is a very funny league...you are on top on second..and back on the bottom the next..I never take joy in someone elses misery. I just feel really good about the direction Saban in taking this team. Even you have to admit...if the Dolphins had hired Shula and Jauron...how many Bill fans would be on here in hysterics?. In my opinion the Bills should have taken a more daring shot when it came to a coach...they were the only team with a vacancy that hired an "old" coach...seems alot of teams were looking outside the normal box to find a coach.

You guys are heading in the right direction. We will see this offseason if the Bills can fill some holes.

Williams and Mularkey are good coordinators.

They are poor head coaches.

That's why your argument doesn't make much sense. I find it funny that every Fin Fan made fun of Mularkey to no end (which they had the right to), then as soon as Miami signed him, he became, in your eyes, one of the league's brightest minds.

B-LO said:

That's why your argument doesn't make much sense. I find it funny that every Fin Fan made fun of Mularkey to no end (which they had the right to), then as soon as Miami signed him, he became, in your eyes, one of the league's brightest minds.
Exactly...and for the record I haven't liked any of the HC's since Levy(Jauron included)...in fact I downright hated them all while they were here

B-LO said:

I never stated ANYWHERE that I thought that Mularkey was one of the brightest minds...but I definitly believe he is a better coordinator than head coach.

CirclingWagons said:
Exactly...and for the record I haven't liked any of the HC's since Levy(Jauron included)...in fact I downright hated them all while they were here

I just liked when Chuck Dickerson would call Wade Phillips, "Gomer." Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey are good coordinators, but I don't think either will ever be successful as a head coach. Maybe Williams learns from his time in Buffalo, and the OC of that time was absolutely awful. I'm trying to think of his name, but i'm drawing a blank, he was the head coach in SD for a little bit I think. While speaking with the media, I thought Mularkey and Williams were both awful. Both can be successful coordinators, but I really think if either of them get a head coaching job, it'll be a mistake for that franchise.

djfresh47 said:
I just liked when Chuck Dickerson would call Wade Phillips, "Gomer." Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey are good coordinators, but I don't think either will ever be successful as a head coach. Maybe Williams learns from his time in Buffalo, and the OC of that time was absolutely awful. I'm trying to think of his name, but i'm drawing a blank, he was the head coach in SD for a little bit I think. While speaking with the media, I thought Mularkey and Williams were both awful. Both can be successful coordinators, but I really think if either of them get a head coaching job, it'll be a mistake for that franchise.
that OC was/is the worst football mind of our time: Kevin Kildrive

CirclingWagons said:
Kevin Kildrive
:sidelol:

I swear, as much as I hate the Bills, I've got to hand it to their fans. You guys KNOW how to @#$%! about your team. Some of the funniest crap I've read on the internet has been the dry, sarcastic humor of bills' fans on The Stadium Wall.

Agua said:
:sidelol:

I swear, as much as I hate the Bills, I've got to hand it to their fans. You guys KNOW how to @#$%! about your team. Some of the funniest crap I've read on the internet has been the dry, sarcastic humor of bills' fans on The Stadium Wall.

It comes from years of practice.

DaBills4life said:
All this Mularkey talk is the funniest stuff I have ever read. Its actually unbelievable.
:huh:
Then maybe YOU should start reading what YOUR fellow 4 CHOKE brethren are discussing when they post about how great the merv, jauron, and who ever else is desperate for a coaching position hirings are!

Now that is unbelievably hilarious...
:www:

Marino1983

djfresh47 said:
Basically being hired by the billys as their h-c is a death-wish as far as a h-c career is concerned...
:yes:

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom