Bills fans-need some info on Bennie Anderson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills fans-need some info on Bennie Anderson

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
What can you guys tell us about him? Like what is he good at and what does he need to work on.

I'm betting they liked him when he was playing for Buffalo. But now that he is a Dolphin, he is terrible.

I was going to post this topic but you beat me to it, anyways I would like to see what they think about this.

You'll be seeing a lot of First and 15's.

He's about as useless as they come.

Then again maybe you guys found another Jamie Nails.

He's a "road grader" who is decent at run blocking but poor at pass blocking. He's big but slow, and didn't fit the Bills new offense. Consequently, the Bills cut him because they acquired better lineman through FA and the draft, and wanted those players to get more more reps.

He'd probably be a decent backup in a pinch, but I don't think you could have him as a starter and expect to have a good passing game (especially since Daunte likes to throw the long ball). If your current starting guard isn't better than Bennie, then the Fish oline is not nearly as good as people think.

its probably more our coach who's good, not necessarily the o-line

he is garbage

its as simple as that

he cant pass block at all, and he is always getting penalties

hope he doesnt start

Crisis said:
You'll be seeing a lot of First and 15's.

He's about as useless as they come.

Then again maybe you guys found another Jamie Nails.

I remember all the crap you guys talked about Nails but until he tore his achillies he was doing pretty damn good and was a big part of Ricky's 1800+ season.

Anyways the Bills O-line wasn't as horrible then as it is now, so you guys are probably right this time. The Dolphins O-line is pretty solid other than RG. How much worse can he be than McKenney?

I have heard he is a decent run blocker, but remember Houck did a great job with the same OL from '04. So in theory he can improve Anderson through coaching. At the very least he wll provide depth on the OL.

Deep2Evans said:
Heres a little farwell to Bennie from our local sports talk radio station, its great haha.

http://eod.liquidviewer.com/wgr-od/wgr/20060612_bennie.wma

ill admit that was pretty funny, hopefully under our good o line coaching he will improve to what he was back with the ravens...maybe it was just a case of being on a bad team syndrome but most likely he will only provide depth not start...anyways very funny, good friendly laugh

Dolfan984 said:
I remember all the crap you guys talked about Nails but until he tore his achillies he was doing pretty damn good and was a big part of Ricky's 1800+ season.

Anyways the Bills O-line wasn't as horrible then as it is now, so you guys are probably right this time. The Dolphins O-line is pretty solid other than RG. How much worse can he be than McKenney?

Jamie Nails did something about his problem, he lost alot of weight. If Bennie Anderson does the same, he will be a better player.

The guy cant move. Your OL coach is good, but he cant teach a guy to move when he cant.

Get him to lose weight, and you have a physical OG that excels at run blocking and would be a decent pass blocker.

If he stays at the weight he played at last year, you will get a guy that if a DT or LB runs straight into him, he will handle him, but if you make Bennie Anderson move laterally, he cant keep up.

If you dont trust Bills fans, go to a Ravens message board and ask them. They did not like the way Bennie Anderson played in Baltimore and laughed when we signed him.

Again, Mularkey and Anderson, Bills fans did not like their performance before they became Dolphins.

After you guys got Culpepper, your due alittle laughing at now. Lets face it, getting Culpepper out does any of the bad moves experts or fans think you have made. Not every move is going to be praised.

Bills fans have gone a whole offseason of experts and fans laughing at our moves and maing jokes about our owner.

Back
Top Bottom