Bills front seven looks nasty | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills front seven looks nasty

Adam First

Excellence in Mediocrity
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I've been watching highlights of the Bills/Bears preseason game and the Bills defensive line is absolutely murdering the Bears right now. Shawne Merriman had what seemed like 40 sacks against the Bears quarterbacks and Marcel Dareius looks to be a beast.

It's still early, of course, but it's something to keep an eye on as the season progresses...

Dareus is going to be a beast. As for Merriman, meh. Pretty sure he'll be as irrelevant as he's been for as long I can remember once he's not playing the worst line in the NFL.

relax the bears oiline gave up 9 sacks in a quater last year on sunday night game.....they added no one to that line.

relax the bears oiline gave up 9 sacks in a quater last year on sunday night game.....they added no one to that line.

Yeah thats what I'm hoping for...the Bears O-line is swiss cheese, and it's only gotten worse since Olin Kreutz left.

The Bills front 7 looked completely different last night. The Bears could not figure out who to double because Dareus, Williams, and especially Merriman were flat dominating any time they got a 1 on 1.

If Merriman does what he did this week against Clady next week, the Bills are going to be a lot tougher than we expect

and the offense? but mando thinks they are ahead of us. LOL!

Held the top rushing team in 2010 to 108 total rushing yards yesterday. I think that's really good considering where our run defense was last year!

They did look good. I'll be interested in seeing how they handle a team other than one that was obviously not ready for the season. Still, impressive start...

Run DMC and Oakland will be a real test to our run defense this weekend though for sure.

I agree completely. McFadden has great speed but he is very physical. He doesn't avoid contact and looks to finish his runs by plowing through you. We also need to keep tabs on Bush, and Marcel Reece (the FB who is a former WR). In fact Oaklands offense goes through their backfield and we will have to be strong in defending the run and setting the edges. It will probably be a similar game plan as KC, stop the run and force Campbell to pass.

One things for sure, its going to be a physical, tough game and a good test for our new Bills D.

Back
Top Bottom