Bills | McGahee made available for trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills | McGahee made available for trade

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 14:32:29 -0800
Updating an ongoing story, Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Buffalo Bills are open to trading RB Willis McGahee and they likely have at least one possible suitor in the New York Giants. The Bills apparently have soured on McGahee, who is entering the final year of his contract.

Now this is stupid, real stupid. Why in the world would the Jills trade Mcgahee.

Wow...Thats news...Maybe they are looking to draft Lynch...Id trade for him but I bet his asking price is high

I've never been a big Willis guy. Good player but not great. Buffalo might be smart to be ahead of the curve and move him now

I don't see the Giants giving up anything for him.If they think he is near the caliber of Barber,they are insane. BTW,is Mcfagee good catching the ball out of the backfield? That's the type of RB the Giants are looking for.

Updating an ongoing story, Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Buffalo Bills are open to trading RB Willis McGahee and they likely have at least one possible suitor in the New York Giants. The Bills apparently have soured on McGahee, who is entering the final year of his contract.

Now this is stupid, real stupid. Why in the world would the Jills trade Mcgahee.

There are a couple reasons why they are looking to trade him

1. The whole penthouse interview thing
2. He has been called out three times for not running hard
3. Currently demanding an extension of top 5 money with average play
4. His stock is as high as it is gonna get with the Bills, if he plays next year with buffalo teams will know he will not be re-signed.
5. With a Weak Draft and Weak FA Class this year, they may get inflated offers for him.

If they do get this deal done Look for Lynch to be a Bill with the 12th Pick. Specualtion is the Giants are offering a 2nd and a 4th. there has also been word that they are offering their 20th pick

I don't see the Giants giving up anything for him.If they think he is near the caliber of Barber,they are insane. BTW,is Mcfagee good catching the ball out of the backfield? That's the type of RB the Giants are looking for.

Yes he can catch out of the backfield. But not like Marv wants. He wants a player like Thurman, and I think there are alot of people in the front office that think Lynch might be that

Hes been almost nothing but a dissapointment since entering the NFL, granted his line could be a little better..

There are a couple reasons why they are looking to trade him

1. The whole penthouse interview thing
2. He has been called out three times for not running hard
3. Currently demanding an extension of top 5 money with average play
4. His stock is as high as it is gonna get with the Bills, if he plays next year with buffalo teams will know he will not be re-signed.
5. With a Weak Draft and Weak FA Class this year, they may get inflated offers for him.

If they do get this deal done Look for Lynch to be a Bill with the 12th Pick. Specualtion is the Giants are offering a 2nd and a 4th. there has also been word that they are offering their 20th pick

Please explain. Im intrigued by this.

simple, he's not that good. One dimensional player, bad vision, hates the city of Buffalo, ect. He was great his first year as a starter, but has regressed mightily since he said he was the best RB in the NFL

Please explain. Im intrigued by this.

Ooo this is the interview when he was asked about playing in Buffalo and is discouragement about player here came out. This is also where he said if a team moves to Toronto is should be the Bills, Because it is a very nice city and he would love playing there. That type of talk.

Yes he can catch out of the backfield. But not like Marv wants. He wants a player like Thurman, and I think there are alot of people in the front office that think Lynch might be that

Packers will get Lynch :wink: @ 16

here is a little more info. into the Giants' interest in Willis...

Giants eyeing McGahee
By RALPH VACCHIANO
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

"INDIANAPOLIS - Brandon Jacobs still may be the heir apparent to Tiki Barber's throne, but Willis McGahee could end up fighting him for the crown. New Giants GM Jerry Reese said yesterday that he is looking into trading for the 25-year-old McGahee, who is being shopped around by Buffalo. The Bills called the Giants recently to gauge their interest, but Reese said they have not yet set an asking price."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/story/500639p-422149c.html

I could see him in NY for the G men. But I don't think they could get Lynch at the number 20 spot they would get from the Gmen. I'v watched Lynch a few times. Killed my Cougs. He will go higher than 20

Back
Top Bottom