Blocked kicks/punts? Will Poole the player... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blocked kicks/punts? Will Poole the player...

Interesting Parrothead, we diddn't have a lot of special teams producion last year but this year we have a lot of guys that will come in and play hard.

Poole would have been a late first/second round pick if it weren't for his slow 40 time (and he ran a better 40 at a later date) and character concerns. Teams must have known about the DUI and that probably helped him drop even more, but now that is behind him. If Poole can stay out of trouble, I think he can be a very good player. Poole is a playmaker. He will probably only be our dimeback this season, but I think he will have an impact on this team in some way. I think picking him was an excellent decision.

calmlikeabomb said:
It has been quite some time since the Dolphins last blocked a PAT or FG. I remember hearing broadcasters commenting on how many attempts it has been since we have blocked a PAT or FG. I don't remember the number though.

Didn't we block one this year?

12 blocks in 14 and a half games...pretty good considering half of that was done at Ventura College and the other half was done at big bad USC.

Also, Tony Bua had 9 blocks this season at Arkansas. Keep that in mind too. :)

ckparrothead said:
12 blocks in 14 and a half games...pretty good considering half of that was done at Ventura College and the other half was done at big bad USC.

Also, Tony Bua had 9 blocks this season at Arkansas. Keep that in mind too. :)

That is interesting, two people who are known as being people who are too slow for the NFL are both known for being able to block kicks. They must have amazing acceleration and quickness.

That is interesting, two people who are known as being people who are too slow for the NFL are both known for being able to block kicks. They must have amazing acceleration and quickness.

Definitely. Then again, I know Ed Reed doesn't exactly have super blazing speed. He's a safety and runs good for safeties, doesn't mean he runs well for corners. If speed was the rule then corners would be doing all the blocking in the NFL. Initially when I heard FinsFlurry say he noticed Will Poole in the backfield a lot on kick blocks, I thought maybe it was his skill with the press that helps him out, being physical...but that probably ain't it either. Who knows.

great news and great thread. thanks a lot ck.

22mercury, welcome to Finheaven, and thanks for the insight. Awesome man!

Excellent post, CK. I'm glad someone finally answered my question about Poole lol. It was really noticeable at the camp because I never have seen a Dolphin ST come around the corner that fast, and I mean when was the last time we had a player block a kick? Hopefully he keeps it up and we can have a legitimate blocking threat...how big would a blocked punt for a TD be, haven't seen that in a Dolphins game nin forever. Great stuff.

Thanks D-Fan Dupree :)

But seriously, is anyone thinking we got the steal of the draft with this kid? Methinks me like...

I think we got a steal....cant wait to see the kids coached up too, he'll be even better.

Mercc22: Since you are a special teams coach, what attributes make a guy adept at blocking kicks? Is it just a knack/feel for it or what?

Great thread CK. :) Would you mind doing some research on Ben 50Cent Moa?
I'm hoping for good things from him too.

Back
Top Bottom