Bogus predictions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bogus predictions

syborg

Rookie
Reaction score
So a Patriots fan on another forum i frequent has posted this. .

thoughts?

AFC East

New England Patriots - You can call it a homer choice all you like, but they're favourites to win for a reason. There are no real weaknesses in this time now, with veteran additions at CB and a solid draft to bolster the defence. Wilfork and Seymour are in contract years, so expect a big show from the front 3 (or will it be 4?). The AFC South isn't what it used to be, and whilst tricky matchups in the NFC South will cause headaches, there just aren't many teams with the talent the Patriots have.

Prediction: 14-2

Miami Dolphins - What a season they had to bounce back from 1-15 to 11-5! But sadly it's back to earth with a bump. Pennington can't throw a deep ball and the wildcat won't spank teams like it did on it's debut. Crowder and Porter are good, sure, and that secondary is young and talented, but offensively, they just have no aerial game. They're a good team, but they need more than that to make the playoffs.

Prediction: 6-10

New York Jets - This defence looks scary. Already a solid pass D gets an added twist with a pass rush from the Baltimore mould. Expect the unexpected with strange looks and exotic blitzes to pressure the QB and stuff the run. But what about the offence? Having a rookie QB at starter (and he will be starting) means trouble for most teams. Not everyone can do a Matt Ryan/Joe Flacco. The Jets run game is still good, and if Sanchez can convert a few key 3rd downs (Dustin Keller, you ready?), they might be in with a shot.

Prediction: 10-6

Buffalo Bills - The TO show is in town and Jauron's job is on the line, perhaps along with QB Trent Edwards', too. The Bills offensive line is the biggest concern. Can they give Edwards time to find their prima-donna wideout? Can they create holes for Jackson/Lynch (delete the prior once the latter stops committing crimes) to run through? Then there's the pass rush. That secondary is pretty good. That special teams is one of the best. But what use is it if they can't sack the quarterback? Sorry TO...not today

Personally I dont buy it. .

You can always tell when someone knows very little about the Dolphins when the first things they bring up are Pennington's arm and the Wildcat. Pennington's "crappy" arm threw for the second highest QB rating last season and the Wildcat was something the Dolphins ran less than 10% of the time.

This guy also has a very questionable grasp on the English language.

6-10 is a bit harsh. 8-8 is a fair prediction for a non Phin-fan to make.

And 10-6 for the Jets is just homerish. Not saying they can't accomplish that (better chance if they sign a good receiver), but it's an off-the-wall prediction and pretty unlikely. Sort of like predicting our 11-5 season.

So a Patriots fan on another forum i frequent has posted this. .

thoughts?

AFC East

New England Patriots - You can call it a homer choice all you like, but they're favourites to win for a reason. There are no real weaknesses in this time now, with veteran additions at CB and a solid draft to bolster the defence. Wilfork and Seymour are in contract years, so expect a big show from the front 3 (or will it be 4?). The AFC South isn't what it used to be, and whilst tricky matchups in the NFC South will cause headaches, there just aren't many teams with the talent the Patriots have.

Prediction: 14-2

Miami Dolphins - What a season they had to bounce back from 1-15 to 11-5! But sadly it's back to earth with a bump. Pennington can't throw a deep ball and the wildcat won't spank teams like it did on it's debut. Crowder and Porter are good, sure, and that secondary is young and talented, but offensively, they just have no aerial game. They're a good team, but they need more than that to make the playoffs.

New York Jets - This defence looks scary. Already a solid pass D gets an added twist with a pass rush from the Baltimore mould. Expect the unexpected with strange looks and exotic blitzes to pressure the QB and stuff the run. But what about the offence? Having a rookie QB at starter (and he will be starting) means trouble for most teams. Not everyone can do a Matt Ryan/Joe Flacco. The Jets run game is still good, and if Sanchez can convert a few key 3rd downs (Dustin Keller, you ready?), they might be in with a shot.

Prediction: 10-6

Buffalo Bills - The TO show is in town and Jauron's job is on the line, perhaps along with QB Trent Edwards', too. The Bills offensive line is the biggest concern. Can they give Edwards time to find their prima-donna wideout? Can they create holes for Jackson/Lynch (delete the prior once the latter stops committing crimes) to run through? Then there's the pass rush. That secondary is pretty good. That special teams is one of the best. But what use is it if they can't sack the quarterback? Sorry TO...not today

Personally I dont buy it. .

:sidelol:

Patsies: 14-2 :m359:

Fins: 6-10 no aerial game??? Penny was runner up for NFL MVP :lol:

Jests: 10-6 w/ a rookie QB & HC :crazy:

Bills: ....who cares

I'm not buying the 14-2 prediction......I'd say 12-4....and the division title for the Patriots...

I'm not buying 6-10 for Miami....I'd give them 9 wins today....and a second place finish in the division...with an outside shot at a wildcard berth...I think Miami and NE will have the same record inside the division (5-1).....

I think the Jets have an outside shot at finishing as a .500 team with their running game and defense....I like Sanchez...I had him slightly over Stafford as far as QB's go.....he's going to learn by the seat of his pants....but he's going to make some plays too....

Bills bring up the rear...it's a recipe for disaster up there....you can't win if you don't have an offensive line...period....Jauron may get fired before the season is over....

I'm sick and tired of the preseason shiite already.

Bring on Atlanta.

...you can't win if you don't have an offensive line...period....

but...but...YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! ESPN SAYS THEY WILL BE GREAT BECAUSE THEY GOT TO DON'T YOU PLAY MADDEN THAT IS A HUGE PICKUP OFFENSIVE LINE IS NOT IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVE GOOD WIDE RECEIVERS LOL

i dont think the Patriots will go 14-2 but i do think they will win the divsion if tom brady stay's healthy and i can see us going 6-10 because of the fact we have a really tough schedule there is no doubt in my mind we are a better team then we were last year but you never know the pats could just competely suck and the dolphins could be super bowl champs anything is possible

but...but...YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! ESPN SAYS THEY WILL BE GREAT BECAUSE THEY GOT TO DON'T YOU PLAY MADDEN THAT IS A HUGE PICKUP OFFENSIVE LINE IS NOT IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVE GOOD WIDE RECEIVERS LOL

Thats what Matt millen thought lol :lol:

So part of the reason the Phins will go 6-10 is b/c they lack an aerial attack. By his logic, they lacked it last year too. So that explains the 11-5 record then right?

Wait....

So part of the reason the Phins will go 6-10 is b/c they lack an aerial attack. By his logic, they lacked it last year too. So that explains the 11-5 record then right?

Wait....

Ah but I questioned that too and he said this:

'I've already explained that I think it's the schedule that gives you that record, not the team'

What ever. .

Then an eagles fan piped up and told me this in defence of the Jets prediction after I shot that down. .

'The Jets have the best offesive line in the league. That is the perfect situation for a rookie QB and they have a solid run game which they can build around.'

Some people. . sheesh

Ah but I questioned that too and he said this:

'I've already explained that I think it's the schedule that gives you that record, not the team'

What ever. .

Then an eagles fan piped up and told me this in defence of the Jets prediction after I shot that down. .

'The Jets have the best offesive line in the league. That is the perfect situation for a rookie QB and they have a solid run game which they can build around.'

Some people. . sheesh

Wow. What the hell? Did something happen while I was sleeping? When did the Jets get the best O-line in the league? I don't ever pay much attention to predictions about records because there are too many variables that come into play throughout the season. But best O-line :confused:. Give me a break.

Wow. What the hell? Did something happen while I was sleeping? When did the Jets get the best O-line in the league? I don't ever pay much attention to predictions about records because there are too many variables that come into play throughout the season. But best O-line :confused:. Give me a break.

They do have the best OL in the division(and up at the top of the league.) Mangold, Faneca, Woody, D'Brick Who's is better? They have 3 former pro bowlers starting.

Back
Top Bottom