boise state @ bowling green | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

boise state @ bowling green

you don't like Jacobs then? I think he's really talented and could be like Culpepper, a big QB who can move as well as throw

he's physically talented, although he's nowhere near as big as culpepper, and his arm isn't that great and he plays in a terrible system and he didn't call a single audible himself. if he does well in the NFL, it'll be because he changes a LOT of things

kastofsna120 said:
he's physically talented, although he's nowhere near as big as culpepper, and his arm isn't that great and he plays in a terrible system and he didn't call a single audible himself. if he does well in the NFL, it'll be because he changes a LOT of things

Yea watching the one worst game of his career really gives you the ablilty to say that. Why don't you go review some past games or maybe the GMAC bowl and say that again.

why should i? what would i see different? different mechanics? a different offense? him actually audiblizing himself and being a true leader? the guy doesn't have it to be a pro

kastofsna120 said:
why should i? what would i see different? different mechanics? a different offense? him actually audiblizing himself and being a true leader? the guy doesn't have it to be a pro

Why should you, because it is not fair to judge a player based on his worst game ever. You'd see accurate strong passes, an offense clicking. I don't care about his mechanics, I'm willing to wager all you know is that his throwing motion looks odd, you have no idea about body positioning, ideal height for the release, or any of the good stuff about throwing mechanics that you are criticizing. He dosn't call audibles, the offense calls the play after the defense sets up and he runs it, its called the no-huddle, it is how it is ran. I don't see your problem with an offense that was built for him.

I don't see this as that bad of a game I mean it might be his worst but he didn't throw any INTs and he did good for not even having a running game last night

nick1 said:
I don't see this as that bad of a game I mean it might be his worst but he didn't throw any INTs and he did good for not even having a running game last night

He should have thrown at least 1 INT, but the running game, recievers,oline, and playcalling all equally sucked. I'll tell you right now that was a horrible game, I've never seen him or would have expected to have him play that bad. When you have this kid as your quarterback under 300 yards and 3TD's is a subpar game, last nght was just pathetic.

saves said:
Why should you, because it is not fair to judge a player based on his worst game ever. You'd see accurate strong passes, an offense clicking. I don't care about his mechanics, I'm willing to wager all you know is that his throwing motion looks odd, you have no idea about body positioning, ideal height for the release, or any of the good stuff about throwing mechanics that you are criticizing. He dosn't call audibles, the offense calls the play after the defense sets up and he runs it, its called the no-huddle, it is how it is ran. I don't see your problem with an offense that was built for him.
exactly. he's running an offense BUILT FOR HIM. how's that going to translate in the NFL? running a no-huddle shotgun offense where you look to the sidelines for the play while everyone is already in position? no audibles, as i said; not even a CHANCE to audible. reminds me of steve spurrier's offense in that sense

as for his mechanics, you're right, i have been critical of his throwing motion, but let's discuss his other mechanical problems. as someone on this board said, it looks like he's throwing a dart. basically he's all arm. his body position is stable when he throws, which is good in that he's not throwing off the wrong foot, but bad in that he gets no juice on the ball and he can float a ton of passes

i don't care how well he plays in this offense, it's a crappy offense that in no resembles anything close to an NFL offense. i don't care how well eric crouch did in the option at nebraska, i don't care how vince young does in the option at texas, i don't care how bj symons does in the spread offense at texas tech, etc. i'm not impressed that a guy is able to find receivers in an offense with 4 guys spread out at all times against weak MAC defenses. the fact that he struggled in it last night (in an offense "designed for him" as you put it) just justifies my opinion even more

kastofsna120 said:
exactly. he's running an offense BUILT FOR HIM. how's that going to translate in the NFL? running a no-huddle shotgun offense where you look to the sidelines for the play while everyone is already in position? no audibles, as i said; not even a CHANCE to audible. reminds me of steve spurrier's offense in that sense

as for his mechanics, you're right, i have been critical of his throwing motion, but let's discuss his other mechanical problems. as someone on this board said, it looks like he's throwing a dart. basically he's all arm. his body position is stable when he throws, which is good in that he's not throwing off the wrong foot, but bad in that he gets no juice on the ball and he can float a ton of passes

i don't care how well he plays in this offense, it's a crappy offense that in no resembles anything close to an NFL offense. i don't care how well eric crouch did in the option at nebraska, i don't care how vince young does in the option at texas, i don't care how bj symons does in the spread offense at texas tech, etc. i'm not impressed that a guy is able to find receivers in an offense with 4 guys spread out at all times against weak MAC defenses. the fact that he struggled in it last night (in an offense "designed for him" as you put it) just justifies my opinion even more
the MAC has some good QBs come out just look at Chad Pennington, Bryon Leftwich and most recently Big Ben so I think the MAC does something right for QBs. In the NFL the offense also has to be centered around their strenghs and if the QB does well in the shotgun then thats what they will do, what Jacobs does well which is the no huddle shotgun shows me that he would run a good 2 minute offense late in games. He will be good in the NFL trust me

nick1 said:
the MAC has some good QBs come out just look at Chad Pennington, Bryon Leftwich and most recently Big Ben so I think the MAC does something right for QBs. In the NFL the offense also has to be centered around their strenghs and if the QB does well in the shotgun then thats what they will do, what Jacobs does well which is the no huddle shotgun shows me that he would run a good 2 minute offense late in games. He will be good in the NFL trust me
you're comparing apples to oranges. jacobs is completely different than those players. pennington, roethlisberger, leftwich and charlie frye all looked like NFL players playing in college. jacobs just looks like a standard run-of-the-mill spread offense guy. you realize brock berlin was GREAT in the the no-huddle shotgun, right? that means nothing in the NFL

kastofsna120 said:
you're comparing apples to oranges. jacobs is completely different than those players. pennington, roethlisberger, leftwich and charlie frye all looked like NFL players playing in college. jacobs just looks like a standard run-of-the-mill spread offense guy. you realize brock berlin was GREAT in the the no-huddle shotgun, right? that means nothing in the NFL
:confused: Berlin was great? he never put up the kind of stats that Jacobs does

nick1 said:
:confused: Berlin was great? he never put up the kind of stats that Jacobs does
i said he was great in the no-huddle shotgun, which miami rarely played in. it's his speciality (props to larry coker and his staff for not coaching to the players' skillset :shakeno: )

kastofsna120 said:

Your kidding right? They ALL were guys that played alot of shotgun, where are you getting this from. You obviously have no idea what your talking about.

um, didn't Byron Leftwich play in a shotgun offense?

I dont think there is anything wrong with playing in a shotgun offense. It just another formation for Offense players.

To also let you know the New york Jets went into a more shotgun offense.

saves said:
Your kidding right? They ALL were guys that played alot of shotgun, where are you getting this from. You obviously have no idea what your talking about.
did i say they didn't? nope. you're missing the point. i said they LOOK LIKE NFL PLAYERS, and jacobs doesn't

Back
Top Bottom