Boise State to the Big Least??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boise State to the Big Least???

CedarPhin

King of the Moondoggers
Club Member
Reaction score
Big East officials have discussed the possibility of adding Boise State for football-only, a move that would help the league retain its automatic qualifying status for a BCS bowl bid after the current contract runs out following the 2013 regular season, according to a college official.
The official requested anonymity because he is not authorized to discuss league matters.
Adding Boise would be another major boost to the rebuilding process on the football side, with Air Force athletic director Hans Mueh telling the Denver Post in today's editions that the academy is hoping to join the Big East for football-only as well

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/10/big_easts_newest_expansion_tar.html
Crazy **** for sure.

they need to go to an actuall division, and play some decent teams. they sould have went to the pac 12 why they didnt is questionable, but we know its so they can keep rolling over their division. i would like to see them atleast go to the big12, big east doesnt make sense

they need to go to an actuall division, and play some decent teams. they sould have went to the pac 12 why they didnt is questionable, but we know its so they can keep rolling over their division. i would like to see them atleast go to the big12, big east doesnt make sense

LOL What?

Actually Boise State "decided" not to go to the PAC 12 because they never had an invite.

And I doubt BSU gets an invite to the Big East. It doesn't make sense for a lot of reasons.

LOL What?

Actually Boise State "decided" not to go to the PAC 12 because they never had an invite.

And I doubt BSU gets an invite to the Big East. It doesn't make sense for a lot of reasons.
hatereagle-1.jpg

Everyone loves to hate on Boise State. Every year they play quality teams in the first game, and every year they beat them. Boise is making an effort to move their way up in the conferences, but still, everyone loves to pull the schedule card. They just beat a dead horse over and over. Boise is legitimate though. They'll see it when they're in the National Championship game this year. Worst case scenario they get a BCS bowl.

hatereagle-1.jpg

Everyone loves to hate on Boise State. Every year they play quality teams in the first game, and every year they beat them. Boise is making an effort to move their way up in the conferences, but still, everyone loves to pull the schedule card. They just beat a dead horse over and over. Boise is legitimate though. They'll see it when they're in the National Championship game this year. Worst case scenario they get a BCS bowl.

I don't think anyone 'hates' Boise.... It's more along the lines of believing that teams that have to play LSU, Alabama, Florida, Arkansas, Miss. St., Georgia, South Carolina, etc. every year back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back, get tired of hearing Boise St. fans complain about how they deserved to be playing the national championship game every year because they managed to go undefeated playing the likes of San Jose St., Idaho, Fresno St., Utah St., etc...

It's a lot different when you literally have to bring your "A" game every single week, or your a** will get beat.

Boise has proven they can play with the Oklahoma's, Georgia's, Virginia Tech's when they have an entire offseason to prepare for that game, or a month of preparation leading up the bowl game. It's a little different when you're getting physically beaten up every week, and only have a week before you have to get physically beat up again.... and again... and again... and again..

I have respect for Boise's program, but playing a WAC or MWC schedule and going undefeated isn't exactly worthy of a national championship game. Nor is going undefeated in the Big-East.

But just to prove that it's not just 'hate' against Boise, everyone inside the SEC understands that the SEC East is just as irrelevant. Nobody from the SEC West is all that impressed with a win over Georgia.... their coach has been on the hotseat the last few years for a reason.

The worst team in the SEC (Ole Miss) blew out Fresno St. last year, and just went on the road and beat them again this year. Fresno St. has been considered a skin on Boise's wall...

BSU to the Big Easy would be dumb. Now BSU to the Big XII? Yes. Hell yes. Go there with TCU and maybe SMU and Houston. That would be a good conference.

The Boise teams of the past few years, IMO, would've been in the top half of the SEC in those years. I'm confident that they'd beat anybody they played in their bowl game this year, and I'm confident that they would be better than most think if they were in the SEC.

And Slimm, I say haters mainly because I live in Virginia Tech country and all I ever hear is the chokies fans bitching and moaning about how Boise State is full of bull**** because they never play anyone, when in reality, neither does Tech, Particularly this year. Tech fans have been complaining since they lost to Boise last year. Well, this year Tech steam rolls several teams to a 4-0 record and suddenly every Tech fan thinks they're good when they've played a weaker Schedule than Boise normally does. Then before the Clemson game, Tech fans begin talking a big game, like always, and wind up getting stomped at home.

I guess what I'm saying is I get tired of constantly hearing Boise get ragged on, but god forbid anyone mention Virginia Tech's weak schedule.

Boise St to the Big East is about one thing: keeping the AQ status. TCU was going to keep it for us until they got invited by the Big 12. If they don't invite Boise then that means they feel that inviting the service academies will keep that bid because Congress would not like it very much if Air Force and Army all of a sudden got their BCS spot yanked. It would cause Congress to come sniffing around the BCS again.

Boise St to the Big East is about one thing: keeping the AQ status. TCU was going to keep it for us until they got invited by the Big 12. If they don't invite Boise then that means they feel that inviting the service academies will keep that bid because Congress would not like it very much if Air Force and Army all of a sudden got their BCS spot yanked. It would cause Congress to come sniffing around the BCS again.

Especially in regards to multiple sports, Air Force is the ONLY service academy that belongs in a legit conference (No offense to our incredible men and woman fighting, nor their respective academies.

Anybody else think its only a matter of time till the veil comes off and these "Super conferences" are called out for what they are?

Air Force can compete pretty well in football, but they're pretty toothless in every other sport. If they were to join the Big Least, they'd put their other teams in the WAC or something I'd imagine.

The Boise teams of the past few years, IMO, would've been in the top half of the SEC in those years. I'm confident that they'd beat anybody they played in their bowl game this year, and I'm confident that they would be better than most think if they were in the SEC.

And Slimm, I say haters mainly because I live in Virginia Tech country and all I ever hear is the chokies fans bitching and moaning about how Boise State is full of bull**** because they never play anyone, when in reality, neither does Tech, Particularly this year. Tech fans have been complaining since they lost to Boise last year. Well, this year Tech steam rolls several teams to a 4-0 record and suddenly every Tech fan thinks they're good when they've played a weaker Schedule than Boise normally does. Then before the Clemson game, Tech fans begin talking a big game, like always, and wind up getting stomped at home.

I guess what I'm saying is I get tired of constantly hearing Boise get ragged on, but god forbid anyone mention Virginia Tech's weak schedule.

Seems like all Tech plays are James Madison, Marshall, or East Carolina, with a BCS opponent mixed in here and again.

I don't think anyone 'hates' Boise.... It's more along the lines of believing that teams that have to play LSU, Alabama, Florida, Arkansas, Miss. St., Georgia, South Carolina, etc. every year back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back, get tired of hearing Boise St. fans complain about how they deserved to be playing the national championship game every year because they managed to go undefeated playing the likes of San Jose St., Idaho, Fresno St., Utah St., etc...

It's a lot different when you literally have to bring your "A" game every single week, or your a** will get beat.

Boise has proven they can play with the Oklahoma's, Georgia's, Virginia Tech's when they have an entire offseason to prepare for that game, or a month of preparation leading up the bowl game. It's a little different when you're getting physically beaten up every week, and only have a week before you have to get physically beat up again.... and again... and again... and again..

I have respect for Boise's program, but playing a WAC or MWC schedule and going undefeated isn't exactly worthy of a national championship game. Nor is going undefeated in the Big-East.

But just to prove that it's not just 'hate' against Boise, everyone inside the SEC understands that the SEC East is just as irrelevant. Nobody from the SEC West is all that impressed with a win over Georgia.... their coach has been on the hotseat the last few years for a reason.

The worst team in the SEC (Ole Miss) blew out Fresno St. last year, and just went on the road and beat them again this year. Fresno St. has been considered a skin on Boise's wall...

You're saying that BSU would have to play in a conference they aren't members of to have any chance of a national championship.

What kind of bull-**** system is that? That's like saying that the teams in the NFC West should be barred from the Superbowl because their teams aren't perennial contenders.

The fact is, no matter how many times Boise goes undefeated, they have absolutely no shot at a national championship. What other athletic system anywhere in the world is so blatantly unfair?

You're saying that BSU would have to play in a conference they aren't members of to have any chance of a national championship.

What kind of bull-**** system is that? That's like saying that the teams in the NFC West should be barred from the Superbowl because their teams aren't perennial contenders.

The fact is, no matter how many times Boise goes undefeated, they have absolutely no shot at a national championship. What other athletic system anywhere in the world is so blatantly unfair?

Whoever it is that deemed the NFL's version of crowning a champion as 'perfection' and above reproach is also missing the boat. Any team that wins the weakest conference with an 8-8 record doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs over a team with a 10-6 record that finished 3rd in their division because it's the toughest division. The 6 best teams from each conference should be in the playoffs...period. That's not what's happening under the current structure in the NFL.

Hell, you can win your division and have a losing record if your division is weak enough.... what sense does it make for that team to have an automatic playoff berth?

Why shouldn't a team like Arkansas who's only 2 losses come to the #1 and #2 teams in the country get left out of a shot to compete for the title anymore than Boise St. going undefeated should? Boise didn't have to face the top 2 teams in the country. Arkansas did. You don't think Arkansas goes undefeated with Boise's schedule?

Even if you do have a playoff in college football (which is fine with me too) the teams in the toughest conferences STILL played the toughest schedules in order to qualify for the playoffs, while the Boise's and TCU's STILL didn't. Nothing really changed did it?

Hell, I'd be fine with Alabama leaving the SEC to become an independent, scheduling 9 cupcakes from the WAC or MWC every year, going undefeated and waiting the for the playoffs to roll around before they even begin playing the starters.

Suits me.... how about you?

Why does every team have to strive to be in the SEC?

Why did conferences begin having conference championship games after the SEC decided to do it?

Every team striving to be in it is futile, the SEC won't accept all of 'em.

However, the other conferences do strive to be like the SEC... that's where the standard in college football is set.

Back
Top Bottom