Boldin could've been a Dolphin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin could've been a Dolphin

CrunchTime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
During the 2003 NFL Draft, the Dolphins were on the clock in the second round with Boldin still on the board. Instead, the Dolphins selected linebacker Eddie Moore from Tennessee.

Reminded of it this week, Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt said he had forgotten all about it.

"I do have a hard time believing that," Boldin said. "We have a receivers coach (Robert Ford) here that was with the Dolphins then and he told me how it went down. When I came out, I was actually on their draft board and all the coaches wanted to pick me but they decided to go in a different direction. That's their loss, I guess

In his first professional game, Boldin had 10 catches for 217 yards against the Detroit Lions. He set a rookie record with 101 catches and was the only rookie voted to the Pro Bowl. His 1,377 yards were the most by a rookie in 43 years.

"He went into that first game as our third wide receiver," said Dolphins receivers coach Jerry Sullivan, who was the Cardinals' offensive coordinator last season. "After that game was over I told him, 'Anquan, you are now the man.' "

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2004/11/05/a10b_boldin_1105.html

Yeah, crunchtime, please don't go through the trouble of copying and pasting links and text, to remind us.

:lol: Just thought it was ironic that you would say that after all you did to format it here.

it's in the past and therefore is irrelevant

Yes I think we have had enough of these negatives stories.We are more interested in future stories such who will be our next HC,GM and draft picks.

yeah, so could've Randy Moss or Emmitt Smith or Terrell Davis or Joe Montana...
file this under the no $hit category

spiral said:
yeah, so could've Randy Moss or Emmitt Smith or Terrell Davis or Joe Montana...
file this under the no $hit category

The reason for this thread is to read Boldin's (and Robert Ford's) words.

This was a Wanny pick (Eddie Moore). Everyone else (including Speilman) was on board for Boldin.

Hey, another "we would have had Boldin if not for Dumbstedt" story.

Instead of posting these articles, would someone just kick me in the nuts? Seriously, the effect is more or less the same: sharp searing pain, following by a bad stomachache. But in one case, the stomachache ultimately goes away, and in the other, it's replaced by a headache from beating my head against a wall while shouting "Why is this imbecile running my favorite football team?!?"

Muck said:
The reason for this thread is to read Boldin's (and Robert Ford's) words.

This was a Wanny pick (Eddie Moore). Everyone else (including Speilman) was on board for Boldin.
You are right.The story is a human interest story .

Everybody knows that, do you also want to talk about how Wanny passed up on Trent Green and kept Fiedler.

Doesn't matter if we had Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison and TO we don't have a line or QB to get them the ball. Mute point as far as I am concerned. Plus, they would be nothing more than decoy for our world famous power running game we have.

muscle979 said:
Everybody knows that, do you also want to talk about how Wanny passed up on Trent Green and kept Fiedler.

:smackhead ........ Actually did forget about that one. Thanks for the reminder.

Back
Top Bottom