Boldin on the block next season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin on the block next season?

His injuries could be hampered by his obvious distaste for the Cards but to give up anything higher then a 3rd would not be smart. If you are going to trade, go for a much younger player.

His injuries could be hampered by his obvious distaste for the Cards but to give up anything higher then a 3rd would not be smart. If you are going to trade, go for a much younger player.
Not only through trade. If there isn't a new CBA (which I think there will be) I'd still rather give up a high draft pick and break the bank for UFA's like Vincent Jackson or Brandon Marshall. Maybe even Edwards but I'm not sure you'd want to give a high draft pick to a division rival. You're going to give up a high draft pick and break the bank for Boldin anways.

Not only through trade. If there isn't a new CBA (which I think there will be) I'd still rather give up a high draft pick and break the bank for UFA's like Vincent Jackson or Brandon Marshall. Maybe even Edwards but I'm not sure you'd want to give a high draft pick to a division rival. You're going to give up a high draft pick and break the bank for Boldin anways.
Problem is that Jackson and Marshall are going nowhere. If I am going to give up a high pick it would be for Miles Austin. Ireland found him and brought him to the Cowboys.

Last edited by a moderator:
His value is obviously at an all-time low. Trading a pick AND giving up a large contract is a huge risk.

Some team will offer a 3rd or even 2nd rounder. Not this team though with as many holes as need to be filled.

Problem is that Jackson and Marshall are going nowhere. If I am going to give up a high pick it would be for Miles Austin. Ireland found him at brought him to the Cowboys.
Well if you seem to think Jackson or Marshall are going nowhere, I wouldn't expect Miles to be going anywhere either.

Well if you seem to think Jackson or Marshall are going nowhere, I wouldn't expect Miles to be going anywhere either.
The Chargers and Broncos will re-sign them. Although it would probably take a couple of picks to get Austin, I don't think the Cowboys will give him up.

Boldin is a borderline #1, and he's old.

I'd rather draft Lafell or Benn in the 2nd than trade that pick for Boldin.
Have to take him in the first and I hope they do. This kid has all the tools.

Good for him. Now hopefully we don't overpay for him by giving up anything better than a 4th. He's 29, injury prone, wants a big contract. A 2nd for him and I'll be pissed.

are you joking? he is easily a top 10 reciever in the nfl.. easily

He is always hurt, wants a big contract, has a lot of mileage, and will be 30. His value will be low.

I think a 3rd and a 6th is more than fair. That still allows Miami put a 1st and 2nd on a big time, pass catching TE and a pass rusher.

If I was Miami I'd offer a fourth rounder and Ginn for Boldin. I'd up that offer to a third and Ginn if need be. As the #3 WR in the Cards offense, Ginn might be pretty good -at least he would give them a good return game.

The point is Ginn would be more valuable to the Cards then he would be to the Dolphins. Boldin woud give us the first (even marginal) #1 WR for a long time.

Hey let's throw fasano in too and they can even have gibril Wilson if that will seal the deal.

Get real people not 1 NFL team wants Ginn or porter or any of those bums. You need to offer quality not quantity

Back
Top Bottom