Boldin praises Fins for trade, Agent spoke with Fins before he was traded to Ravens | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin praises Fins for trade, Agent spoke with Fins before he was traded to Ravens

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
The former Pahokee High School and Florida State standout is back home to raise money for underprivileged youth in Palm Beach County, and in Arizona, where Boldin spent the first seven seasons of his NFL career, and soon enough, in Baltimore, too, where a trade sent 'Quan last month to begin again at 29.

Boldin got plenty in his new deal with the Ravens, with $28 million spread across four years and $10 million of that guaranteed. Baltimore coughed up a third- and a fourth-round pick in next week's draft, too.

Either the Dolphins didn't want to pay that much to get Boldin or they just weren't sold on his ability to transform their offense. That may not make perfect sense to everybody out in Pahokee, but neither is there any real grumbling about the younger and louder Marshall getting so much more, including $24 million in guaranteed money.

Even Boldin, emboldened by joining Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and other hardened vets just like himself in Baltimore, is finding reason to celebrate Miami's move.

"For Brandon, it's great," Boldin said before joining Reed, Abram Elam and other NFL players in a fund-raising scramble tournament on the Champion course. "He's getting what he's wanted. Brandon is a good friend of mine and I'm definitely glad to see him get his wishes."

But what of Boldin ever becoming a Dolphin during his days of displeasure with Arizona contract talks? Was that always under the category of wishful thinking?

"There were talks about me being traded there for the past three years," Boldin said. "There were discussions, but as far as it happening, I'm not sure how close it came. My agent did have discussions with them trying to get a deal done."

In the end, Marshall was worth the wait for Miami, and Boldin is happy with Baltimore, which he calls "a great fit for me." That gives everybody the freedom to say exactly what they think about Miami's giant step forward in the receiver-rich AFC East.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...-could-have-had-brandon-marshalls-569936.html

To bad we couldn't of gotten both of them. That would of been a dream come true. But Im happy with having only Marshall lol

Boldin is a beast, but I believe the trifecta were scared away due to his age and injury history.

Boldin is a great player but we got a younger version in Marshall. They both play very physical football and I wish the best to both of them.

Miami, the land of beautiful women wearing very little

or

Baltimore, where The Wire was filmed.

I'd say it's fair to assume Boldin wishes he was in Marshall's shoes.

Miami, the land of beautiful women wearing very little

or

Baltimore, where The Wire was filmed.

I'd say it's fair to assume Boldin wishes he was in Marshall's shoes.

Hey! Some of us live in B'more! It's a quirky fun town here, but yeah, Bodymore, Murderland. I'll tell ya, both me and my friends who are local Ravens fans are super-pumped about seeing Boldin AND Marshall @ the Baltimore game!! :up:

Back
Top Bottom