BOLTS fans speak highly of DOBBINS... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BOLTS fans speak highly of DOBBINS...

The guy had better numbers than Channing Crowder had last year. The organization not only found themselves a very good special teamer, but someone who can spark a fire in Channing ***.

Tim Dobbins had 55 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 2 FF to Channing Crowder 52 tackles 1 sack, 1 INT, 0 FF

It's like this forum, some guys like him, some think he sucks.

Edit: funny I can't find the ones who think he sucks :) Could it be that in San Diego most fans actually like their players? Any time the Dolphins trade a player somebody here -if not half the board- is going "and about time!"

Edit2: Ahh... an explanation from a guy on that thread:
Count me in as one who always liked and had hopes for Tim Dobbins. It's almost funny how apparently beloved and highly thought of he actually was around here. I've seen much more marque players who have had nothing but hate and scorn heaped on them from the fans.
So San Diego fans are not truly the great, almost saintly fans I was beginning to suspect they were. Seriously, I went through the whole thread and didn't see one negative comment about Dobbins. Who instantly reminds me of the H. Potter elf, btw.

Nice to read the fans perspective. That site seems really positive unlike some others. I didn't see any negative comments from what I read in that thread which was the first 4 pages.

he started two games last year...one he had 11 solo tackles, a pass def, and an int. another game he didnt start he had 10 solo tackles, 11 total, a stf?, and a FF. so he has some talent.

The guy had better numbers than Channing Crowder had last year. The organization not only found themselves a very good special teamer, but someone who can spark a fire in Channing ***.

Tim Dobbins had 55 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 2 FF to Channing Crowder 52 tackles 1 sack, 1 INT, 0 FF

I personally think he pushes Crowder out of his spot. His numbers are comparable and he did not even start more then two games last year, but yet his numbers are the same as Channing. I have a feeling it will be Dobbins and Dansby at ILB this year.

I personally think he pushes Crowder out of his spot. His numbers are comparable and he did not even start more then two games last year, but yet his numbers are the same as Channing. I have a feeling it will be Dobbins and Dansby at ILB this year.

I think so too

When I heard about the trade i thought this kid was just a filler who couldnt beat out our backups, then I heard Ireland say the FO had looked at this kid as a RFA but didnt want to pay the draft pick price to get him, and now hearing how the fans love him and what he does on the field .....I am liking this trade even more, if thats possible, this kid will come in and compete and at the worst will share snaps with Crowder at best, start next to Dansby for the next few yrs.
The charger fans had some good pts about the off the field stuff, the front office called it off the field concerns......not problems but concerns....if they had concerns about him off the field then why did they offer him a RFA contract? some think its a smear and Dobbins will probably respond....I can see why they signed him to RFA contract hoping to get someone to cough up a pick for him but why slander him as he leaves......I hope hes the beast they say he is on special teams, we can use it.

Not to have blind faith or anything but I feel as if Big Tuna in company know what they are doing.

I doubt the FO is attempting to spark a fire, they do not bother with such players. They are looking to replace CC, he dared to have an opinion about the Porter situation, this year is going to be a lesson in reality for him.

The Dolphins could potentially have Double-D's at LB!!!

I don't know much about Dobbins, but his angles can't be as bad as Crowders'.

Nice move and a core special teams player, versatility.

Crowder should become a matador. When he is attempting to tackle the ball carrier...in my mind... I am thinking "Ole!" when he whiffs. LOL
Seriously though, he is a solid player, but he will never be a pro bowl LB.We can definitely upgrade at his position. Dobbins might be the guy.

It would not surprise me at all if Crowder is moved out of his starting spot and is a backup up. The Tuna has openly called him out on how he plays on numerous occasions.

Back
Top Bottom